What separates young people who do menswear well from cringey mfa fedora-tippers?

What separates young people who do menswear well from cringey mfa fedora-tippers?

Attractiveness

There are no young people who do menswear well.

The boy you posted looks awful.

Execution, particularly with regards to fit and accessories. There's a subtle but noticeable difference between tailored RTW suits and MTM or bespoke. Also, MFA tier accessories have no harmonization, nor work well with each other. Basically they tend to think any tie, any pocket square, and pair of shoes can work with everything else.

to be truly good at fashion u have to be artistic and understand contrast, colour and form. this s like 10% of the population, no numale is part of that 10%, by their very nature they are not capable of seeing what needs to be seen . it just is what it is, with most men following the herd, working in groups they all tend towards the mean, except the fags, they tend towards the limits flamboyantly , but are just clueless artistically speaking

Contemporary cut, colours and textures. But no flashiness.

OP's pic guy is looking bad for being too flashy, that suit colour ruins it all.

I would say clothing items that keep them tethered to the contemporary, or at least the ability to wear outfits that aren't 1920s LARPing. If they feel the need to dress up like an extra in Boardwalk Empire for every thing they do, they're LARPing.

Attractiveness and success.
Ugly NEET + menswear = fedoracore

Thats why Veeky Forums hates prep/menswear

1. Being attractive
2. Good posture
3. Being fit or thin
4. Excellent lighting/photography
5. Well-tailored clothes

We might add a more staid response to styling compared to the typical menswear sprezzatourettes on display at blogs like the Sartorialist.

Having the cash to afford a tailor and not being a fat neckbeard.

Menswear is mfa and cringy, anyone who says otherwise is only trying to justify looking like a tool to themselves.

This.
>I’m just gonna dress like that magazine told me to
>if something is „timeless“, matched in color and slim fit, it automatically makes me fashionable.
>fuck those designers, they have no idea.
>fuck all those streetwear kids, sooo immature. You’re never gonna be somebody if you don’t wear dress shoes everyday at age 25.

If you’re all about work or hit a certain age/level of maturity, it’s fine. You don’t have a lot of choices then if you don’t want to look like a kid.
But there’s nothing more cringey than a younger dude wearing full on straight-out-the-catalogue shit when he doesn’t even have a career that would require it.
Please guys, please don’t do this.
The point that seperates a well dressed normie from a /mfa cringelord is simply attractiveness. But it’s both bad news if we talk about real fashion. It’s basically the same mindset behind it.

attention to detail

This.

Form follows function. If you don't get this you will always be a cringey dressed by the internet faggot.

A career that requires it.
I can only echo sentiments that baby faced 20 somethings look agressively silly in menswear.

the
>bright blue suit with light brown shoes
look has to fucking die already
it's pushed everywhere and looks like shit
morons copying other morons with no idea why
>b-b-because i saw it in a magazine!

IMO any look can be pulled off if it looks like it belongs on you/you didn't try. If you just get into prep and wear all perfectly fitting new clothes, youll look like an idiot. But as time goes on, as you figure out what works, and your clothes seem to be the same age as you, it starts to work. You don't want everything to look perfect, because you're not perfect. That's fashion imo, when clothes match the person

>do they look good
>does their clothes look good
>is it at least mildly appropriate (not egregiously formal)
it's that easy

The guy in the pic is not looking good in that suit, the colour of it is atrocious
The man has to fit the suit, it needs to be worn in the proper context of an event or a job that requires a suit
There's still a middleground between larping and going full streetwear though

Hey thats a jew he's got a menorah

the watch

>fuck all those streetwear kids, sooo immature
this,

charisma

yes, this is what I would call the opposite of regression to the mean, starting from the center and moving outward.

and loosely, this is what Art is, it's a constant struggle against mean, and in itself is the need for change and to explore the medium