Goths

is it possible to revive the goth trend?

youtube.com/watch?v=TRUYs2cKcX0

Other urls found in this thread:

broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/kzgqba/all-hail-the-weird-wonderful-goth-girls-of-cinema-history
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

probably not, most people are afraid of backcombed hair

why not go for actual goth brands in fashion? ccp, m.a+, ch, rick, etc

Aren't art hoes literally wannabe goth?

p much

just that its less goofy shit like the OP

That's a metalhead.

We gonna split hairs?

Goths listen to goth music. It's the bare minimum requirement to be a goth.

>Black metal fans aren't goth
Shut the fuck up

Considering the phrase "goth" is quite a popular phrase now, I assume at least some of the people memeing it will take on enough interest to pursue more traditional goth rather than the Hot Topic/tumblr goth aesthetic and evolve the scene enough to revive it.

I'd like to see a return to the mid 90's to mid 00's goth scene since it had arguably some of the best music and interesting fashion choices

That's the era that gave us cybergoth.

You don't want that.

Goth was never a trend and it never went away. It's always been ultra niche and underground. There's a goth club in my city I'll take a girl to once in a blue moon if I want to dance to that sort of music.

Also there's a weird romanticization of goth on the internet that's happening right now and probably in this very thread. Goth isn't cool or fashionable. There's some goths that have it together but the vast majority are:

>out of shape
>eat junk food
>watch reddit tier entertainment
>barely listen to anything outside goth
>if they do listen to other stuff it's really uncool trance
>wear ill fitting unfashionable day clothes
>wear ill fitting, cheaply made, and tacky PVC night clothes
>reddit tier lol so randumb humour
>atheistic up their own ass liberals

Culturally the thing they're closest to would be like a cross between Redditors, Gamers, and Steam Punks except the music version of that. So the romanticization of goth right now is extra funny to me because it would be like if there were all these memes about steam punk gf's or something. It's really retarded, the people propagating this stuff have never been to a goth night or met an actual goth before.

They're good people though, just not fashionable by any stretch of the term.

They used to call steampunks goths who discovered brown for that reason back when it was just getting started up on livejournal.

Really though, a lot of the real goth crowd is German IT guys in latex and fat middle aged drama mongers. You just have to look for the ok people and form your own social circle.

Black metal doesn't boil down to Cradle of Filth and Anorexia Nervosa, you know.

Goth has always had a mainstream component.

I can name a weekly goth club for 4 days of the week in my city. Is that considered ultra-niche?

You're confusing things.

We're romanticizing trad goths. Those that died out in 1993.

What you're talking about is called mallgoths. They're a late 90s/early 2000s thing with some still fucking around in night clubs to this day.

>arguably
VERY arguably.
You're talking about the heydays of Evanescence and the mallgoth crowd.

We aren't.

t. BM fan

We are goth
t. Real bm fan

>t. false
do not entry or you will be burned and died

Don't start mate

Fuck dude, quit being right.

>It's always been ultra niche and underground.
This is absolutely false. Goth was very mainstream for a while there in the 80s.

You're an idiot.

he's wrong
see

only good post itt

Goths these days wear shit like Killstar and Banned Apparel. Try actually going into a goth clothing store outlet

>Try actually going into a goth clothing store outlet
You mean Hot Topic? This is a fashion board, the guy you replied to named actual brands.

Are you retarded? Neither of those brands are sold in Hot Topic.

wait, but then what about goths between 93 and 'the late 90s'? Did they just not exist then?

That's when the Vampire the Masquerade larpers started showing up.

is that requiem? lol
goth is really bastardized these days, with attention whores who don't actually listen to the music and the people of the old days have moved on and don't care about the scene anymore.

Bruh there's a world of difference between goth and black metal.

Can't do it unless you kill or cure all the fatties, fat people will just come in and ruin it.

triples tell the fucking truth

satanic trips of truth

The only kind of proper "goth clothing" is band merch. The goth look isn't achieved by wearing clothes "made for goths" it's achieved by combining old-timey black clothes and accessories with punk paraphernalia and theater makeup.

goth died when clothing brands started trying to cater to them.

Which one has the best fit?
broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/kzgqba/all-hail-the-weird-wonderful-goth-girls-of-cinema-history

t. kvltlit

this.

I was into goth in the late 90's, the Buffy era. Already I was a little late to the scene (late 30's and balding) but I got into the vampire thing and just like Spike out of Buffy I would use the name "Spooky Spike" to put my own unique individual spin on it.

Now in my 50's (lol can't believe it!) and still wear the same leather trench coat. I still feel cool though.

not really

Lol.

>Now in my 50's (lol can't believe it!)
lol me neither!

ever been to a music bar and south Carolina. mostly trad goths llol

numan wasn't goth, he's just a robot

Is that Ted Cruz in the middle?

Nice

How many "YASSS" and "SLAY KWEEN" comments do you think this thing has?

now he's goth
he's cybergoth

he wears outdated demobaza fits and makes aggrotech

Gary Numan should dress more like his 1979-1981 looks, that was his peak, and looking back at the choice of clothes, it might be more age-suiting.