Majors/Studies Thread

Is Psychology the most Veeky Forums major?

>inb4: fashion is the most Veeky Forums major

people who has taste in fashion dont major in fashion

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massimo_Vignelli
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd say real estate because it you're dealing with a lot of different styled houses. And also, so you'll have money for the most expensive clothes.

Mechatronics Major here
Really, who gives a shit.
What ever funds your hobby and allows you to wear your clothes in the work place

seconding this
architecture is the most Veeky Forums thing to be an expert on

/thread

Mathfag. Do you really need this much validation in your life, that you need strangers on Veeky Forums to tell you that you're cool? That is very un-cool of you OP

shut up algebra boy

probability boy*

Film, photography, literature of philosophy majors

philosophy

English is Veeky Forums wtf are you on about talking about psych. Psych is a meme major that the athletes get in order to stay in college with their scholarship.

lol how is this true ive never heard of an athlete doing this

its nowhere close to the easiest major

Anyone else doing medicine here?

Biochemistry major here

Are lab coats Veeky Forums?

if you think psychology is "really hard" then you are dumb as fuck

Computer science here. There's the kids who dress like trash, the turbo normies, and the international kids that wear bape to lectures

sooo, clearly the answer is architecture, not real estate.

meme trade, might as well gone off to trade school for welding or some shit user.
>hurr durr muh computer
>muh money
>muh future technology

Which the title of "Most Veeky Forums" comes most realistic, most respected, most cool, most life-richening majors, which as stated are Architecture, any sort of design (home, clothes), English, Mathematic/anything academic for extra nerdcore. The more you get into computers and shit you might as well group those studies in with air condition repairs and plumbers
>inb4 muh $99/hr as plumber
which nobody cares about

>Lab coats
Yes, Yes, Yes!

>most realistic, most respected, most cool, most life-richening majors
>Architecture

should we tell him

Psychology is fucking voodoo, seriously

what could POSSIBLY be unfulfilling and unfashionable about fucking designing monuments and drawing blueprints and getting an apron dirty and having a cluttered desk in the morning with a macbook and some coffee. don;t green text me idiot

I don't CS is Veeky Forums, but air condition repairs and plumbers? Really my dude?

Veeky Forums majors definitely deal with aesthetic and not necessarily actually being useful. That's why history and anthropology can be effay as fuck if you yourself are stylish already

Archeologist and historians also add to the fa list

Yes
medicine can be Veeky Forums

hey senpai, med student in clinical years here.

Archaeologist here, it's way more fa than history I assure you.

What about criminology?

Archaeology is fucking crazy effey AND you can combine it with the effayness of academia and be an arch professor or some shit which exceeds Veeky Forums and enters the void of perfection. imagine living a happy love filled life of teaching how to carbon date and shit. i'm truly jealous, did they put you to work in tents ands stuff with lots of bugs? that's the one draw back i can think of

academia is getting worse and worse to work in especially with today's anti-intellectual climate

almost Veeky Forums because detective line of work is fucking superbly fa. sharp well dressed crooked cops. not police officers, not criminology students, but straight up detectives are fa embodied

noticeable, hopefully it changes but i doubt it could get worse than it already has. next generations will realize that this generation thought just having a highschool degree was ok and we fucked that up so hopefully next gen is filled with school pursuit

look at this chad motherfucker

anything that makes you enough to cop a nice lifestyle

If you think that you're going to college and live the preppy life as like in the movies you're insane.
At college no ones cares about clothes, besides asians, those wear gucci at college.

>patrician tier
Classics
Architecture
Linguistics

>high tier
History
Physics
Literature
Law

>mid tier
Psychology
Medicine
Engineering
Environmental Studies
Math

>low tier
Philosophy
Biology
Political Science
Psychology

>shit tier
Sociology
Anthropology
English
Finance / Business

>literal autism tier
Chemistry
Computer Science
Journalism
Theatre
Criminology

The more theoretical the subject the better. Making mathematics the most.

t. Math Major

Interpretership/translatorship, linguistics.

>linguistic
>patrician
My classes are filled with 25% cucks, 25% old women who went back to uni for some reason, 25% basic white girls and the 25 percent left is unbearable morons, the course are meaningless and the job perspective are awful

I went to a school where I got to make my own major I did food journalism, now I work at bon appetit, is that Veeky Forums?

Psychology is one of the most common majors, so it's definitely not Veeky Forums.

>working in journalism
Have fun not having a job in five years.

Archeology is effay as fuck I imagine.
Here in Central Europe psychology, philosophy, arts (especially visual arts) are meme as fuck tier. Those thriftcore, pseudo-deep psychology students in their 100th semester are the laughing stock of any uni. But some are pretty cool and fa.
Linguistics and history are also fa imo.

>Patrician Tier: Linguistics
>Low Tier: Philosophy

t. pseud who doesn't realize linguistics is just a specialization of philosophy of language

I'm a computer scientist

What? How?
Who told you that?

>PSCHOLOGY

There is a LOT of memestery and SJW faggotry going on in psychology.

Its very important to separete the good (psychometrics, methodology, IQ, personality testing, philosophy of science etc.) from the bad (psychoanal pseudos, meme touchy feely SJW homo bullcrap youll get spoonfed even in Central Europe).

That being said, the most fa major is philosophy and literature - what else? I wouldnt advise any of them if you want to be financially independent, but you are a turd if you arent learned in basic soc sci stuff.

t. majored in psychology

when did I say this? You are putting words in my mouth to make yours look like they make sense

faggot

when did I say that you said that? You are putting words in my mouth to make yours look like they make sense

faggot

So which demographic do you fit in with?

unbearable morons, obviously

The only thing that makes certain fields more Veeky Forums is the number of people in it who are Veeky Forums on their own. You, as a person, will only become more Veeky Forums thanks to you university major if you already are fashionable.

Design majors.
Think: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massimo_Vignelli

The man who can make the subway map Veeky Forums as fuck is the only person you need to emulate.

>implying phil majors do anything other than analytic word-math anymore

I produce video content and may be moving to TV producing things like cooking shows, but yeah journalism is fucked

What major will get you money the quickest? Like 1-2 years into it waaaaaaaaay before Bachlors

> this triggered
Being in the industry i can tell you, it's not as great as you're making it out to be. There is a lot pressure put on you since if you mess up a even a tiny bit you'll struggle to find work for the rest of you career. Plus coming straight from a degree you have to suck so much corporate cock that you wont even recognise yourself in the mirror, just to be included in a team of other people who will fight you on every little thing.

Welding, NDT, Oil field, Solar field, anything labor. You actually do need to learn a lot of shit to get qualified. You work with your hands, outside. And you CAN make great money. Eventually you cruise control into an office job and die.

grimes?

tell me that thumbnail is not my goblin waifu

oh it actually was I'm high

No a major that gives you solid job opportunities is fa

>t. welder

>people who has taste in fashion dont major in fashion

really?

I'm convinced that you're just some jealous faggot whose mommy and daddy let him go to art school and is now $250.000 in debt working at mcdonald's and shitposting bitterly on Veeky Forums

>t. tradesman

do you think there's salvation for me after being in college for 2 and a half years, and can't even pass calc? If I say fuck college, and go for a trade ? I'm good at repairing appliances and gives money too

paramedicine yes, 3 more years of paramedic uni to go

>ctrl f
>no geology

IT certs, start making 100k in 4 months, quite unbelievable actually heheh

>>literal autism tier
>Criminology
>almost Veeky Forums because detective line of work is fucking superbly fa. sharp well dressed crooked cops. not police officers, not criminology students, but straight up detectives are fa embodied

cops always had superb noir fa taste

what certs

What would you even do if you did major in fashion? Just draw concepts all day?

Essential Pseudo-intellectual University Rankings

Veeky Forums -> product -> criticism -> theory -> aesthetics -> philosophy

Im glad Im at least mid tier
>Environmental Studies

anyone else the same? What are you looking for in terms of a job?

landscape architecture. i'm gonna call it a halfway between architecture and environmental sciences and say i'm high tier.

>t. dance major

>finance/business
>shit tier

can vouch for this. you learn a ton of valuable information that will immediately impact your life but the most Veeky Forums people in finance are swiss/cayman islands/wall street types. which isn't saying much.

general job placement programs, they teach you for a short time and help you land a job with their connects. Just asked my bro, he said it's not a cert

tfw when Computer Science major.

oh well, I'll be wiping my tears with the 9k/month I'll be making while interning at facebook this summer

international relations

thats not how college works nigga lmao

>hurr durr you secretly like the dick

there you go, psychology in a nutshell

Philo/German double major here.

gr8 b8 m8

if you're picking a major because you think it's "fa" you are doing life wrong

I double majored in Psych and Bio and I can for certain tell you that at the very least, people in those majors dress like absolute shit. Most of my electives where are classes and to be honest none of them dressed that well either. Part of the reason I'm planning on getting my Masters in Fashion Design was because I was so disgusted by people showing up to class in pajamas that I want to at least try to change it.

>tfw pharmacology

Not living life based on aesthetic values is doing life wrong.

literature and linguistics here, im fa without even trying

>t. computer nerd

art and art history here lol fa

music is Veeky Forums as fuck

are your parents rich? What are your post-grad plans? Just curious

parents make about 200k in total. post grad plans are move to chicago and hang out with friends there while working whatever job for a bit. no long term plans

also used to be an economics major cuck. but changed it when i realized that my life was complete shit