surrendertochance.com/
perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances

Other urls found in this thread:

fragrantica.com/p/13016
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Any opinions on Dior Homme Intense by Christian Dior?
It seems to have the highest rating among the most popular fragrances on Fragrantica.

> fragrantica.com/p/13016

Have been trying to get into fragrances lately and started with what I had around/some fairly blind buys (technically not blind since I actually tested them in the store but desu after more than a 4 minutes in a perfume section my nostrils get clogged with a general sweetness that skews all scents and I can barely make out what I'm smelling)

Here are the ones that I've liked -
YSL L'homme
Chanel Platinum Egoiste
Terre d'Hermes
Guerlain L'homme Ideal EDP
V&R Spicebomb

Out of these I liked the Hermes and YSL most.

I'd love some reccs, even just general directions as for stuff I might like - I'm pretty open to anything woody, fresh, citrusy, sweet, spicy and masculine

It's an iris bomb like the original and its flankers.

If you're the kind of guy who can pull that off, then pull the trigger.

Otherwise, sample it if you're still curious.

Thoughts on acqua di parma colonia club ?
Thanks

Looking for a dark, mysterious and unusual fragrance and after a bit of research I narrowed everything down to these:

> Encre Noire Lalique
> Slumberhouse Norne
> Memoir Man Amouage (if anyone has tried this please leave your opinion)
> Black Afghano Nasomatto
> Midnight in Paris Van Cleef & Arpels
> Dior Homme Intense Christian Dior
> Salvador Dali Pour Homme Salvador Dali

What are your thoughts and which do you think it's the best?

I love Norne. It may be more comfy than mysterious. Think winter, fires burning to keep you warm, grey wool sweaters, perhaps even a viking longhouse.

Black Afghano I haven't tried, but I would worry about smelling too "dark" with that one. I cannot see why one would want to smell like that. Though I suppose that more than a few of these will be challenging.

Yeah, I guess you're right about Afghano, it's probably the same about Salvador Dali. I don't know about Norne, I think Encre Noire can replace it since it also has that pine element.

Encre Noir might have pine element, but if the vetiver comes through there is no chance it compares. Norne is all pine and smoke/incense/tar.

That said, I would sample all of these. Absolutely do not blind buy, these aren't inexpensive things.

Any way I can get samples online? Most of these aren't even available in stores near me.

Check the OP. I think luckyscent has a few of these.

Lalique Encre Noire is certainly dark and mysterious. But it is more of inhumane stark sternness, almost repulsing, than a suave gentleman with a Italian black coat and a gun.

I didn't like Midnight In Paris. In fact I didn't recognize it being dark.

I, too, think you need to buy samples.

They are generally very niche by being unusual, while even old man fragrances and female fragrances you wouldn't think about wearing are typical.

And there are possibilities, even if you like one you could hate six others.

user here again. I'm pleasantly surprised. I gave it a spray last night on the wrist and it's not similar to what I smelt out of the atomizer. I was wowed when I got a whiff of it actually, it feels like it all came together in a weird mix. It's mysterious, but still not as dark as other people say. The vetiver was not as present on my wrist (which I liked) and there was strong smokey deep wood in there. It was almost flowery on the dry-down. Extremely interesting and requires more testing.

I was intimidated by L'Extreme, but I think I should be more intimidated by the original. It seems like L'Extreme is toned down a bit. I've found I don't like bergamot as a top note with wood, it give it too much freshness. But I do like incense.

I've only tried Encre Noire (obviously) & Norne from that list. Norne is an absolute favourite but Encre Noire is more mysterious to me.

Does Encre Noire (non-extreme) smell like incense? I like incense but it doesn't have or it's not listed in the notes.

Call me a pleb but pic related is 1 of my favorite fragrances of all time. It smells very festive (particularly the holidays) but it also reminds me of Red Bull which is my favorite drink. I wear this whenever i go to raves

It does not.

And yet Truth by CK is probably my favorite hands down, second a swiss army cologne called Altitude. 3rd Ginseng

Just FYI: Gallagher's frags are on sale now, somif you wanted to grab a bottle of Amongst Waves or whatever, how'd be a good time.

Inb4 shill

black aoud

Thanks m8

Anyone know of any other Black Friday sales? Looking to cop Wonderwood on the cheap somewhere.

When I first smelled it I hated it. It felt super harsh. Now it's one of my favourites.

maybe try some creeds they make mostly fresh stuff so sort of like the ysl and hermes.

Any recommendations for a comfy,calming, inviting scent. Not looking for something sensual or intimidating but more friendly

YSL L'homme

How is longevity compared to the regular Dior Homme? The last time I tried Dior Homme, longevity was kind of shit

I just received Black Line, how do you like it compared to Black Aoud? Since they smell very similar to me.

It's like Black Line is a sweeter version of Black Aoud

I'm still very disappointed in THAT Guy and Bergamust, Daniel.

Best thing CK fragrances makes right now since their old 90s classics are now nearly unrecognizable from reformulation. Yeah that includes Truth, which isn't bad, just too mild and subdued for my taste. Thanks for reminding me that I need to rehome my bottle.

Honestly I just put on this shit I made myself out of some kind of spruce, some spices, and grape seed oil and it smells so good. I threw on some rose on top of it and might add vanilla (the baking extract) if I wanna ditch the scent's subtlety. (I don't bother with high tones because they're gone in 20 minutes anyway)

Am I hallucinating? Will the smell fade almost instantly? Am I a faggot and the only person this shit smells nice to or something? There's no way in hell making decent fragrance is this easy.

I mean I realize this cheap-o bullshit is some kabucha-grower level frugal asshat bs and the whole idea of "cheap perfume" kinda undermines the pretentious cling to upperclass sensibilities as a status symbol and the whole "I bought it to feel nice" mentality that is so center to the practice of scents that we all love and that grape seed oil diy cant be a real fragrance purely because it's not expensive or a name brand

but as far as wearing it to moderately important public events and for layering the oil under other scents without feeling or smelling like a rancid naked emperor shitmonger, this spruce stuff isn't a huge mistake, is it?

What is the closest fragrance to Creed Aventus?

Creed Aventus.

Recently bought Dior Fahrenheit and really liking it. I want to know what's the consensus is on Veeky Forums. Based on online reviews there seems a good divide between love and hate.

I'm already wanting to buy a second fragrance. Thinking of CDG Wonderwood and I've TF Tobacco Oud sample on it's way.

I just cant decide y'all. I want a signature frag, I've tried so many and not one has been just right. I know I want something very woody, but nothing is quite doing it for me. I have tried Tam Dao, Hinoki, Kyoto, Rocky Mountain Wood, and Wonderwood. I thought I might have found it with wonderwood, but I like the way it smells on my wrist a lot more than it does on my neck. I have never smelled pepper so strong. Rocky Mountain wood really great and woody... it is just a little too linear and boring, I really would like something between it and Wonderwood.
I need to give tam dao another try, but I think it was a little too sweet for me, i prefer pine and cedar over sandalwood. I need more suggestions y'all.

I been hearing Al Haramain L'Aventure lately.

fahrenheit is a masterpiece. It is very avant-garde and need to wear it with confidence.

I wanted to like it. I don't. Violets aren't my thing.

Look up how to properly make fragrances. You've basically made some kind of a cheap fragrance oil.

Also, baking extract vanilla doesn't smell as nice as other vanillas. And I have no idea how spruce, spices (which?), vanilla and rose are supposed to all mix, but I mean... if it works for you, I guess? Still weird. Not going to say you shouldn't do it but just as long as you're aware that it's eccentric.

>It is very avant-garde and need to wear it with confidence.
That's what I've been doing user. Two sprays on chest everyday ever since I bought it though I think I need to tone it down to one spray. Not sure how good the projection is since no one ever commented on it.

I really like everything about it, especially the really sweet musky smell when it dries down.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Dior Fahrenheit. The scent is very Avant-garde and without a solid grasp of theoretic perfumery, most of the notes will go over a typical wearer's head.

Pineapple Vintage Intense is easily the closest. My only complaint with it is somewhat reduced longevity, but it still goes six to eight hours for me and it's getting better as my bottle ages. Otherwise it's a nearly perfect clone, better than the original in some ways (the pineapple note is actually more pronounced than in Aventus, and it's more realistic as well). You could easily fool veteran Aventus users with PVI in a double blind test, while other clones / Aventus-likes all have telltale differences which identify them as not-quite-Creed.

t. own PV, PV Noir, PV Intense, Rasasi Zebra, Armaf CDNMI, Insurrection II Pure, Mancera Cedrat Boise, The Scent of Peace fH, and bondno9.com.

What are some scents that smell dark?
I really like Black Aoud as an example.

How is zebra? And how is it compared to cdni thats the only clone I know.

So guys, why fragrances have this seasonal thing? I live in a tropical weather and most fragrances that I like are for winter. Would it be bad if I wear them anyways? What if I spend most of my time a day in a really cold office?

I kinda just disregard the seasonal thing if I really like a scent especially if I'm just gonna be indoors.

The only time I wouldn't do this is it's gonna be extraordinarily warm somewhere and I'm gonna be sweating my balls off

>I've found I don't like bergamot as a top note with wood, it give it too much freshness.
I don't get any bergamot in it (and checking fragrantica reviews almost no one does), however there is a certain degree of freshness in the drydown as patchouli comes into play. Extreme tones down the raw sharp green minimalism of the original and goes richer, more complex and dramatic.

>wear expensive, nuanced, interesting frags
>nobody notices
>wear cheap "clean smelling" frags compliments form everyone

I find it depends. Here, yes, most girls are plebs. In Europe, women seem to know their frags much better and tend to appreciate niche fragrances more.

Just my experience, anyway.

I like l homme Prada. Makes you smell fresh and nice without smelling like soap. YSL Nuit reminds me of Prada, but its a bit more sensual. Both are nice

How is it compared to GIT?
I love GIT, but I wouldn't mind trying a cheaper alternative before spending that much money on a single fragrance.

any fellow britbongs got any experience with this website?
sceptically low prices

its not close enough to GIT to be convincing.

they're similar.

I hate tres nuit would not wear it
but GIT it wearable.

both sort of smell like fabric softener, tres nuit especially.

If anyone in melbourne wants a bottle of tres nuit let me now

Is the airport a good place for buying fragrances?
Trying to get a whiff of Yves saint lareunt la nuit de'homme, Gucci pour homme II, Bleu de Chanel.

Depends on the airport. In the U.S., probably not. In Dubai or some places in Europe, probably I know Schipol airport in Amsterdam has Amouage and some other niche stuff.

Norne

R8 my fragrances /frag/

>inb4 designer pleb

Also that Roma Uomo was a gift and i never really wear it but the bottle looks sick so I keep it

Well, what do you want to smell like?

Probably not a good idea making a niche your signature if you can't afford it. (Maybe you can, I don't know.)

you can find those literally anywhere

I want to smell like wood, but also fresh/clean.
I'm not worried about cost, especially because I'm a conservative sprayer.
Its weird. The opening of wonderwood has the woodiness I'm looking for. The dry down has the clean scent I'm looking for, almost sauvage-like, which I enjoy. But those peppery middle notes kind of turned me off. Maybe it is what I'm looking for after all. I'm glad I can try it a few times with this sample, it wouldn't be the first time I changed my mind about a frag.

How does insurrection ll pure compare to real aventus?

10/10 just for the sauvage. How is fahrenheit and homme?

Thanks user will give this a try any other recommendations for a more winter oriented scent, same goal of trying to go for comfy friendly vibe

Just got some samples in from perfumed court. if anyone is wondering if they are legit, they are. Came in nice glass atomizers that were well packed.

Also picked up CK one shock today. Pretty cool bottle. I almost dont want to open it.

garbage

Damn, I do not like Monblanc Individuel. I almost blind bought it too because of all the hype. This jolly rancher note is just not doing it for me.

shoutouts to Dior Homme Cologne

seriously underrated, but it's kinda pricey. I just bought myself the largest bottle since I got it 50% off

someone help me expand this list

shit that tastes like what frags smell like

I'm not big on the sample I had, but I blind bought anyways since the general thing is "other people like it."

I mean I'm not saying I hate it. It's a lovely clean scent with good longevity, so I sorta bought it to use as a buffer when idk what the fuck I feel like wearing, but it isn't a fragrance I'd swear by if it wasn't 20ish bucks

Even if other people like it, I don't think I can pull off the raspberry in it. It just doesn't match who I am. Otherwise, I probably would buy it for the same reason you said.

today i wore sauvage because i work with plebs so i said why not but i regretted it

it just smells so fucking cheap, fuck you sauvage lovers fucking plebs

Fair enough. I feel that way about hermes, although on a return to it a few years later (found an old decant) I really liked it. I think individuel is way overhyped and I don't see why. Oh well imma spray my sheets with it at least.

man i don't get why sauvage makes people lose their shit so much. I don't get any of that cheap or synthetic shit that everybody talks about. Longevity is fucking ridiculous. I'm still debating between it and bleu EdP honestly

wonderwood - gin

Both very different

Fahrenheit is like 80s heavy metal, leather, gasoline fumes, fresh cut grass. Most people say it's a winter fragrance but it feels hollow in the winter so I prefer it for summer. Its brutally strong so you only need 2-3 sprays

Dior Homme is not similar to but in the same vein as seductive fragrances like D&G The One, YSL La Nuit, Drydown is sexy liquid cardamom suede goodness

Got any suggestions for bottles to check out? Keep in mind I only buy/like stuff that performs (or you could interpret that as I only like stuff with aromachemical overloads)

Its great. Those are my second bottles of DHC and DH, and the DHC is the longest lasting out of any of those in the pic somehow but is not the strongest.

Help me out senpai
I need a fragrance that smells like purple flowers and with which I can flex my cultural superiority on my friends.
>preferably not too masculine

Dior Homme Intense

Thinking of blind buying this one, I saw that it has eucalyptus in it and I'm a big fan of that note. Thoughts?

Too cheap and Well known desu

Combined with the benzoin and clary sage, it's not a safe blind buy.

Please fuck off with this trite bullshit.

Knowledge, open inquisitiveness and tolerance are not welcome in feminism.

Keep this shit out of fragrances. I will never, ever buy anything from this brand.

Should I blind buy CDNI, Insurrection Pure II and Très Nuit before pulling the trigger on an actual Aventus or GIT bottle?

GIT is only $160 for a 100ml bottle, no? Probably better to get a decant than Tres Nuit.

As for CDNI, that might as well be a sample considering Aventus' price tag.

>better to get a decant than Tres Nuit
I'll probably do that, thanks.

>that might as well be a sample considering Aventus' price tag
I actually have a 5ml sample of Aventus that nearly cost the same as a bottle of CDNI.

Thing is, Aventus is a frag rabbit hole in of itself with regards to autism over the variety of the scent and batch numbers (muh smokiness).

I recently learned CDNI is plagued by the same shit.

im a kinda attractive guy but shy as fuck.

im looking for something sexy without passing for an attention whore.

What do i buy for winter?

Is the D&G Pour homme made in Italy worth it? If so, where do I find it?

The modern reformulation has ok longevity on me, but I've noticed that it hasn't been as good as when I bought it maybe. It's an amazing scent and I've never smelled anything that tickles my fancy quite like it does.

What are some no-fail daily drivers that works professionally and attractive at the same time?

I like Terre Hermes because it smells earthy and elemental but its too sterile/asexual for my taste. Also the people I've met who wore Terre were all gay and one doctor.

1 M I L L I O N

try a gucci pour homme II sample

bdc. prada l'homme

is there any icy yet woody scents that would suit a British summer, that I can wear for work and casual?

20 percent off at Parfums Vintage through Sunday
Code BF

How's Fahrenheit doing for you? I got the 2017(?) bottle and I don't seem to smell it after a few hours, it went right to skin scent. Might be olfactory fatigue but I don't know, might also be because I spray it on my collarbones and my clothes are layered on it. I could only smell it again when I take a hot shower.

Also my TF Tobacco Oud sample arrived today. I'm new to fragrances and does oud in general smells like this? Tobacco Oud smells like cow shit and dead people to me. It was so repulsing I had to wash my hands several times. The projection and sillage is a beast though which is unfortunate.

I've heard a lot of stories of people not getting their orders for weeks/months, how accurate are they?

I ordered PV Intense on November 5 and it dispatched on Nov 8 via 2 day USPS priority mail. No trouble with delivery. My previous order from them for the original PV and PV Noir in 2016 was similarly trouble free. Just my personal experiences.

Is PV Intense worth a blind buy if I love Aventus?
I would order samples, but then I'd miss the black friday sale.

fuck off

D&G The One?

>Got any suggestions for bottles to check out?
lurk moar

I am very happy with the closeness of the match, and I'm on my second bottle of actual Aventus. It is rich smelling with a lush, clean opening. You get enough birch to identify the scent as Aventus, but it isn't heavily smoky. Definitely a better quality formulation than other clones.

It's hard to gauge the overall performance after only a few full days' wear from a new bottle but my early take is that it's about 75 percent of the projection with six hours of polite sillage. This could be attributed to differences in the sprayer output of each bottle, and it's based on a small sample of use. That it is slightly more mild makes PVI easier to wear than the Creed in that and perfect for daily wear. I'm ordering the Intense Noir before the weekend is over.

Alright shot in the dark here:

I'm a Normie, denim/flannel/tee/nikes. I usually wear ysl l'homme, Aqua du Gio roll on, or some banana republic that I got as a gift a year back.

I'm looking for something fairly "masculine" in the traditional sense. Musky, not really floral or spicy, and at least a little bit sensual. Something that when I hug a girl, she instantly gets a manly vibe from me. Maybe something woodsy, smokey, but deep and rich too. Probably not the best description but anyone have any suggestions?

Paco 1 million

is versace man worth blind buying if it's like $30

Is this a new meme? Am I being memed?