How come Hungarians and Romanians aren't slavic?

How come Hungarians and Romanians aren't slavic?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Romanian#Slavic_adstratum
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dacian_language#Relationship_with_ancient_languages
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_reconstructed_Dacian_words#Reconstructed_Dacian_words
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brittonicisms_in_English
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Romanians are Latin and Hungarians Finno-Ugric.
Romanian language evolved from the Latin carried by the Romans and the Hungarian language came with the Hungarian invasions around the X Century.

How come Balts aren't slavic?

Teutonic order genocided the Slavs that resided there.

Pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-Germanic already baring its fangs at the world and alerting us of their sociopathic syndrome. Though nothing morally wrong with massacring Slavs.

>Teutonic order genocided the Slavs that resided there.

What the fuck are you talking about

>Teutonic order genocided the Slavs that resided there.
u wot lad, teutons genocided prussians which were baltic tribes

This makes no sense.
The Teutonic order fought against the Balts that were residing there way before the order even existed.
Were you trolling or something?

Reminder that language and genetics are not the same. The majority of the Irish aren't Anglo-Saxon.

They had strong kingdoms which encouraged the use of their own language.

Not to forget that the Romanians had a big language reform that replaced many Slavic words with Italian ones.

Reminder that I did not even mention genetics.

Yet language is often tied to culture and cultural influence, more important than everything else.

>trolling
Sorry :3.

I thought that that would've been clearer through the fact that I'm insulting Balts, germans, and Slavs in a single post.

They are hidden slavs with meme languages

...what?

It's true though, until 19th century they used cyrllic script and later replace many slavic words with romance ones.

Please post examples of said words.

Reminder that OP didn't ask about linguistic groups.

'Often' being the key word. Like in my example, just because the Irish speak English doesn't mean that they're culturally or genetically English at all.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Romanian#Slavic_adstratum

Here you go gypsy slav.

Migrations.

Magyars were originally horse nomads from the central asian steppes. they migrated to europe in the early middle ages. their closest linguistic relatives Khanty and Mansi are still found in western siberia. The Hungarian language is also related to northern siberian indigenous languages, finnish and estonian.

Romanians were there since Roman times (they're Romance after all) and became isolated when slavic tribes migrated into the regions around them. there still remain some tiny romance speaking minorities in those areas, likes the aromanians and vlachs.

I know the history of my country and language. Post examples of Slavic words that were replaced with Italian ones.

>Romanians were there since Roman times

>Huge territories to the north of the Lower Danube were dominated by Goths and Gepids for at least 300 years from the 270s, but no Romanian words of East Germanic origin have so far been detected.

>he iotation of e in word-initial position in some basic words[note 41] – that is the appearance of a semi vowel j before e in these terms – is one of the Romanian phonological features with a debated origin.[110] Peter R. Petrucci argues that it was the consequence of a language shift from Common Slavic to Eastern Romance

> The formation of numerals between eleven and nineteen clearly follow Slavic pattern – for instance, unsprezece ("one-on-ten"), doisprezece ("two-on-ten"), and nouăsprezece ("nine-on-ten") – which also indicates that a significant number of originally Slavic-speaking people once adopted Romanian.

They are just some slavs who adopted Romance language

>adopted Romance langauge

From whom?

Romanians are Dacians who adopted Latin. That being said, like every other ethnic group, they're not a pure race and have some Germanic, Hunnic, Magyar, Bulgar, Slavic, Latin and perhaps even some Mongol blood in them.

Post proof of it.

>Romanians are Dacians

you wish gypsy

Nice argument there. Here's a last (You).

Is Moldova considered slavic?

>Despite strenuous efforts by Romanian scholars to prove a Dacian linguistic "substratum" for the modern Romanian language, there is in reality little hard evidence that Romanian is linked to the ancient Dacian language at all. None of the few Dacian words known (mainly plant-names) and none of the Dacian words reconstructed from placenames have specific correspondent words in Romanian (as opposed to general correspondents in several IE languages).

If Romanians were Dacian descendants they surely would have left any linguistic trace, but that isn't the case so.

>90%+ Romanian population
No.

Reminder that he used a linguistic label.

Again, where do you get this from? Post a fucking sauce.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dacian_language#Relationship_with_ancient_languages

I'm not even Romanian. Excellent rebuttal, though.

Like a said here: Genetics != Linguistics

That's like saying Brazilians = Romans

I wasn't talking about genetics you stupid fuck, but if they claim they're descendants of Dacians who lived in the same place as they did and later those people adopted Romance language and started speaking Romanian they surely would have had left some linguistic trace as it was the case with slavs who adopted Romanian. There's 0( zero) cognates of Dacian words in Romanian language compared to other IE languages which they show affinity to.

If some people who switch over language they still show some influences from their ancestral language or whatever you wanna call it. As in example see English/Norman/Celtiberian languages and so on.

Every part of that chapter has {citation needed} written all over it. I'm going to go ahead and say it's all bullshit since we do know there's a few words from Dacian which crossed over into Romanian, around 150 to be exact.

150 Dacian words exist today in Romanian, a good chunk of them still in use.

That's not even worth discussing since it's doubtful Romanians still have a lot in common with Dacians. The Roman province of Dacia was populated with colonists from all over the Empire(especially Illyria) which spoke latina vulgata, and that's the major influence on Romanian today.

Woah 150 words, compared to Slavic languages even after the 19th century purging of them still make up 15% of your vocabulary.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_reconstructed_Dacian_words#Reconstructed_Dacian_words

See, most cognates are with Slavic/Baltic and Albo languages.

What the fuck is albo you idiot?

Provide proof of a 19th century purging.

>I wasn't talking about genetics you stupid fuck
You claim that Romanians aren't primarily descended from the Dacians because there aren't a lot of Dacian words in Romanian. So yes, you are talking about genetics.

>There's 0( zero) cognates of Dacian words in Romanian language compared to other IE languages which they show affinity to.
That's false.

>If some people who switch over language they still show some influences from their ancestral language or whatever you wanna call it. As in example see English/Norman/Celtiberian languages and so on.
Not necessarily. There are almost no Brittonic words in the English language despite genetic evidence showing that most English DNA is not Anglo-Saxon.

You're a pretty stupid person, to be honest.

>ly. There are almost no Brittonic words in the English language despite genetic evidence showing that most English DNA is not Anglo-Saxon.

nice meme

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brittonicisms_in_English

Celtic languages influenced modern English phonetics,vocabulary to some degree among other things.

>There are many, often obscure, characteristics in English that have been proposed as Brittonicisms. White (2004) enumerates 92 items, of which 32 are attributed to other academic works.There are many, often obscure, characteristics in English that have been proposed as Brittonicisms. White (2004) enumerates 92 items, of which 32 are attributed to other academic works.

So... less than Dacian words in Romanian I guess?

>The Roman province of Dacia was populated with colonists from all over the Empire(especially Illyria) which spoke latina vulgata, and that's the major influence on Romanian today.
The colonists did not outbreed the indigenous population. I also have to remind you that the Roman province of Dacia did not encompass all Dacian territory.

Whats a good introduction into the ethno-genesis of european peoples?

See:
You just invalidated your own argument. Good work.

/pol/

Proof that they didn't outbreed them.

Actually you did.

>there's 92 Brittonicisms in English
>and Celtic languages influenced modern English vocabulary
>now, there's 150 Dacian words in Romanian

Thx for scoring a point against yourself retard.

i'm honestly amazed by the amount of bait itt

who would consider hungarians, balts or romanians to be slavs?

He does

Might have to do with the fact that Celts were peasant niggers whilist nobility were the ones that mattered and they weren't of Celtic origin. No one cares what native gypsies speak if they don't form their country. See Magyars they weren't that numerous but they were upper caste of warriors and later people adopted their language. Same with English as nobility was Norman/Saxon and so on.

Also literally language/poems or whatever that was written back then was only written by literate people i.e most likely nobility.

Next time try writing in some sort of English.

Kys

>Proof that they didn't outbreed them.
There is not much of a difference between the DNA of Romanians who live in the former province of Dacia and those who live in former "Free Dacia".

There are 92 POSSIBLE Brittonicisms in English. Other Celtic languages influencing English don't count, since we're talking about how a people can adopt a foreign culture and language and leave very little trace of their original language.

Modern genetic analysis of the English show that the overwhelming majority of English DNA is not Anglo-Saxon. Despite that, there are possibly only 92 Brittonicisms in the English language.

Read a history book, you moron.

epic response bro.

10/10 argument you sure showed me fucking butthurt gypsy

>Dacians
>Slavs

Now you're starting to understand my point.

That doesn't apply to Romania tho, you're nobility in middle ages weren't some random outsiders from different language group, but the same Romanians.

>There is not much of a difference between the DNA of Romanians who live in the former province of Dacia and those who live in former "Free Dacia"

That hardly is proof since you don't take into account 2 millenia of mixing. You have to prove that the Dacians weren't outbred by the colonists by the 4th century. Good luck with that.

>but the same Romanians
and not magyars?

It does apply to ancient Dacia tho you fucking mongrel.

Except it doesn't you deluded gypsy, you're not Dacian you're just slav who picked up a Romance language.

>it applies to everywhere
>except that place because I said so
>haha gypsy amiright /pol/?

OK, you last (You) since you're begging for it.

>Eastern Orthodox slav religion
>until 19th century used cyrllic script
>15% of vocabulary is slavic
>undoubted slavic substrate into genepool

>R-romanians are not slavs

>try to talk seriously about ethno shit
>call romanian a gypsy

We are.
Most of us just get really anal about it.

>we

triggered the gypsies

WUZ

nice implication

FROM SEA TO SEA
DVA MORETA

Is this the thread where /pol/ and /int/ are being retarded again?

this board is 99% /pol/, /int/ and maybe Veeky Forums or /k/

There are still lots of slavshits. There even was a war.

>Veeky Forums

>There is not much of a difference between the DNA of Romanians who live in the former province of Dacia and those who live in former "Free Dacia".

Yes because we have ancient genomes of Dacians and compared them Romanians and the're were no wars/migration/resettlements in the region for 2000 years.

dumbo stop talking out of your ass

You didn't even notice that was making a retarded point, but was in your favor, did you you illiterate mong?

>did you you illiterate mong?

>you you

are greeks slav

Mountains.

There are mountains on the north, east and west sides of the Hungary/Romania region. Even some to the south too.

It helped keep the slavic hordes out.

No, they're altaic.

>slavic hordes

Slavic peoples were the pre Magyar conquest inhabitants of Panonia. I wouldn't expect someone on Veeky Forums to know that tho.

OK, there's an obvious mistake there, but what is it?

Romanians were there before the slavs.

That's debatable when it comes to the central and western parts of the basin. Though the segments East of the Tisza River have been majority Romanian.