Do you like desert boots or are they a meme?

Do you like desert boots or are they a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

allenedmonds.com/outlet/clearance/shoes/cascade-casual-boot/SF6136.html
youtu.be/US0vk8O0Ohc
youtu.be/BydX-HQKOjE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>implying that I don't like meme
>implying I care what the pimple poppers on this board think

Used to wear them. Now I regret it.

Good if you have an office job, bad if you are in high school and college

see

don't wear them like that and they're fine

don't wear them on yr feet with plain black pants?

I think the Common Projects ones are okay but largely they are dadcore and a bit normie tier.

It's not like they're too formal for college (unless everyone else is wearing pajamas, I guess).

I believe he was talking about the cuff.

Normie clothing is way more in line with what Veeky Forums likes, honestly.

Maybe nu-Veeky Forums is normie tier. But I'm going to keep backing the avant garde. Normie fashion is death at this point to me.

surely even you can see that those pants aren't cuffed.

Wat? Clarks Beeswax DBs were everywhere on campuses during spring-summer-fall when raw denim was a thing. It's some of the most inoffensive footwear a dude can wear, it's like a generic casual footwear upgrade from Chucks

Everything is a meme just do you.

I used to have an old pair of brown desert boots, but my parent's new puppy decided they were shit and ate them, so I'm looking for another casual brown boot/derby/oxford. Something I could wear doing errands as well as for formal dinners/office settings.
Is this boot a shit alternative and if so rec me some pairs $150 or under.
If it means anything I'm 6'1, bearded and wear mostly earthtone outdoor/workwear stuff. I work as a Forest Service field ranger, but these boots wouldn't be for work obviously, so they don't have to be hardcore durable.

Thanks lads

both

what? that's completely backwards. you don't wear desert boots to a office job unless it is ultra casual. desert boots are severely casual, they are on par with worker boots. the crepe sole itself is morbidly casual

what do I think of them? I think if u can rock them then do it, a dark kahki dboot is nice. the ultra light taupe tan Color is not desirable yet this is the Color that is pushed most, probably because it looks like sand in a desert

Allen Edmonds Cascade is a pretty good hybrid of casual/rugged because of the Vibram lug sole. I've had a pair that I wear out every fall/winter for the past 5 years and they are tough as fuck as long as you do your yearly maintenance on the uppers.

Got mine for less than 100 on ebay when I searched for New With Defects, but they're not too pricey in general because moc toe is not a very popular style. I've seen them in black and light brown suede too

Old Veeky Forums was never terribly avant garde; Veeky Forums has always been pretty normie.

>even
I don't know what you're insinuating, but I did think those pants were cuffed initially. Either way, the short pants don't work with the chukkas.

Raw denim ain't a thing on college campuses anymore. Neither are desert boots of any variety. The only things guys wear on campus now are joggers, sweats, and (typically) vans.

The prevailing sense among early twenty-somethings is that desert boots are too dressy for almost all situations. This has been true since the desert boot heyday of 2008.

I wear desert boots basically every day to my office job

I don't mind a good quality pair of chukkas like pic related but I'm not a fan of Clarks desert boots because the leather always looks cheap and dingy.

Plenty of "office jobs" are casual enough that you can wear fucking running shoes every day. To be fair I'm an engineer and a Californian so my opinion is probably skewed as far as it possibly could be, but desert boots are honestly fine for plenty of offices. Certainly better than the slip on dress shoe/sneaker hybrid crap that passes for business casual in the US.

That said, desert boots are ugly and should be replaced by casual derbies or derby boots in 99% of fits. But I also have incredibly autistic prejudices against certain specific styles, and that's just like, my opinion, man.

>Raw denim ain't a thing on college campuses anymore
So what? Are you trying to say everyone should only wear whatever's a fad right now? Not everyone wants to dress up like gym poseurs. Both denim (not necessarily raw) and DBs are pretty safe choices even now.

>I'm an engineer
>and a Californian
>desert boots are ugly
ugly? I wouldn't call them ugly, but they are not meant to be "formal"....the entire foundation of the "desert" boot, is it's basically a Chukka boot except made of Suede upper and a Crepe sole, they were made for soldiers to wear in the desert without getting sand in their feet. Desert boots are intrinsically informal and shouldn't be made to be anything other than that.

>and should be replaced by casual derbies or derby boots in 99% of fits.
this statement is just absolute nonsense. All desert boots are inherently Chukka boots, all Chukka Boots are inherently "Derby" boots.
>But I also have incredibly autistic prejudices against certain specific styles, and that's just like, my opinion, man.
thanks for stating what is painfully obvious, now I don't have to for you, the fact you are this self-aware could either be a good sign, or just more symptomatic of your severe autism

you also cant tell if these are leather soles or not, they look leather to me, and thus they are not even "Desert" boots, but Chukka boots. Suede Chukka Boots.

Why don't people recommend chelsea boots more? They are better and easier to wear than the dadcore mfa gentleman shoes

I think the leather is fine in Clarks DBs, and one of the best you can do in under $80 price point.

But I was one of the minority who had severe foot pain while wearing Clarks DBs. I suspect they have no shanks or something.

not everyone can pull chelsea boots off. the fact is, most men are fashion ignoramuses, and actually, getting Clarks Desert Boots is probably a net positive in their style. To the plebe man, Desert boots are the equivalent of like high fashion style. But they could have Chukka boots in their mind, and not even desert boots, most guys just see a "boot" that looks kind of stylish that doesnt have Timberland on it, or is a construction boot. Most men grow out of wanting Timberlane yellow constuction boots by about age 14. Which is why I think there has to be severly underage posters here constantly asking how to get Timberland boots and whether buying fake ones is "worth it". No grownman wears Timberlanes for style, and only Construction workers wear them or that style because thats their job.

Chelsea boots are for men unsure what gender they want to be.

Desert boots are numale as fuck.
Best paired with cuffed blue denim, some shitty cremé-colored turtleneck knit and a down jacket by patagonia or some shit. Perfect cuck look.
If you wear them with basic black chinos etc. for work it’s fine. Very inoffensive, but also very bland.
This or for models. There’s no in between for chelseas. Either you can pull them off by wearing full SLP and looking like a model or you’ll just look like a gay as fuck autist who thinks he is.

>This or for models. There’s no in between for chelseas. Either you can pull them off by wearing full SLP and looking like a model or you’ll just look like a gay as fuck autist who thinks he is.
I think it's more sophisticated than that. Certain people just look better with certain styles. Chelsea boots are very slender and intelligent looking, they look agile yet refined. In some ways they should match your face and overall sillhouette. If you have sharp slender face features and you have a slender body, the Chelsea will fit right into it. If you have more of a muscular powerful square face and body, then a more square boot, will just look better. It's also the way you carry yourself, if you just walk around with shoulders slumped and with duck feet, then Chelsea boots will look wrong.

>I think it's more sophisticated than that.
No. That’s what it is. You either can pull them off with a specific fit or you can’t.
Chelsea boots are not for „people with slender faces“. They are for chiseled, slim SLP-aesthetic dudes only. Of course you can wear them with more than SLP, but there’s not much room left here my guy. Chelseas aren’t versatile.
It doesn’t matter if you have a „slender body“, if you wear them with numale clothes and without a specific fit you will look ridiculously gay, even if you think you don’t. And if you’re t h i c c and still wear chelseas, then you can’t be helped.

so how does kanye pull them off while being a stocky manlet?

Some people here claim that normal derbys are the same, and REAL men wear sneakers like new balance or something. So i wouldn't take anyone seriously here when it comes to this kind of stuff.

wrong.

oh thanks for the reccomendation, I rally like those boots. None on ebay as of right now, but i'll keep looking.

Is that an old model? allenedmonds.com/outlet/clearance/shoes/cascade-casual-boot/SF6136.html is what they currently have on their site.

Yeah it's from an older season, but it's the exact one I have (not my pic though). I hate how the shoes are photographed on the AE site, it's like all the shoes are stuffed to the gills with crumpled paper when they look different even when worn

i got made fun of by niggers wearing jordans and joggers for wearing desert boots and black chinos in high school. This user is right

any other boot would work better here

Dumb.

Lmao. Fucking kids

Because he’s fucking Kanye.
Kanye isn’t some fashion god. He just has a good sense of fashion, money and knows how to pull shit off. All great traits, but only MLG-tier autists bring him up as the absolute reference point in high fashion every time.
For what? Not seeing the deeper perspective of chelsea boots and judging fits on their whole appearance instead of trying your hardest to include a certain item in in?
Fuck off.

most of them are, but its just cause most men saw chelsea boots for the first time when they saw fag celebs wear the saint laurent ones with straps and suede
some chelsea boots can be dignified if you are willing to stop wearing skinny jeans for longer than ten seconds

>He just has a good sense of fashion

So he has a good sense of fashion and chooses to wear chelsea boots while being a stocky manlet. Nice job destroying your own argument.

I switch between my DBs and my chelseas and the only negative comments are from inbred hicks, and their opinions have never mattered to anyone but chewing tobacco and lite bitchbeer manufacturers, so....

This, SLP Chelseas are feminine with 40mm heels and hyper slim profile, but Common Projects style chelseas lean towards streetwear while Allen Edmonds and Carmina make ones that would be out of place outside traditional menswear.

Chukka boots in this sense are less versatile: They can only go up or down in formality but hard to get wrong, while Chelseas can be more complicated (thus easier to mess up) as they can go with streetwear, trad or SLP

>good sense of fashion equals being always right
Are you dense?

In response to someone saying Kanye pulls off chelsea boots you said "because he's fucking Kanye" which signifies that you agree with the statement. That would imply that his good sense of fashion was right in that case to wear those chelsea boots because he is pulling them off, contradicting your argument. Context my dude, context.

Kanye is disgusting af, but people in the US swallow all the shit the are fed by the rich and famous gladly.

>people in the US
>swallow all the shit the are fed by the rich and famous gladly
Euro fashion is some of the worst in the world.

These are yuropoors trying at their best.
youtu.be/US0vk8O0Ohc

So you don't think he pulls them off personally?

reddit boots

These are stupid pre pubescent kids. They are stupid everywhere aruond the world.

But here you dont see so many grown men acritically swallowing marketing guy's shit via celebrity product placement as in the US; not even close.

He just looks like in a pleb tier casual wear brand catalog.

Not mutually exclusive options.

Lol Nice cope. Here some with Yuro adults

youtu.be/BydX-HQKOjE

You can get examples of whatever in any cpuntry obviously; thats not statistically relevant and you know it.

The level of marketing brainwashing done using the way people copy the celebrities no matter what shit they are wearing is HUGE in the US. Exists everywhere, but not like in the US.

I know western yurop, and i know the US. I have been to the US a lot of times and usually travel between Spain, France and the UK, even yuropean overseas territories; so i think i know what i have seen.

Not that that dude, but way to lose an argument from your subjective post and then hublebrag about countries smaller than 1 state in the US.

Lmao, Kanye was at the forefront of Chelseas in streetwear. Now it's Instagram fuccboi-core but Kanye was wearing tan suede chelseas with skinny jeans in like 2013. Kanye is and always has been ahead of the curve in street fashion

>No. That’s what it is. You either can pull them off with a specific fit or you can’t.
>Chelsea boots are not for „people with slender faces“. They are for chiseled, slim SLP-aesthetic dudes only. Of course you can wear them with more than SLP, but there’s not much room left here my guy. Chelseas aren’t versatile.
ahahahahaha you're an idiot. so SLP invented Chelsea Boots? that's basically what you're saying. a modern fashion designer is now the sole proprietor of who can and can't look good in Chelsea Boots???!!! ahaahahahaha omg I can't stop laughing at this. thanks for the bait.

Chelsea Boots have existed for over 200 years, they are a staple in Fashion. If you are talking about the SPECIFIC type of Chelsea Boots that you see SLP wearers wear, then you have somewhat of a point, but proper Chelsea Boots are not ultra Cuban Heel with straps and pointy long toes. That is just what SLP has apparently brainwashed you into believving. That or you are just baiting.
>so how does kanye pull them off while being a stocky manlet?
Kanye is a fucking fat manlet nigger, I dont care what he wears or doesnt wear, him wearing CHelsea boots is like White people wearing Dreadlocks. Modern Fashion is fucked because niggers are in control of it, and so there are not rules, and niggers wear Motorcycle jackets with Chelsea Boots on Monday, and then wear Air Jordans with Bomber Jackets on Tuesday.
SLP fashion is a specific look, it is not the be all and end all of a certain style of boot or jacket or whatever. SLP merely is borrowing these foundational clothing Styles and creating a packaged look that some like and some don't. SLP is just one designer FFS, grow the fuck up.

>is literal leather tied around a human foot a meme?

>wear badly fitting chinos
>borrow my dad's desert boots
>look like an elliot rodger/dylan roof hybrid but with extra autism
>haha look at him, he's kind of weird
>FUCKING NIGGERS JUST DON'T KNOW FASHION
haha

Euros can't afford to buy mkultrad fashion.
Take a look at the Euro vs US Amazons for proof.

US top brands are actual top brands. UK ones are high street.

2saturated4me

Brand whores following the marketing jew shit promoted by nigger celebrities. Looking awful and ridiculous if you see a picture 5 years after it was taken.

Literally most americans are like teens.

Niggers are usually tolerable in college though. Majority of the retard are weeded out by society and don't get the chance to even get further education than the federally mandated education.

Dude you initially replied to here
So you are dense.
When did I say he looks good with chelseas?
Pulling something off =/= looking good, just like sense of fashion =/= not making mistakes. Pulling something off means he can wear it without looking like an idiot. It suits him. That doesn’t necessarily imply that there aren’t a million other shoes he’d look better in.
Are you dumb? Seriously?
You sound like some middle schooler going on like „AHA b-but you said, so you’re...“ with that watery ice cream all around his mouth.
He doesn’t look like shit wearing them. He wouldn’t look like shit wearing Birkenstocks. That doesn’t mean he necessarily looks good wearing them you mfer.
Here, have a taste of your own annoying middle school shit:
You always bring him up as reference and didn’t say anything against my argument about MLG-autists doing that.
So you must be a MLG-autist. That’s now a fact.

>SLP invented chelsea boots
No.
I’m not even gonna bother with arguing about something that autistic.
What even is your statement? That you can wear whatever you want and it’s ok to look shit? Fuck high fashion brands, they’re all clueless? Yeah?
Way to defend looking like a gay idiot because you bought the wrong boots for your fit brah.

>brings up Amazon in an argument about fashion
>wears „top brands“ instead of actual high fashion, which is European 80 % of the time

So what I’m taking from this is that you buy your cheap, but way too overpriced shitty brand clothes from Amazon.
Good job. Have fun with your Polo-meme fits you got on sale.

Stop projecting and assuming. I literally looked the OP pic without cuffs. They were wearing athleisure anyway so they have no room to judge

They're fine if you wear them with pants that break properly unlike the pictured hipster.