Runway Inspo

comfy runway thread

post pictures from runway shows that inspire you in any way or form

include season info if you have it :)

Other urls found in this thread:

vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2013-menswear/yohji-yamamoto/slideshow/collection#14
warosu.org/fa/thread/S12462348
thecuttingclass.com/
fashionanthology.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=iDMueJEKtb0
youtube.com/watch?v=77AXJwh8xHw
youtube.com/watch?v=gEaWW8PKEtA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

spring 2013 yyph

fw16 yyph

spring 2014 yyph

spring 2012 yyph

bump

How do I into runways and high fashion? I seriously want to understand it

just admire like the rest of us. we'er aware that you can't actually wear that shit in public because not only the cost but the social stigma. the models themselves wear either normie tier shit or t shirt and trousers strictly.

just like the things you like
it's not that complicated

>menswear

and aren't wrong, the easiest way to get into high fashion is to look at it and to form your own opinion. everybody has their own way of getting into and understanding things and telling you how to do it would be nonsensical

wanting to understand it is the first and most important step in my opinion. it shows that you're willing to learn rather than dismissing it as absurd or unwearable and going into this with an open mind is going to be important.

honestly just start by looking at pictures (vogue is great for this) or ideally videos of different shows. perhaps pick out a few designers you really like and learn more about their history and motivations as that may help you understand the looks and themes of the show better - some shows are supposed to have deeper meanings to them, ss97 cdg womens comes to mind.

similarly to how learning an instrument/making music yourself can change the way you view music i believe that learning about materials, sewing and different techniques used to make clothes will make you appreciate runway looks more

You can post womenswear too, if you like

wow

I miss Helmut Lang so much.

another

Yohji Yamamoto RTW Spring 13

they dragged buddy from Chemo Ward 12 to walk the run way real quick lmfao

Nah everyone has some bruises.

vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2013-menswear/yohji-yamamoto/slideshow/collection#14

Cool taste guys

Is that a spaghetti necktie? I love yohji

i never actually noticed how the spaghetti goes through a loop on the collar

yohji really put thought into how not to spill your neck spaghet

Should there be a guide/pasta/introductory text to this question?
warosu.org/fa/thread/S12462348

Why so few posts?

because i get sad looking at runway photos. outfits i can never wear, outfits i can likely never look good in, outfits i will never see in person, outfits i can never afford

how did people feel about shayne oliver's revival?

I used to go into shops on Rodeo and Robertson just to look at all the shit I can't afford. Don't do it any more, because it's too depressing. Still look at runway online for inspo though.

A lack of knowledge? Lack of interest? Low income?
You have to consider that a lot of people here are teenagers.

Veeky Forums is a pretty slow board plus most the posters here aren't that interested in runway/high fashion apart from the pieces their favorite rapper wears at the moment

pic related, clout goggles before they were cool

Tim Blanks: That’s a real theme for Hussein Chalayan. He says other designers rip him off. I think he feels he just hasn’t done well, but the reason he hasn’t is not because of that. I was looking to do a perfume with him once and I think he’s just a very difficult person. Hard to work with. I love him but he can say the most inappropriate thing at the worst possible time.

Robin Schulié: People think of Hussein Chalayan as a ‘conceptual designer’ but to me that’s bullshit. Nobody ever wore his clothes. To me Chalayan is just a typical London designer who managed to make a bit of a name for himself when he was showing on his home turf. Then he met Alexandre de Betak. De Betak started using Chalayan’s shows as a way of showcasing his own talent. That’s not to say that the inspiration didn’t come from Chalayan, but what made his shows so noteworthy when he started showing in Paris was his set design. The catwalk collection and the showroom collection were completely different. That kind of separation between what you show press and what you show buyers is what’s led to the industry losing the plot in my opinion.

Look at how the painted arm perfectly matches the hand.

And I wanted to post a link to this website: thecuttingclass.com/

>posters here aren't that interested in runway/high fashion apart from the pieces their favorite rapper wears at the moment
Sad but true. Even sadder is that Cobain's clout goggles were probably $5.

That's her actual hand. It's not painted.

What are you guys thoughts on Yang Li?

Fat

so was Alexander Mcqueen

I know the hand is not painted.

Oh.

DoOoOpE.

I said the same thing in first year to my one friend who I see as an auntie of sorts and he yelled back at me "bitch one day you're going to be wearing head-to-toe designer shit I'm calling it now, nobody ever believes me even though I'm always right about this shit" and after saving some money and finding some pieces I liked for really good deals over the years I've now got a totally revamped wardrobe with some archival runway stuff thrown in. You can do it too user!

low creative interest beyond themselves (most of the people in this board) due to low intelligence and lots of people coming here to improve themselves and making the board trash

over a decade later and im still obsessed with this show

I love his work.

Don't designers sell their crazy showpieces like art? Aren't there people collecting clothes like paintings?

Why is he carrying a spare belt? Is that a thing people do now?

He isn't very good at hiding what he steals

Look closely. There's no spare belt.

Finally some good shit up in this bih
This board is full of teenagers discussing shitty overpriced hypebeast garbage and faggots and reddit-tier autists thinking business casual is high fashion.
Thank god there‘s still people left that actually have interest in fashion.

SS11 MM
>not runway, I know

checked and I like this

Lemaire FW15

early 00's raf i think but i'm not sure

I agree, I wish there was more high fashion oriented discussion on here - I don't think there are enough interested parties on here to warrant a high fashion general or something though

I honestly don't know. Of course, there's the small elite who has the money. Companies also have 'dead stock' when it comes to fabrics.
I was ready to destructive scan issue four "On Power", especially the interview with Irene Silvagni, and Issue 8 of System Magazine, especially the interview with Robin Givhan, but my hairdryer doesn't melt the glue? Perhaps I need to concentrate the heat more.

I think usually it's museums that buy important archive pieces. But usually clothing depreciates in value unlike art, so maybe people who can afford to collect such things probably don't see it as a wise investment. There are some ppl like the late Isabella Blow and Daphne Guinness who were close friends and patrons of designers like McQueen and Chanel couture. You might wanna check out Kyoichi Tsuzuki's book "Happy Victims" as well as the documentary "The secret world of haute couture"

Who are some other designers I might like if I like this work?

I love the futuristic look of his designs.

Also: is there a good runway archive of old shows anywhere? Like from 1999 and earlier? Surely at every show there were enough photographers and there must be someone interested in preserving fashion history?

What do you like about it? Just because it is futuristic?

fashionanthology.com/

I just noticed that the subscription prices are exorbitant though, someone should buy a 1 day pass and just download all the pics to share

Well to me they look futuristic. I just like futuristic aesthetics in general not only in fashion but also in movies and architecture and technology. I don't know how to clearly define it.

Iris van Herpen? Gareth Pugh?
What kind of future do you imagine?

these sweaters has been a grail of mine for so long. this colorway is the goat tho, also the only one i haven't seen on grailed.

this marbled paper print in pic related is also nice.

anyone have pictures of 80s CDG and yohji runways? i love that shit.

not exactly 80's but ss99 is an essential watch for anyone into yohji, just a fantastic show

youtube.com/watch?v=iDMueJEKtb0

youtube.com/watch?v=77AXJwh8xHw

youtube.com/watch?v=gEaWW8PKEtA

Stop posting only European and asian brands you fucking faggots,where are Anglo and American brands for inspo?

you seem angry

contribute yourself if you think the thread is lacking, although i do think the best designers are either european or asian 99% of the time

RICK
I
C
K

That is one ugly sunuvabich