Backpack thread

Copped this Herschel Settlement backpack on cyber Monday for 30% off. It's the only annual sale they have.

Problem is I can't fit my headphones (Sennheiser hd25-1 II) into them. The front pocket is too small for them and there's barely any room to fit them into the main compartment.

What do, Veeky Forums? Should I just carry earphones around instead (I have one that comes with my Galaxy S8+) or should I buy a Jansport instead? Jansports are cheaper but worse looking I think. Jansport also has a worse lifetime warranty than Herschel; Herschel gives a replacement upon identifying problem, but Jansport you have to send it in and wait.

Also post what backpacks Veeky Forums uses.

just get a northface jester and be done with it

>North face
Hey I'm trying to get a Veeky Forums backpack, not a fucking trekkers backpack.

>wants an Veeky Forums backpack
>was thinking about getting an ugly ass herschel

I don't know what else to get desu. My mom says jansport is ugly.

Not sure if it’s Veeky Forums or not, but I’ve been using the same Columbia backpack for the last 5 years and it hasn’t gotten any holes yet. It also has enough space for my laptop, 2-3 textbooks, a jacket, and my headphones.

my northface has been going strong for a near decade now. going from school, to practice, hiking, throwing it around everywhere, and all sorts of crap. i really can't recommend anything else on quality alone.

I know north face is nice but they all look like they're meant for sports (am I wrong?) and I don't need a backpack that huge. I only carry:
>binder full of notes
>pencil case
>lab manual
>lab notebook
>hand cream
>stainless steel mug
>lunch box
>headphones

I looked at Adidas backpacks and they look pretty nice but I'm not sure about the quality. I had a Puma backpack that I used for about 5 years with worn out straps and it sags like balls so I'm not sure about sports brand backpacks.

Get one of these.

>asian girl exchange student uniform

nawh

My newest acquisition
Next bag is gonna be a Mystery Ranch medic bag

How does this look?

I use this

Use earphones - Headphones look ugly on

I don't use a backpack (female) but hers the bag that i paid 3 grand for which in turn probably cost 20$ to make.

Shit is expensive WOW !

Fjallraven?

Is there anything cheaper than Herschel while looking better? Jansport looks ugly and generic I think.

are you honestly asking Veeky Forums to tell you how to carry things

just put the headphones on your neck goddam

I'm asking Veeky Forums if there's anything better looking at the price range. I bought it for $55 on 30% off sale.

it's a fooken backpack

just sort by price on your favorite online retailer and buy what you want

You idiot, he has a Herschel. It's already the poor Asian exchange student uniform.

You're a fucking idiot. Stop posting this question in other threads and now making your own thread.

1. Don't wear headphones out. Total sperg thing to do.

2. Get a better backpack, see: 3. Stop making stupid threads.

Look dude, you're clearly just starting college. No one cares about your backpack. Don't waste your money on cheap Herschel gawdy stuff because it's on sale. That's moronic. Get something quality that blends in.

Yup, the 20L one

The RATS? Great pack if you want a ton of organization. I've got a 3DAP and while I love it to death, it's pretty much a giant pit- would love the modularity of the RATS design, especially on the Futura yoke.

So should I get a jansport? I'm third year in uni

Sure.

Whatever you buy you probably won't really use when you get a real job and buy something decent.

Are messenger bags (male) faggy?

>is this style of bag which features thousands of different colors, brands, materials, and styles [insert adjective here]

Just buy something you like. No one cares anyway.

Yeah it's a RATS bag. I'm a nurse, wanted one for years but they never go on sale. Only reason I got the Briefing bag is cuz it was on clearance for only 250

the best

100x this, the amount of shit that i can put in it and still not look autistic is wonderful. only once was my backpack ENTIRELY full in the main compartment and that was when i had to carry 3 text books, 2 thicc law books and a laptop

Herschel vs Jansport

Both are Veeky Forums approved brands

Which one is better?

Goruck

Jansport, take the logos off.

but everyone and their mother has it on a college campus

take off the JanSport logo for maximum Veeky Forums

is that possible? does it have stitches?

Any opinions on Timbuk2 or Patagonia bagpacks ?

yea use a seam ripper or a small pocket knife

I got myself this one.

thoughts?

Looks cool, how much? How big is it?

gaudy trash

Thanks man! It's a Thule Paramount 29 liters for 100€

Is it waterproof to any degree? Has it been comfortable to use?

It is supposed to be waterproof. i don't think goes for the zippers, tho...

Did not recieve it yet. will get it on the 24th o

How did you get it so cheap? Was there a sale I just missed?

Oh, I might just grab that, though Thule appears to have other equally nice backpacks.

It's listed on German amazon for 100

Considering pic related.
I have the 28L. Perfect for weekends.

Left or right?

left

bump

Not quite a backpack question, but does anyone have a fjallraven duffel that they like? I need a new weekend/work trip bag, preferably one that will last several years. I'm not a heavy traveler, but I go out of town 1-2 times a month, usually for a weekend or 1-2 days during the week.

Right

what do you think of this backpack?
i'd probably roll it up more than pictured

being worried about coming off as gay comes off as so insecure. patheticalso shame on OP for starting such a thread for such a fucking basic entry level topic

right

Nigger detected.

Fjallraven are fine, but IMO there are much better options out there, though if waxed canvas is the selling point for you I got nothing. If you want backpack straps, the Mystery Ranch Mission Duffel is hands down the best duffel on the market (though you might want to replace the shoulder strap with a Tom Bihn one). If the straps aren't a concern then Tom Bihn duffels and the Patagonia Black Hole series are great. Heard good things about Redoxx as well, but I can't say I've handled any of their gear.

Copping this as my xmas present to myself.

best backpack i've had

Would you just use scissors?

Looks good.

I have honestly never hated anything as much in my life.

And at the same time I can see prints like that becoming trendy.

No...

Right

>have backpack
>university student association gives out free backpacks that are almost the exact same design as mine with membership
time to get a new one
also are satchels a meme? kinda want one because they'd be more subtle than a backpack

Cool thanks for the recommendations I will check them out

I'm thinking of buying this, any opinions? Is it worth the price? I want a big backpack for daily use that I can fit all my stuff into(books, lunch box, etc) anything else i should look into?