Present for brother, looking at watches

My brother is 42 years old, owns and runs two companies. He has never worn a watch but last time we were over there he stated he was only one out of 6 of us that didn't wear a watch.
For his birthday I got him a g-shock with a lap timer etc. We honestly couldn't figure out how to use it, so I returned it and the more I thought about it, I want something that goes with his style. He is kind of yuppie and I think digital doesn't look right on him. I'm thinking a stainless quartz chronograph as he likes to time his kids swimming and does coaching for baseball and soccer.
Probably looking for something under $150
Name me some brands that are in this niche

Other urls found in this thread:

shop2.tisellkr.cafe24.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Seiko, Citizen, Orient, Skagen
In that order.

Thanks user, was just looking at the orient mako II. Nice watch, he doesn't need a true dive watch but something that style will do

If you want a quartz chronograph under 150usd you should be looking at citizen.

Whaaat the fuck.

>My brother is 42 years old, owns and runs two companies.
>Probably looking for something under $150

Right away, I can tell you that everything here is wrong. Your brother is apparently a successful adult, and should be dressing appropriately. If he is going to wear a watch at all, it should be a carefully chosen mechanical from a status brand. I would literally start the budget for a low-end acceptable piece at $2,500.

> I'm thinking a stainless quartz chronograph

If you absolutely have to, I quite like the Casio Edifice series. Very nice construction for the money.

DO YOU NOT THINK THAT AT THE AGE OF FORTYTWO YEARS, IF HE HAD EVER WANTED, OR NEEDED, A WATCH, HE WOULD ALREADY WEAR ONE?

WHY DO MOST PERSONS INSIST ON GIFTING OTHERS THINGS THAT THEY DO NOT WANT, NOR NEED? PROBABLY BECAUSE IT IS THE EASIEST WAY TO GIFT SOMETHING WITH NO NEED OF ACTUALLY KNOWING THE PERSON TO WHOM YOU ARE GIFTING THE THING.

Shut the fuck up capslock man, literally no one likes you

I like him.
Dude has an excellent point.

He's like a mascot of tryhard cringe Veeky Forumsggotry. He's our Scrappy-Doo. You don't have to like him but you'd best get used to him

>He's like a mascot of tryhard cringe Veeky Forumsggotry. He's our Scrappy-Doo.

Not really.

Search ebay for "modded seiko"

I do like the Citizens
user you need to ask questions before stating I'm wrong. WE'RE JEWISH!!!! we don't overspend on stuff that isn't a house.
you sir are annoying as fuck.

>user you need to ask questions before stating I'm wrong. WE'RE JEWISH!!!! we don't overspend on stuff that isn't a house.

A real watch is an investment which will gain value over time, not a throwaway item.

A $150 is worthless the moment you take it out of the box.
A $1,500 watch might hold it's value for a few years.
A $150,000 watch will gain value faster and more reliably than anything in your portfolio.

>A $150 is worthless the moment you take it out of the box.
Ok
>A $1,500 watch might hold it's value for a few years.
This will be worth $200 in 2 years guaranteed
>A $150,000 watch will gain value faster and more reliably than anything in your portfolio.
Wow I hope you didn't pour your 401K into watches. This is easily how to turn 150k into 15k real quick

>A real watch is an investment
lol

Both wrong.

This is why white people get robbed.

I would recommend Tisell for your budget, South Korean brand, most of their watches are well reviewed on youtube.
shop2.tisellkr.cafe24.com/

This
If he is a yuppie the reason he doesn't wear a watch is because the only suitable option is Swiss made and thousands of dollars.
With the exception of the Apple Watch, if he's into tech.

Cont.

And if you really want to get him a mall tier watch don't even think about any less than a Citizen with sapphire Crystal or a Hamilton.

White people get robbed because blacks and mestizos are thieves

If you want to get something mid-range have a look at the Christopher Ward divers I have one of the older ones and love it

They do both quartz and mechanical and 38/42mm size