How do I get started with nopoo? Do I just stop using shampoo in my hair and only wash with water...

How do I get started with nopoo? Do I just stop using shampoo in my hair and only wash with water? Am I supposed to use something else in between?

no poo

is

a

meme

it comes

from
the no fap meme

fucking
wash
your hair
and use a little bit
of

shampoo

daily

Start using a good shampoo, use just a little point of it when you wash your hair. no poo should be, DON'T USE POO with chems that are bad 4 ye hair

yeah
though I've heard it might not work for everyone and washing your hair just more rarely could be better for some, basically there might be period of greasier hair for a while that lasts from 1-3 weeks but it should go away after that
I haven't used any hair product in 10 years or something now, I think the adjustment period took maybe 2 weeks for me
literal retard

hey I use zinc supplements and I use a shampoo called Simple - it has basically nothing in it but it cleans your hair gently and doesn't fuck it up. Slowed my MPB pretty well by no aggravating my scalp.

>Slowed my MPB pretty well by no aggravating my scalp.
lol

I stopped using shampoo and it works wonders, however you will need to use some shampoo eventually and sparringly at that.

No, it isn't.

just use shampoo but only 1 or 2 times a week

>noooooo my shampoo stocks are dropping >:(

Ive just been cutting the amount I use every time I wash my hair. I'm now using about a teaspoons worth and don't have to wash it until day 5 now, it's working a lot better than years ago when I just suddenly stopped and my hair was a greasey mop for months

no poo is a retarded meme. get a proper shampoo/conditioner for your hair type and wash your fucking hair.

My hair is super dry so I just stopped using shampoo, only conditioner now. Been working for me.

Go look up the product New Wash. It's all essential oils. Its changed my fucking life.

You gotta experiment for a while until you find something sustainable. I did only water for a while, but it doesn't work great for me because I put product in my hair. Currently washing with only a sulfate-free conditioner because my hair becomes very straight without it.

this, and also use slightly warm water to lather shampoo, and rinse with even cooler water. never use hot water on hair. also avoid hot rooms (above 23 degrees C or so) will strip your hair and frizz it up like nothing else.

Why do you fags do things like this? Just for the sake of doing it? You smelly dickhead.

I tried no poo but it only worked when I was employed in this demolition company.
All the drywall dust would soak up the oils so I would only need to rinse out the shit with water after work.
All of this gave my hair incredible volume, tone and curls.
>I am not even joking.jpeg

Here's my personal experience: I just stopped using shampoo since February. Just massage your scalp with your fingers under warm water. I don't do anything else. So far so good, my hair feels 'healthy'

This. Use a shampoo that doesn’t contain silicones/sulfates/parabens. Before you use a shampoo like this, it would be a good idea to clarify. Clarifying in this case works as a final rinse/clean slate. It’s gonna take some time for your hair to adapt to the new shampoo but it’s worth it in the end. Should notice a difference in 3-4 weeks. Also, using a shampoo that doesn’t have sulfates is very different from using one with sulfates when it comes to the washing process. You have to really clean your hair thoroughly if you use a no sulfate shampoo which means you might have to spend a bit more time shampooing and might have to run in the shampoo in the same places a little more.

hi OP i have hair very similar in length to the image you posted, i have never gone no-poo and i think thats fucking retarded and a meme, youre literally going to be a greasy smelly slob and no one is going to think your hair looks or smells good. please dont listen to what these anons are saying. i have had long hair for years. i used to shampoo daily and never noticed any negative effects, though i am not denying that shampoo/chemicals can be 'bad' for your hair or scalp. what i suggest is paying the fuck attention to your own head of hair. everyone has their own needs for haircare; some people have naturally oily hair, some are less oily, some are really dry. i would advise getting a good shampoo that fits your needs, dont be afraid to spend a little bit more than usual (you dont have to ball out, i pay $10 for my bottle) because ideally (if you have hair/scalp like me) i only need shampoo ~2 times a week, depending on the weather/my activity for the past couple days my hair may be a little more oily than normal. the most important part is BEING OBSERVANT and honest, you know when your hair feels greasy and needs a clean. do not go 'no-poo' that is a fucking retarded Veeky Forums meme.

I have medium-long hair (goes to the bottom of my neck) and I haven't used shampoo in over a year and my hair is far from a greasy mess.
Hell I don't even wash it with water most days

Everyone in this thread calling no poo a meme has probably never tried it and if they did gave up after a week because they have no patience and now take it out on people who succeeded with it out of bitterness.

Basically I started just washing with water in June and my hair is fucking fine. It's not amazing. I think conditioner would probably make it even better. But it is very much fine, not greasy or smelly and far better than it was when I was shampooing every day.

I went full conditioner only over the course of a year. I started by doing just a single CO wash in a week, while shampooing at my normal days the rest of the week. Then replacing the shampooings slowly until I had completely replaced them. Was worth it

i am on week 10 no poo and it is great, very healthy, feels like pure silk when i run my hands through it (bangs reach mid-nose)
i always wash with high pressure lukewarm water

Guys please help. I have to shampoo ever day or 2 or else my hair gets incredibly greasy and disgusting. Not to mention I have dandruff. Going to a derm this Thursday to get t checked out

Interdasted how do you keep your hair smelling fresh

Been nopoo for 2 years, I'm 18.
It's amazing, I love my hair so much.
Honestly just go cold turkey. Your hair will be completely filthy and disgusting for a while, but it's so worth it when your hair finally gets good. It can take a long time but just forge through, user.
Also my hair is a little shorter, it's about 5 inches on top now so if you have long hair it'll probably be a lot tougher but still worth it.