Boot General /BG/

This thread is for the discussion of boots and boot related topics such as leather care, fit recommendations and the posting of personal boot collections

>all boot related faggotry belongs in the designated boot thread

Other urls found in this thread:

whitesboots.com/#/product/4367
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Last thread

I can't tell whether cat depletes actually look good outside this one photo, as far as I know no one has ever actually bought a pair.

Thank you user

Should I cop these over Dr. Martin's? Anyone know anything about this brand? Thanks

I just bought these not to long ago but decided to take off the rubber logo on the side, however it left some glue residue after I un-stitched it. I tried to use 99% alcohol that I have laying around but it only helped a bit. You guys know any way to remove the extra residue?

got these a couple months ago

best pair of boots i've owned.

durable, heavy, quality material, plenty of compliments.

pricey, but i plan to wear them for a long time.

Are these good?

w2c black leather boots similar to pic related?

had a pair of Ben Sherman Theo boots, looking for something similar again

I’ve seen you post this every thread lol... I will finally answer you and say those look like some frat boy, dipshit winter shoes

forgot pic

I'm just asking around, no need to be mean.

You’re right. I’m sorry

thorogoods are pretty standard but 99% better than what everyone else is wearing. grab an eraser when the christy sole gets dirty.

AE higgins mill, yuketen eric, RW merchant, LL bean engineer

Thoughts

don't buy boots made by a department chain

This has every cringe feature I could think to add to a pair of boots
>contrasting stitching
>meme laces (fine, not a real complaint since you can swap them, but fucking hell man)
>"moc toe"
>white soles
They look pretty well made - which would normally be a good thing, except in this case it means you have to wear those ass-ugly boots for YEARS instead of just months

They look nice. Name?

brand / style / price / w2c?

trumans in iceberg

Placement/font/colour of those letters look familiar

Looking for suggestions canada mississauga. I fell for the moc toe meme 2 years ago time to upgrade.

ALRIGHT

I'm trying to pick up a pair of black, tall, combat boots. Lace-ups, tough sole (possibly a lug sole), no extra thinga-majigs and the ability to get them easily resoled. I'm a metal/punkfag who loves black clothing, so Corcorans seem like a natural choice. I fucking love the way they look, they're "the black boot" that initially sparked my love for combat boots. I'm gay for black, shiny leather. Should I go for it, guys? Any experiences with them.

Maybe some sort of purpose specific adhesive remover, but I'd think just alcohol and elbow grease world work fine

And now, for some real boots...

Anyone who buys pleb-tier department store boots is tacky.

Where can I buy "grade 1" Austrian memes right now?

What's an okay black ankle boot (not lace up) for women?

canada west

meaningless question. could be chelseas, button boots, jodhpurs

i needed winter boots and i went to a mall recently, there's some gems there but you really gotta look. found some random italian brand leather hiking boots in black, and i'm pretty satisfied with them. pretty standard silhouette that's just the right amount of "chunky" and they're comfortable, warm as fuck and water-proof too and that's all more important than just "looks" for winter anyways

Just copped these at 60% off from $350

Chelseas, then, I suppose? Anything that isn't a Doc Marten, honestly.

story et fall, meermin, RM williams' older stuff

meermin would be my pick.

none in NA atm.

Thanks!

These boots are good or bad??

i dig em, what are they?

Ann D, for sale ;^)

Some old hiking boots from France

Live in a tropical climate but gonna be traveling in Seoul for a month with my gf. What are some good boots that won't break the bank since the investment is short term

Can anybody recommend me a plain black leather boot like this?
Plain toe, no huge branding, no contrasting stitching and all black

Made in EU prefered but it doesn't have to be

Summed it up better than I ever could. Agree 100%

Name/w2c?

Is Seoul rainy/snowy? If not you should just get a couple pairs of warm wool socks and wear them under some sneakers. You don't really need boots in a big city unless there's gonna be snow.

>implying I wasn't switching the laces

Iron rangers

Iron rangers have a cap toe, it's not plain.

sadly red wing is pretty expensive in the EU, I'd buy them in a heartbeat at american price

Those are Whites casual boots.
whitesboots.com/#/product/4367
Hand-made in Oregon.

There's a product calls Goof-off that is used to remove residue from paint and adhesives, test it out somewhere that won't be seen easily.

Barney's shoes are high quality

are there any back zip or side zip boots that cost less than $500? haven't been able to find any...

W2c slp ranger alternatives? Thank.

Do any of you oil your boots? Ive seen people on youtube oil theres and they look all wrinkly and wet

condition with bick 4 or lexol every 3 months or so. don't over apply.

are boots like this ok?

do any of you oil your boots? I want to oil my redwings but Ive seen on youtube when people do it and they look all wrinkly and wet

the first real boot posted to this thread

you're welcome op

Those are too proletarian.

are timberlands gay? also which look better black or beige?

You slacked

w2cop

They're normie core, like man uggs. Girls will probably think you're cool for wearing them because they like brands they recognize.

What boots should I get if I'm a skinny fuck? I'm trying to avoid a clown shoe look but I like the aesthetic of wearing boots. I'm probably gonna be wearing them with black jeans. Advice?

blacks are uncommon and look better imo

Boots are sort of prole by default.
For non-prole boots, see (pic related).

anyone have any experience with danner sizing? The boots of theirs I love only come in EE width, so I'm not sure how much to size down to at least an almost normal width

Aryan looking user, about to go bald soon

How bad of an idea if buying boots and bomber jackets

will I look fucking insane

Danner sizing to run fairly close to pop shoe sizing.
I had a pair a 1/2 size up that were sublime with a pair of thick socks.

If you wear aviators and a Hawaiian shirt too you will look ebin.

Should I grab some steel toe docs for work?

No.
Get work boots for work.
Docs are fashion boots, compared to the work boots in the same price range available today.

As a guy, what pants do I wear with docs?

Depends on how punk rock you are going.
I'd say 501s with a cuff and a black tee shirt is a pretty fucking cozy fit desu, but your mileage may vary.

Yeah it snows a bit over winter, I personally don't think I need boots, but I don't want to not be prepared
Like I asked if there are any economic boots which don't look like shit I'd appreciate some help finding it

Can someone please recommend me some good black combat boots? Im on a budget and I dont know what is good and what is bad.

love em

And occasionally quite affordable on Amazon.
Unless you mean fake fashion combat boots, in which case fuck it, just buy whatever looks nice.

thank you

They are light as fuck and have a sole you will appreciate if you spend most of your time on flat and paved surfaces.

Palladiums are pretty cheap and well regarded on Veeky Forums; I have a pair that I wore in the snow all winter last year (Massachusetts so for a few months I stepped through a snow bank a couple times a day). They're very comfy in cities or on trails, lined with waterproofing, not too warm or too cold. The sides are peeling up from the soles in a couple places but for sub $150 and for the way I beat the shit out of them I'm not incredibly disappointed.

Once you get into sub $100 boots (retail) it's pretty much all mall tier shit or military surplus. Your surplus options are probably pretty limited, but mall shit will probably last you at least one winter. If you really don't care about your boots lasting more than a couple months you could just buy some crappy ones at a mall once you're in Seoul.

Late 20th century European milsurp (e.g. Austrian, Czech, Norwegian, you can usually find any of these with Google/eBay for ~$50 in decent condition ) is good. Modern stuff () is security-guard-core but still practical, but more in a sturdy-sneaker-with-heel-support way than in an all-weather-all-terrain invincible way. Fashion stuff is either crap or $300+, and will not be particularly practical either way

>tfw putting off falling asleep by sperging about boots

Are these the most basic/classic docs?

I just want something to wear with jeans

I really appreciate the advice. Coming from Miami, I'm excited to face the cold/ snow but it's difficult to be prepared having never experienced it. I'm also unironically considering some black timbs. I know they're a meme, but quite functional and not too looked down upon outside the US.
Someone mentioned sneakers, do you have any suggestions as to what types of sneakers could be used in that sort of weather? They might be best considering I can use them when I come back home, too
Thanks again

where should I get some good Chelsea boots? I don't want some low qual shit.

forgot pic

so comfy

Black timbs really aren't too bad imo. Just stick with the classic timbs, some of the other models look really flimsy and shitty. As far as sneakers, you might be able to get away with something leather and a little padded like stan smiths. I have no problem wearing stans with wool socks (pro tip: get wool socks, they're way more important than the correct shoes imo) and pants that cover my ankles when it's below freezing but I wouldn't trust them on ice. In a big city that isn't *that* cold they'll plow and salt the roads well and stuff will melt fast so you probably won't see too much ice but you'll want to avoid puddles and little snow banks if you're just wearing sneakers rather than boots

Black is way more classic

I tried some 30 minutes but nothing happened

Alright ill give it a shot, thanks

Yea palladium boots are the most flexible kind of boot I've bought before, feels really nice to walk around in.

Can anyone recommend me good production line boots? The best I have found so far with decent reviews were these Wolverines. I need a boot I can walk in all day and have no foot pain with.

Keens, my friend.
The most comfy, and super antifa(shion).

I'll look into them, not digging the design too much tbqh.

>not digging the design too much tbqh
Just gotta transcend, my friend.
And then kick the snot outta things with that big ole king toe.

how do I tie my boots like this