>look 6/10 in photos
>look 4/10 in selfies

What the fuck

Mirrors don't count silly boy

for me it's more like
>6/10 in mirror
>3/10 in photos
>never ever take a selfie

youre used to your inverted mirror image, so when you see yourself in a photo you notice your asymmetries and imperfections my dude

this should be sticked

"google focal length"

this

You can't trust selfie cameras or mirrors

Look okay on mirror
Look terrible on selfie
Girls tell me I'm a 8/10 super handsome guy (get laid constantly with girls 10 years younger)

I just dont care anymore, they like me so its ok

gg you're ugly
>whaaat how can the image I spent all my life looking at seem better than how I actually look like wtffffff?

Remember to always mirror your selfies, That's how you actually look

but doesn't everyone notice me like that the first time they see me?

>get laid constantly with girls 10 years younger
So given that the upper end of Veeky Forums age range is about 25-26, you're that twenty something guy who goes to high school parties.

Awesome man.

>tfw look good in mirror
>tfw look good in some photos
>tfw look bad in some photos

How does science work?

Lens distortion, phone cameras have a tiny lens and fuck up your proportions.

>look good infront of a mirror
>look good in pictures taken at the mirror
>look like a goblin in a selfie

>3/10 in mirror
>2/10 in controlled selfies
>1/10 in pictures

well

Pretty accurate

Does that mean all the people who look great on phone camera pics have fucked up proportions IRL?

>So given that the upper end of Veeky Forums age range is about 25-26

Not true. The boards that promote a more childish mindset, like /v/ and Veeky Forums have lots of 18-21 year olds, but boards with more "eccentric" hobbies such as /po/ or Veeky Forums or even /vr/ have lots of dudes in their late 20s, 30s, and even some 40yo guys

This so much, if you ever do any photo editing you HAVE to apply lens correction and you see how warped shit gets even with a decent sized DSLR sensor. On these tiny ass phone cameras, images get so warped just so a good field of vision is represented in the pic.

Not necessarily, it's not like phone photos are some weird minus realm of attractiveness. However, a lot of people who look 10/10 in photos in general are probably making use of some editing, makeup and/or trick of the light.

This is half true, half bro science. Your imperfections aren't magically hidden when your face is mirrored, and you don't look any objectively worse depending on whether it's flipped or not. It's just that to you (and only to you), you look strange seeing your face unmirrored ONLY BECAUSE YOU AREN'T USED TO IT. IT DOESN'T LOOK ANY WORSE.

this stupid meme needs to stop

Im a 30yo and I don't give a fuck if Im too old to be here
I meet with tinder girls and bang them

Dont stare at yourself too much, don't take selfies and try to just look whatever you feel most comfortable with instead of forcing a certain look on your face

look 9/10 in mirror
look 9/10 in selfies
look 2/10 in photos

i just dont really care but idk why i look so bad when someone takes a pic of me

The front camera on phones makes your face look very flat, so it'll fuck up your proportions
It can work on people with specific facial features, but for the most part it removes 'a dimension' (not literally), but you can't really see the shape of your face.
Front cameras are pretty similar to photocopying your face

This. Cameras warp images, OP. The mirror guy is what people see.

natural light always is recommended on selfies

What the fuck? So how do you take a picture of how you look to others?

selfie too close. everyone looks worse close up. like those old ren and stimpy close ups highlighting all their ingrown hairs, pimples, warts, shit on their skin etc.

Great in selfies
Great in mirror
Bleh in other people's pictures.

This. Which lens should i use for a Tinder picture?
I kinda feel she looks best at 200_mm but I'm still not sure

CAMERAS ARE NOT CAPABLE OF CORRECTING THE PERSPECTIVE DISTORTION OF OUR REALITY WHILE DISPLAYING ITS IMAGE ON A FLAT SCREEN. YOUR RETINAS ARE IN THE SHAPE OF A CONCAVE SPHERE, SO THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE. TO BEST SEE WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE IN PERSON, TAKE A PHOTO OF YOURSELF WITH A TELEPHOTO LENS FROM A GOOD DISTANCE.

IT HAS NOTHING OR VERY LITTLE TO DO WITH YOU GETTING USED TO THE MIRRORED IMAGE OF YOURSELF

NOW WE CAN STOP HAVING THESE FUCKING THREADS MAYBE?