Suits

In this ITT thread we talk about suits.

Best suit designs, best suit fabrics, unforgivable suit sins.

Few things are more |fa| then suits.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y32yqkSU5_ZnVO7ub_B5Y6J9E_izu6qD6nwdzw7V1HU/edit#gid=1990531564
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Great let's start with the shit you posted.
>Too tight
>Gaudy watch to big to fit under sleave
>bead bracelets that don't go with a suit
>Collar too small and doesn't reach lappels
>Wait that's a cardigan, even weirder
>Vest in this skinny cut

spot on. we also need to see what the shoes were but i can guess theyd be some shiny, gaudy shit from just ops pic alone

I'm with you on that. If I may add to your post: pants are cut too hight and he's not wearing socks.

i can understand a slimmer/more modern fit for suits but goddamn some people just try to spandex phone it in

was this an ironic picture?

Exactly, I have a more slim/modern cut of suit but this just looks retarded. You couldn't even move in it.

Literally everything you need to know about how to wear a suit you can learn from James Bond

fucking hell OP. way to start a thread with cringe right off the bat.

Typical numale/soyboy wearing female-like clothes

Absolutely this & pic related.

I don't like modern suits

>*tips fedora*

this is pretty bad

I don't like fedoras either

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y32yqkSU5_ZnVO7ub_B5Y6J9E_izu6qD6nwdzw7V1HU/edit#gid=1990531564

for my suit niggas

19th century got the best suits, hands down.

Think what you want, but wearing your clothes to tight as a male you are probably on the other side.

Will cop pic related.

the fit is okay but that pattern with those colors dont look good. this one is also bad, looks like you're wearing moss. i guess if all you wear are suits and you have dozens of them, you can splurge on eccentric pieces like the ones you mentioned but i just dont see the appeal

footlets

For such a niche "old-timy" look to that fabric, the cut is a little too modern. For instance, the lapels are pretty slim. It gets valences out because the tie is slim, but then it has a vest. The vest really doesn't go with that slim lapel - slim tie cut. I'd like to see what this actually looks like on someone. It seems a lot of these suits are bought by people like Connor McGregor trying to be swag-menswear and it looks to goofy to be worn in any setting that would actually require a suit.

>Connor McGregor

...that's not the suit, it's because he is goofy. His suits are also far to tight, you will look like OP or conor mcgoofy.

I know he's a goofball, that's what I was saying. Those suits always look whacky because they're far too tight.

Very nice suit, but that shoes and pocket square...

Yeah, like wearing always diver watches... even with black tie.

I bet 80% of beta cucks on this board don't even own a suit. and even if it did they probably look like shit.

Why? because they are either
1) thin skelly jelly that can't fit a suit properly
2) fatfuck steves that can't fit a suit properly

post your fucking suits fags.

I don't like the newer synthetic/shiny suits, i prefer the oldfashioned wool suits. Sadly they are hard to cop.

awful wtf. i have one that fits just a bit looser and i hate it

that better not be a fucking daniel wellington on his wrist OP

he looks like he can't bend his legs and has to move by pivoting each leg in turn

He is irish, don't blame him...

>black dress shirt
>with suit
Wearing a black shirt makes you look like a waiter in the first place, with a suit it just makes you look like a clown desu senpai

In that particular case looks like a winstrol fueled moderately wealthy bulgarian brothel mafia.

Since you call me senpai ill assume u have a skinny boipussi and let you slide

You sound like a fat fuck numale, you probably don't even workout and yet if i stood beside you, ill probably dominate you with my presence alone.

>You sound like a fat fuck numale, you probably don't even workout and yet if i stood beside you, ill probably dominate you with my presence alone.
where did that come from?
>i'm a real man and i like effete skinny clothes

The waist is almost assuredly too low, since that's the trend with a lot of shitty suits.

The jacket in is too short. Your tie shouldn't be poking out below like that, but even if it wasn't, we'd be able to see a triangle of shirt, which is also a bad look.

>skinny people can't fill out suits
Tailored clothing is sorta the one thing most people can wear because it can be, get this, tailored to your body.

what's attractive is a v taper, broad shoulders, slim waist. skinny people look too straight and literally a twink/fridge. while fat people just look like a fucking balloon.

he's a goddamn spy he needs to able to be underwater at any given moment

post shoe inspo famos

>Uh gross soyboys dressing thin are ruining masculinity
>They did dress like [fucking terrible suit that's ugly, doesn't fit, and even if it did wouldn't be the right fit]

We brought this on ourselves when we didn't shut down /pol/ a few years ago.

It's not really about body shape i'm talking about but the fit of the clothes. You can be skinny as a stick or fat as an american and wear too tight clothes

This, great point.
And as a spy cosplayer myself, I too might go underwater at anytime

I'm preparing to take the tweed pill and you can't stop me.

Most american men are wearing a jacket that is at least one size too large (ie 40 instead of 38) and shoes that are as well (ie 10 instead of 9).
The jackets aren't long enough and the pants are too tight. These guys think it will look custom and tailored but it comes across like they bought it at the boys department.
This is too tight. Unless he is the waiter for a gay party.
ask for tweed?

>Striped shirt
>plaid tie
"What do you mean patters can clash?"

Y'all have never seen black shirt + grey suit have you? Shit is clean af

>black dress shirt

Yeah? Black dress shirt + grey suit. No tie. Red or white pocket square

fucking faggot arab looking shit that makes the over-the-top douchey prep/"im an 80 yr old econ professor" suit styles look professional

instead, it also screams "im a community college professor and a full time insurance salesperson

>tranny fucker reaction image
Opinion discarded

Great, enjoy looking like a tryhard faggot :)

I have a solid very dark navy suit which is pretty cheap and a little boxy but at least it does the job for interviews and stuff. I want a nicer suit which is a bit less stuffy for social events and stuff, is something from suitsupply in the ~$500 range my best choice? Is J Crew decent? I can spend more, but it's hard to justify with how rarely I actually need a suit.

I'm thinking probably a medium to darker grey, I like textures or maybe some very subtle pattern. Not too tight, no skinny lapels, something classic. I'm thinking of trying thrift stores but I don't want to end up reviewbrah core or looking like a college professor.

This pic will ultimately debunk your statement.

Even asos got shitty suits. To tight suits look like shit, deal with it:

spot on

I love tweed but I'm smart enough to realize that tweed suits require particular circumstances.
Assuming you live a life where you wear suits regularly enough to justify having more than one (doubtful knowing the demographic of this board), tweed is casual and doesn't work in most offices. Additionally it works best on older men or men with full beards. It's a fairly traditional/old fashioned fabric at this point as opposed to straight wool. It's also warmer so it works best in cool/cold weather.

You may fit all these requirements, in which case tweed is appropriate as fuck for you but I'm just pointing out the cards are stacked against you.

you can find a great suit deal on ebay and then tailor it later
that's what I'd recommend for someone on a budget
just make sure the shoulders fit your measurements and you should be golden

>even asos
you say that as though one might expect them to not carry shitty products...

What's a nice suit for New Years in Paris? Fabrics, pieces, colours, etc.

You and op asked about fabric.
>W O O L
and if you can, full canvas lined.

Looks like a jew in an italian suit to me.

kek

From his ankles to his pants is about a 20 dollar taxi fare

black shirt with black suit is for patricians, I don't expect some retarded weeb to understand anyway

What do you guys think of sack suits? It seems like a style that's excessively relaxed and more based on "muh prep" than aesthetics.

>sack suits
that's just the generic name for lounge/business suit in the US, or do you mean a boxy cut?

No it's for hockey players and other clowns. You will look like a boy playing mafia man dress up.

This.
My buddy was wearing black suit black shirt last night at his bar job and we were all joking that he looked like a valet or a third level mafia man.

McGregor is literally an Irish Gypsy, he has no class and should stop trying to look like he does. He should stick to tank tops and boxing shorts. He is also responsible for ruining navy pinstripe suits imo.

Tell truth.
Sry, no shoes..

The very fact that it's practically impossible to find a black dress shirt with a decent collar spread that isn't polyester shit should tell you that they're a boy's style.

decent suit, bad shirt

Unironically this

>those fucking ankles

Shoulders are too wide, same with the pants. Shirt doesn't fit and looks weird buttoned all the way with no tie. I would get a burgundy tie, white pocket square, a bit of tailoring, good shoes, and a new shirt.

One day I'll buy this ;_;

A yellow suit

>doesn't wear a cardigan or a spencer under his suit
Stay pleb amerimut

I wear cardigans and sweaters under my suit all the time.

tell me everything guys

Do you think is it possible to wear it with these shoes ? They are black/navy but i could dye them in all black (it's leather)

Clean your mirror. Jesus Christ

Better with the pic :)

Oh no no no no.. look at those pants... UUUUUÄÄAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAH

Absolutely not. You'll look like a shitty frat bro who is forced to "dress up" once a week who buys dress shirts at walmart. Not a good look.

Aside from the cuff being big, I don't really see a problem with the pants.

no. get real shoes, kid

patrician look.

When will the suit truly evolve? I don't mean tiny incremental adjustments to the waistline or lapel, I mean what will suits look like in thirty years? Fifty?

I feel like they don't change all that much compared to all other clothing.

Not a fan of the cuffed pants but other than that it's quite a nice suit.

Classic.

looks good minus the cuffs, as stated
lose the button-hole thingy too