Veeky Forumsshion, I come before you humble and naked

Veeky Forumsshion, I come before you humble and naked.
You see, there is this adolescent lad who burns out shoes faster than a shark, and I was thinking to invest in something more durable now that the foot size has pretty much settled.
I'm completely out of the loop. Doctor Martens were the shit back in my youth, and I remember using those easily 5 years straight a pair. Are those still worth it?

i have an uncle who still has his pair in perfect functional condition from back when they were popular for workers like 1990's esque. and mine are 2 years going strong.

Definetely durable and definitely have taken a loss morale wise since they were adopted by young goth girls, but overall a great shoe.

Docs are nice, they're hella comfortable once broken in

Damn could we get a pic? Not many preserved vintage ones floating around.

it's the ol' drunk uncle i visit out of state :p srry user. they're more so a lower model, not too high like your pic related and not low as a shoe. Just a classic medium cut boot that you'll see sometimes people in older sit coms wear like in Friends i've seen Ross wearing them in the early season. They haven't been worn straight for 20 years but they're probably seen 10+ years of work with a traditional bit of wear. The wear and tear is rather charming as well as nobody wants their shoe looking too new

Thanks for the replies.
Damn, I might get a pair for meself too!

Don't buy DMs.

T; burned through a pair of 1490s in 3 months and has had the same experience with MiE-Docs.

Get actual milsurp (like the Austrian meme-boots or Corcorans if you got the cash), it's wayyy better.

>10+ years of work with a traditional bit of wear
The sole would be used up already with that long use

pfft, suck my wiener.

wew, even the england-made ones are shit?

Well, yeah.

The leather is shit leather, the soles while comfortable to walk on don't fare well if the temperatures drop (they become stiff and become prone to cracking, happened to my brothers 1461's) and besides the "durr they're handmade"-stamp of shit approval, they're no good for anything more than occasional wear. If you can get a pair used for a fair price, then give them a ago. Otherwise, don't splurge that +150€ for them. I love Docs, I love the way they look and how comfortable they are but hot dang are they just shit quality. Solovair is a bit better, just a bit better. They have greasy leather-options and actual full-grain leather-models, so go for those instead.

I know there are a bunch of people shilling for palladium but hell, they're pretty good

I've had mine for 5 months now, no problem so far and they're pretty good in the shitty weather I've been having

Palladiums are the ugliest fucking boots like some trash that you'd get on jackthreads in 2009 or something

Ugly silhouette, weird perpetually "on sale at Macy's" vibe. Do not ever buy these please lmao

>weird perpetually "on sale at Macy's" vibe

Such a sentence describes so well

>docs
dyke, school shooter

>timbs
new york niggas

>redwings
clowns

>desert boots
hipster fag

Is there any boot that isn't tied to some form of autism?

Well, any normal proper boot.
Try Meermin, Loakes, RMW, Viberg, Vass, Yuketen, Cheaney, Alden, Edward Green etc.

Key word, "proper".
I've been wanting to find a good pair of boots and I'm drawn to the docs because they don't quite look like classic formal dresswear. Those look, well, too proper. And pointy.
Attached are a pair of yuketen boots on some random site that look appealing enough imo to wear in a casual fit.

Going to Seoul for a month for vacation, currently live in a tropical climate so boots were never necessary for function. What do you all think of these? They aren't expensive, but still look both casual me functional

>And pointy.
Most english and traditional brands have very round toed and rugged boots, country boots.

Do Iron Rangers wear out fast if used daily? I just want something that's stylish and practical.

You don't want to wear Iron Rangers daily, every other day at most, they are heavy and well made, will last for years, but unless you are sitting down or doing doing low to mid level physical activity every day, they will kill your feet even after broken in.

Also they look bad with any pant that isn't at LEAST straight leg, no slim fit boys, they look like clown shoes. (trust me, i've been through it)

w2c object shredder punk blacks

My DMs got misted with urine thanks to a faulty urinal. I immediately dabbed it off with a paper towel. How bad for the leather is urine?

Saddle-soap and condition it with Wonder Balsam. Immediately.

Well, I'm going to have to buy those things first. Live and learn, I guess.

Godspeed.