>develop hatred against anything costing more than 100 bucks
>start a shit thread on an anonymous japanese-inspired imageboard

K

>>Takes it as a personal insult cause of your amount of money in your fit

>be moderately well off
>buy military surplus exclusively
>get best possible quality for best possible price
>unissued 100% thick wool cargo trousers from 77 years ago cost you 20 bucks
>own diverse, beautiful clothes from all around the world and many different decades
>want to spread the good word online
>thread gets hijacked by alt-righters, trolls and antifascists (not necessarily in that chronological order)

And that's usually when Telny arrives and makes everything better again. Life is good.

>Implies someone other than himself is actually insulted here, repeats the same shit and gets mad because of how little money is in his fit
>Can’t even imply in 3rd person

K

Replying to a 6 hours dead thread shows that you're assmad about it

Nice reasoning there
Can you explain that? Because I fail to see why

If you had notice right from the start, I did not attack you on personal level and pointed out that you are indeed taking your fit as a personal of your own. You proceeded to call me a poorfag and so forth.

>someone insults someone else on Veeky Forums
>OOOH, THEY MUST BE TRIGGERED
buddy buddy buddy, i can write whatever i want on this website, uh-huh, anything i want, free speech to the extreme, and you think, hold on, you think, wait a sec, you think that, oh man, you think that I only insult people I have a good reason to insult, ahahahaha, cringe, boy howdy, you have much to learn, buddy. buddy buddy buddy buddy buddy buddy.

patrician

I am not insulting you as a personal level. I find your fit is ridiculous and called it out. I did not post any face on the thread itself and buying designer brand does not exclude you from getting roasted, based on the fit itself and NOT the person himself.

Topkek
What fit, bitch? Who in here posted a fit you poor pajeet?
You are the one that started a thread because of shit you’re mad about in the first place.
I’m just here because I like insulting poor people who can’t write in proper English and can’t afford designer anonymously.
Maybe you’ll get some Rick for christmas, there’s always hope :^)

Every single Rick fit looks the same, hence I felt it is not necessarily to post a fit. I started this thread to point out that all of you are taking it to personal level, to the point that you are worshipping Rick Owens as your father, or even God.

>Every single Rick fit looks the same
No. :)
>hence I felt it is not necessarily to post a fit
What fit are you gonna post? A Walmart fit? I’m just taking an educated guess here, but I doubt you’ve ever seen some Rick in real life. :)
>I started this thread to point out that all of you are taking it to personal level
You could expect that. On a fashion board. On Veeky Forums. And you most likely started this thread because you’re coping with not having any Rick, hoping for like-minded miserable haters. Seems like it backfired. :)
>to the point that you are worshipping Rick Owens as your father, or even God
No. He’s just a designer. But how would your ass know anything about that :)

>:)

When will you consider listening to others when somebody says your fit is bad, a random person from wdywt or your discord? Do you really want 100% get your feeds from your fellow Rick Owens fans only? Are you that autistic?

My sides, I can taste the rage in this buttblasted faggot post

All rick owens users are defined by autism lad, don't sweat it

this faggot is the worst rick poster in ROD
worse than typical even
also ugly as fuck lol

I am trying not to take it to personal level thank you

>hoping for like-minded miserable haters

They’ve arrived now!
At least one samefag has.
Nice turn of events.

Bruh I’ve got a single pair of shoes by Rick, I don’t even like most of his stuff.
Like I’ve said before, I’m basically just here to troll poor clueless people who can’t afford designer and try to cope with it.
I honestly like this thread, please keep posting guys.

There actually aren't many people who pull off the Rick look that I've seen on here. It tends to be just people buying Rick to buy Rick and not knowing how to construct a fit.

Or worse... manlets wearing dropcrotch that makes their proportions look hilarious.

>GIG OWEN SNEAGER SO GUD :D

>I am here to le ebic troll
fuck off

>I am here to cope with being poor and hate on shit I’ve never had
fuck off

> i can write whatever i want on this website
You're in a blue board, you can get zuccked pretty easily.

Look buddy, I know it’s hard sometimes.
I know seeing all those other kids and thinking hey, all I want to be is like them isn’t easy.
And pal, I know this board can be cruel and retarded. But please don’t choose the path of darkness and let that disappointment turn to hate fella.
You, my friend, are special. You, my friend, will make it someday. I know it. Hang in there.

>He still don't get the purpose of this thread
You spent too much on a single piece, thousands on multiple, and when someone says your fit is shit, you just fucking took it as if that person insulted you on personal level.

Are you implying I actually get mad when someone criticizes my fit?
Are you implying I’d take personal offense by something someone said on Veeky Forums?
Are you implying I actually post in WAYWD threads?
Are you implying a certain sum you personally choose is „too much“ for every person?
Are you implying you’re in the right by hating on designers (whoever that may be) because they’re too expensive? That a person who spends less on clothing and still looks horrible is better off?

Why? Are you going the full #NotallMuslim path? I speak on general Rick Owens fanbase

Are you implying Rick Owens has a „general fanbase“ because of the people whose fits you see in threads on Veeky Forums?
Are you implying everything else is ok, but Rick is TOTALLY NOT? Because you personally don’t like it?
Are you implying that JUST Rick is too expensive? Or that something else is worth the money, but Rick can’t be worth it to anyone?

>Are you implying Rick Owens has a „general fanbase“ because of the people whose fits you see in threads on Veeky Forums?
None of their fits impressed me except picture related
>Are you implying everything else is ok, but Rick is TOTALLY NOT? Because you personally don’t like it?
I consider the Rick Owens cult as 'uniform group' aka full rick apart from slp from what've seen and they're hardly relevant. If they do go the same way as Rick Owens fanbase, I will do the same. The trend that no Rick Owens fanbase will be able to handle any form of criticism. They will jump onto the defense line and attack the criticizer.
>Are you implying that JUST Rick is too expensive? Or that something else is worth the money, but Rick can’t be worth it to anyone?
Ditto above the statement, I came to conclusion that none of you are willing to accept any form of outside's comment is simply due to you overspent the amount of money and proceed to treat the clothes as part of you.

You said Rick Owens is just another designer, and you assumed that I won't attack another brands. It's as if you treated Rick Owens as if your father or perhaps God the infallible.

Dude Rick aside, I gotta be serious for one sec here.
I can’t even fuck with you anymore because I have no idea what you are saying. This doesn’t make sense. You didn’t reply to the comment, you just assumed what it might mean and replied completely out of context.
Where are you from my guy?

>Am I okay with designer brand
Yes
>Am I biased against Rick Owens?
I see that he's in to silhouettes
>Then why are you attacking him?
Because his brand has the biggest uniform group aka cult
>Is it wrong to have a group?
When they start to close themselves up, by not accepting any form of outsider's comment, remember that you are trying out new things, accept that there will be people that won't get your views.
>Is designer brand overpriced? What's making it overpriced?
Since everyone has different salaries, all I can say is that you are overpaying a certain piece is that when someone says that he doesn't get it or likes it, you get assmad about his opinion.

im not the user you are conversing with but i just find it funny that rick probably would...not hate, since he's a pretty chill guy, but maybe...be confused by how he's so popular. i always saw it as him thinking he's too much a proponent of individuality and uniqueness that idolizing him to the extent that the internet does actually is the worst thing you can do

A-are you actually trolling me right now?
Fuck man, that’s good.

Which part of it is trolling?

Nice.
I basically think the same way about him. I don’t like a lot of his stuff from a personal aesthetic point of view, but I respect him for what he is and for the „lens“ he sees through when designing. You can see his personality when looking at his stuff. A lot of designers lost that or „sold out“.
There actually was a controversy about the geobaskets because the swoosh on the side was similar to nike‘s. He responded with „I’m actually flattered that they know who I am“.

he could have anyone and he chooses to be with voodoo gollum...gotta wonder if any rick fans would do the same. because at the end of the day, dick ovens is dick ovens and he will always win the competition for being the most weirdly authentic rick fan and he designs for himself and not you. gotta give him a lot of respect for that, even though my dick (literally, my penis) is terrified for him

>lot of designers lost that
lot of designers don't really go through that route to begin with
and rick is very fundamentally anti-fashion so his vision staying the same is very much the point

>U MA FREN SPESUL :)

Give me the quick rundown on these high quality milsurp garments. My style is pretty minimalist and if there’s a way lower cost for some clean pieces I’ll def join the milsurp meme.

I just don’t wanna look like an armyman tyvm

>Y-you are trolling!
Not an arguement

ironic that you can be full rick in modern yet timelessly tailored silhouettes yet the majority consumers always look like fashion victims who shat their pants hobbling along in clown shoes

u just cant buy the cool factor

>spending this much on cotton

uh bro its not just cotton its UNSTABLE cotton

holy fuck i've never seen a person with 0 self awareness before.

>Because his brand
i honestly think he would shudder at people talking about his clothes as a "brand". maybe I am wrong, but he doesnt come off that way. Yea I'm sure he wants to keep selling clothes and the more people buy the clothes the more money he gets, but I have already heard him say in interviews how he gets completely over-saturated in terms of the "Fashion Scene" and what starts to happen if he gets too absorbed into how the "Scene" swallows everything into a sort of black stew of nothingness.
actually if you had any idea what you were talking about you would realize there is very different grades and types of cotton, paying a premium for better softer cotton is perfectly fine, or more thin or thick and rigid it depends on what the cotton is used for.

holy fuck are you me?

euro surplus is the way to go. scandi/swiss/austrian/dutch are excellent quality with older garments in grey or feldgrau instead of disgusting OD green. german/brit surplus is usually patterned and the french like to destroy their cool stuff.

US varies but dress uniforms are disgusting and the quality is questionable thanks to modern-day slaves. not a great source for minimalism/subdued tones

eastern euro can have some cool patterns but the cut will generally be looser to accomodate layers and with a US-tier stitching quality. takes cues from russian surplus.

russian surplus can get expensive and the cuts will turn you into the michelin man. their peacoats are an excellent value though.

It is an argument if someone replies so out of context that you can’t keep up a conversation. Whatever that convo may have been worth anyway....
Actually have to consider trolling here, we’re on Veeky Forums after all.

>gets mad because someone spends more than him on clothes and/or presents a moronic and senseless opposite case in response to a moronic senseless post
>holy fuck 0 self awareness
Are you actually retarded? How do you even breath you cheap autistic shitter?

>haha people spend way too much money on clothes. I just keep buying that mall shit, no idea how anything else feels or looks. I don’t even care.
>on a fashion board
Did you spill over from /b/? Or /FMA?

Doesn't make his argument any less invalid imo

Coming up with unrelated, completely personal opinions, half of which are absolutely not understandable at all, doesn’t even qualify as an argument in the first place.
What argument are we even talking about? Mind filling me in? I honestly have no idea.

>wasting money on clothes when you can invest in something worthwhile
I feel like dressing well without the status and substance, and I don't meant just superficial shit like rings, just makes it seem like you're compensating. People will be attracted more to success and a cult personality, which the clothes will amplify. Also study more art and aesthetics in general, color theory, palettes, etc. so you can create formulas.

clothes aside, those fucking cowlicks tho
what is up with you fags and wanting to wear dresses?

>buying more expensive clothes is only for status, not because of genuine interest in fashion and design
>clothes can’t be something worthwhile to anyone, better save for that house and that car, not superficial at all bro
>menswear is GOAT
>Fuck fits/cuts, color matchy matchy is the way to go

I’m sorry but I think you should leave

Oh and worst of all
>you have to dress based on certain formulas and in relation to your „success“

Let’s not forget
>dressing because you care about what others think of you, not because you actually like it

>dressing because you care about what others think of you
let's not go there
literally everyone is influenced by social factors in the way they dress whether they admit it or not

Oh god I knew that would come up.
To a certain degree, yes. I wouldn’t run around dressed like a Disney character or without pants on because „I like it“.
But there’s a -not so small- difference between actually taking interest in fashion and certain designers/items for their individual approach to fashion and just dressing a certain way because that’s what you see on posters at the mall or read in some magazine. And I’m not even talking about cost here. It’s more about value.
Dressing because it’s the easiest and most norm-filling way to dress isn’t fashion at all. It’s just the path of least resistance. You don’t actually care about fashion, you just follow every generally accepted guideline there is and hope people will perceive you as someone who „fits the criteria“, maybe without even thinking of this on your own.

Why do none of these cringy faggots understand that working out is modern couture? Rick would be ashamed to know who is buying his clothes.

For owning a very wide range of cotton tees including Tricky Ricky ones, the fabrics he uses are truly outstanding

>-not so small- difference between actually taking interest in fashion and certain designers/items for their individual approach to fashion and just dressing a certain way because that’s what you see on posters at the mall or read in some magazine
hey as long as you justify to yourself feeling like you are above someone
I don't give a fuck what kinda mental gymnastics you go through, you are clearly above social reasons, you don't need to explain yourself right?

this guy actually never posts in rod. how can you be so assmad at a nonexistent member?