Down with our inditex overlords

who here over fast fashion? Don't want to be a moralfag and call it ethical fashion. A year ago I got tired of cheap zara-tier shit and started thrifting and saving money for higher quality clothes, the ones not made in chinese sweatshops. Has anyone else here made the transition? Has anyone else here considered making it?

Other urls found in this thread:

hm.com/us/product/39270?article=39270-A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i am
thrift only for years
mostly milsurp now

never bought anything from zara or h&m

I just bought a suit from H&M today. Every jacket and suit I've bought from them over the years has lasted me several years.

You people need to be selective about what you buy from fast fashion shops. If you buy timeless clothing made from quality fabrics, it will last you forever.

>timeless clothing made from quality fabrics
lmao. from fuckin h&m

you must be kidding

well to be hones, I find their suit styling to be utter shit
specifically
>lappels skinnier than an incels prick
>pant rise so low my cock is almost poppin out

also skinny fit meme

>Has anyone else here made the transition? Has anyone else here considered making it?
my brother is a lawyer and made a shop with ethical clothing for his midlife crisis.
it's boring. he didn't wear it and returned to conventional fashion.
take that as you will

hate to break it to you but everyone can tell the difference between a good suit and an h&m suit...

Are there any good thrift stores in athens? Where did you find the new quality?

I only wear Yohji. I mean it's expensive but a few one off payments that end up costing me less in the long run.

I wear second hand yohji. Feels good

>lmao. from fuckin h&m

Yes, their more expensive mens suits are made of good 100% wool Italian fabrics. hm.com/us/product/39270?article=39270-A

You're thinking Asos, not H&M and only fat people and sexless virgins complain about slimmer lapels

No they can't. I get compliments on my suits and jackets all the time and my suits off the rack at H&M fit me better than suits friends have had made for them and mine costs me 1/3rd or 1/4 what they paid.

Doesn't matter where the wool's from. They're fused. You only browse GQ?

nigger i can see in the product pic that it's cheap shit
you think you gamed the system right? stupid smug faggot

Thrift everything except for pants - Dickies on Amazon go for 20 bucks a pop. Lots of quality secondhand made in America stuff around where I live, mostly from the eighties. All of my denim is Levi's USA shit when they didn't have papery quality, tight fitting shit like they do now being made somewhere outside of Long Điền.

Neither fat nor virgin, just a guy with a simple understanding of proportions. The modern suit looks tired and boring compared to it's predecessors and nothing an infographic you picked off of pinterest says can change that. Also the "italian fabrics" don't mean jack if the construction is cheap glued shit.

>premium quality
my hairy ass, stop shilling shit glued together by some 5 year old in China

You've all fallen for the propaganda. There's nothing wrong with H&M suits if you don't b uy the polyester ones. It's all about fit and fabric quality.

I live in salonika my boy and I've found a couple of thrift stores with some pretty good stuff, I'm sure there are more and maybe even better ones in athens, as for the quality, online and some local shops

Kek so that is based mamalakis right ? Havent seen a pic of him for years. Also >tfw Kavala and only 2 thrifts. I basically am on a name-to-name basis with the employees there.
I have
>2 formal shirts
>1 hawaiian shirt
>1 faux leather biker jacket
>1 formal trouser
>1 suit jacket
>1 skinny jeans
from zara for 2 years now of regular use and they are fine still. A bershka belt I have though is absolutely rekt after one year of use. I may be just lucky.

yo, which ones? i only know the ippodromiou one and another one that used to be on zeuksidos but it's gone now

I think the only ones that lasted me from zara are a cable knit and a pair of green chinos but I got them last year so time will tell

ayyy egnatia 102, egnatia 36 and kosti palama 15
I frequent the egnatia 102 one, keep an eye out for the dude with the pinky ring on his left hand

Lmao if you dont want something that was made by malnourished Chinks or Nigs you have to go to a tailor
Almost EVERY Brand does this Dienst matter if the pants cost 100 or 1000
My shitty YSL Jeans got broken before a Jack and Jones Jeans I even worse more often lmao

Every suit in H&M is cut like utter shit. Not a single one is made so you can even rise your arms.

aight i'll check them out thanks boo

you got it b

>It's all about fit and fabric quality.
then why the fuck are you shopping at H&M?

But muh italian wool!!

yes, and their """organic""" cotton

>h&m
Go kys faggot

How much more ethical is thrifting anyway?
The supply chain is rather unknown to me. For example, I don't know which sorting companies are involved and I don't know what the working conditions are. Thrift (vintage?), being part of the second hand clothes trade, threatens the domestic clothing industry of Africa. Also, I've noticed that thrift stores in my county always stock the same stuff, so I wonder who decides the trends.

>faux leather
My family has extensive history with suicide and I know the pain in can cause for generations to come, so I don't say this lightly. If you wear a fake leather jacket you should kys

It's fucking easy, I only buy clothes from American sweatshops now. Hundreds of companies make shit here