Minoxidil

So does this stuff actually work on beards? Are people on YouTube just trying to market it? I have a okay beard but it's kind of thin, was thinking about trying it but I feel the risk outlays the gain. What do you think Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zjMLBFFi7RQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not sure user but make sure you keep up with your beard. Shampoo and condition it. Beard oil, leave in conditioner all helps

Do those things help it grow fuller? Never bothered to go to the trouble, I just scrub it with Dove moisturizer soap.

It definitely keeps it healthy and healthy is better than not. Try it for a while, see how it goes. I shampoo it every other day, condition it every day. beard oil daily and leave in conditioner at night.
I

Sounds good I'll stop by at target and then see how it looks after a week or two.

just on target now. I'd say try a beard butter, balm is going to be more like wax.
I heard the creamo oil is good but I'm not sure I make my own oils.

>make my own oils
That's hardcore haha. But sounds good, I'll see whats up.

this stuff is trash for your body

it lowers your collagen production and makes you age prematurely

This isnt true

its actually super easy
make some good beard wax as well but I only use that for holidays etc

>week or two

It DOES work, but try a few months

Thanks for the info, I read the side effects and figured it didn't look all too healthy to begin with.

Cool
I haven't been that devoted to my beard because I can't grow it like ZZ Top, how do you make it?

How so?

You just blindly believe what one person on a forum says? The collagen production meme comes from paranoid dudes and guys that had no success with it so they choose to scare others away from using it

Countless people use it with no side effects. The “causes wrinkles” meme comes from dudes who get it on their face and it dries their face out or theyre just getting normal wrinkles and play it up in their heads as wrinkles caused by the rogaine. Ive used it and had no problems

look it up yourself, even the minox beard shills admit it

google "minoxidil collagen"

beeswax, some carrier oils like grapeseed, essential oils. Melt it, mix it up and put it in a ball jar.
Easier yet, get a cheap thing of coconut oil, melt it down, put essential oils in, such as pine needle, rosemary, smokey oils.
Let it harden up and you are good to go

it's been now 11 months since I started finasteride and minoxidil, how long should I keep going til I see any progress?

>coconut oil
Why do I feel this stuff has hidden properties, my girlfriend constantly uses this and now you tell me about it.

Ive already looked it up, theres no actualy evidence backing it up. Just people who have gotten dry skin and dark circles around their eyes. Its not gonna affect collagen to the point of aging you prematurely. All those hairlosstalk type forums are just cancerous places for dudes who are already bald to feel salty about themselves. Some people have no sides at all

But it is true that it messes with your heart right?
Lol

>significant amount of users complaining about face bloating and appearance of fine lines
>no evidence

kill yourself dumb fucking shill

its all around good stuff, just be careful with it in the shower, really fucking slippery

>have chance of getting "fine lines" (which I haven't seen at all)
>lose the rest of my hair rapidly

Hmm I wonder which one I should pick

Do not use minoxodil if you have cats.

>works for me :^)
10/10 argument

why even bother reading up on existing side effects of a drug, when I can just believe that one anonymous individual online when he says he didn't have any

Not even an official side effect.

The two articles that suggested that minoxidil prohibits collagen are outdated.

t. Actually saw a dermatologist to get a script because I'm not an armchair scientist who doesn't even know that you can't cite articles over 12 years old.

bump because I use minoxidil and I think I'm noticing skin aging

then again if you're starting to have thin hair it also follows that you're just getting old all over

>then again if you're starting to have thin hair it also follows that you're just getting old all over

First signs of male pattern baldness can typically be spotted before you're 21.
Just got to ask yourself what will age you more: skin like a catcher's mitt or a bald head?

>you can't cite articles over 12 years old.
what?

9 months is the standard time for most people. For me it really just filled in on my crown a bit, and stop my receding hairline. I still have a Norwood 2 or 3 tho.

>I feel the risk outlays the gain
The only side effect is dry skin from my experience (I've been using it on my face for about 10 weeks).

It is working, just takes a long ass time. I've made noticeable gains though. Places where all I had was thin light colored hair are getting thicker and darker and places where I had no visible hair are getting light thin growth.

The dry skin thing is totally real. I've haven't experienced any bloating or wrinkles or heart problems. It's worth a try imo, just stop if you notice any issues other than dry skin. Also, don't use it if you're still in your early 20s. Give your facial hair time to grow in naturally.

Wait if you spray this exclusively on your scalp

Shouldn't you avoid facial skin problems?

why would it work on beards?

Why wouldn't it work on beards? It makes hair grow where ever you put it as long as there are hair follicles there.

It doesn't make hair grow. It stops it from falling. Finasteride stimulates growing, but not in every case.

Not true. Read about how it works.

I did. And I talked to my dermatologist. And I been using it for the last, maybe 7 years?

Well you should read a little more then. It does work on beards, and once the hair grows in you can stop using minoxidil.

From the 4 ways presented here, which one would help your beard?
youtube.com/watch?v=zjMLBFFi7RQ

All 4 of them. It even says at the end that it can help you regain hair. How is it difficult to comprehend how this works for beards as well? It makes thin hairs that don't grow very fast get thicker and grow faster. When you put it on your face it stimulates the follicles that usually only grow vellus hairs and makes them start growing longer thicker hairs. Seriously just google minoxidil beard, there are plenty of people who have tried it and been successful.

It works. I literally tell all beardlets to use it.

I didn't get a full, thivk beard, but I did get somewhat of a full beard after 60 days of use.

I'd post, but Hurricane Maria fucked me hardcore and I still have no electricity.

user I forgot to ask, how long have you been growing your beard?

Hurricane maria blew your beard off?

Are you in Puerto Rico?

If you've got no power, then how are you on here?

Coming from someone who really doesn't grow fat ass beards and has not-so-great beard growth, the fucking beard oil, balms, brushes, and other stupid shit doesn't do anything else except make the beard feel slick (like some placebo to make you feel as if it's doing shit) and smell good.

I dropped the oils and just started moving some of the head & shoulders shampoo/conditioner that I use on my head onto my beard, and it has helped keep it much cleaner and itch free.

The oils, Rogaine, and even Just For Men beard dye are not going to help you grow it out any faster or fuller, and it did not help prevent beard itch.

Just like the hair on your head, your face should produce the right amount of oils needed to grow a beard out. If you notice that you're having a lot of in-grown hairs and you're producing too much oil, then go to your doctor and ask for some clindamyocin topical pads, and go buy some benzoyl peroxide face scrub. Locate a brand called PanOxyl, and then go from there to find the generic brand 4% benzoyl peroxide facial soap. Anything that's over 4% is just a placebo. This might not sound at all related to your beard growth, but keeping your face appropriately clean is paramount towards growing any type of beard. This stuff is all that you need to use on your face as a guy. This info came from my dermatologist btw, so I'm not pulling it out of my ass.

Get you a bar of soap (look for a brand called Ivory--it's cheap and effective), some disposable razors, and some barbasol (if you get too much tug), and shave that shit you call a beard off every day.

Save this message, and think back to it next time someone tries to make you buy ten different fucking things of Cetaphil. It'll save you a shit ton of money. On the whole Rogain thing, it's temporary, costs a mint to keep up, and can have some shitty side effects.

Love what your face can support now, and hope that the patches will grow in later in life.

>On the whole Rogain thing, it's temporary, costs a mint to keep up
Minoxidil costs like $30 for a 6 month supply and once the beard grows in fully it's permanent. The reason you have to keep using it on your head is because you are fighting back baldness, which doesn't apply to your face.