Carabiners on pants

Why is this trend suddenly so popular? Is it even functional or just done by "muh fashunn" people to look cool.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/200672866
youtu.be/xYIqBG1v8BY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's functional and people are kinda into the look of functionality right now.

>suddenly
Bet you just turned old enough to get a car and now that youre not in highschool you go to places where only people who drive can go. Everyone has been doing this since forever

I think it started as a skater thing, to make sure you don't drop your keys while riding your skateboard.

I feel like with Van's becoming really popular lately, it might be the same for other types of skating-related fashion.

my dad has worn his keys there for 40+ years, I do the same, it's convenient imo. Where else would I put my house/car keys?

I just keep my keys inside my pockets, trouser or coat.

>anime posting
kill yourself.

This literally just started popping up in the UK. I can tell it's something amerilard workers have been doing but all of a sudden fits and "muh fashun" people have been wearing them.

no

yeah i dont think so man

>started as a skater thing
No. You grow up one day and find out nobody gives a shit about your teenage skater "culture"

Nigga, this shit is realy old. And yes, it is functional.

I learned from that YouTube video Jewgle let kids watch that keys on the hips is a gay sign for what you're into, can't be bothered to rewatch this filth

vimeo.com/200672866

Holy shit you're retarded man.

all it took was one person the faggot millenials looks up to to do it for them to copy. and that was Tyler the faggot creator who does this in like all of his professional shots. the guys a turd.

I feel like a retard now when i do it but it hasn't gotten too cringey yet

Why are people acting like this is somehow functional? I used to wear my keys like that, but as soon as you have more than one or two keys it get's really annoying because it rattles around when you walk. Also you need to remove the hook every time you need to use the keys.

i think and hope they mean functional because skinny jeans are popular and fucking phones can barely fit in the pockets let alone multiple keys. As far as the jingling goes it's obnoxious as fuck at leave put them in a coat pocket when you walk ro something. But they really are functional in a sense of "getting them outta the way" by just clipping them when you're at your desk at school for example.

Fairly new here.

>America is the only place on earth.

Kys you fat fucking lardass

carabiners are for lesbians just so y'all know

why dont you stop caring you fa/ggot? let people hold their keys on a belt loop, it's not like the stupid 1700's trend of attaching your expensive stopwatch to a chain or your wallet so somebody can snatch it. nobody will snatch your house keys.

I have too many keys to keep in my pocket without it looking like shit.

Because I keep a variety of shit on my keyring, bottle cap opener, file, etc. Would tear holes in my pants pocket. I like the jingle, lets people know I am coming which works great since I am a schoolteacher.

why is Veeky Forums so late on everything

>suddenly
people have been doing this for ages. i dont want my keys fucking up my wallet or phone and its uncomfortable keeping them in a back pocket

very small s biner on belt loop, tucked in pocket. Its the only way.

>functional

Wouldn't the keys make a lot of noise while walking?

nah OP is just extremely late. no way this is something you just notice at the end of 2017

I did this in high school... a little under 10 years ago.

I've always been doing this since I started driving in 2011 to make grabbing my keys easier than digging in my pocket

You're old

believe it or not this was a go to redflag for lesbians to detect each other years ago

Because lanyards are dead.

I've done this for a decade though, this isn't really new.

Pre distressed is cancer

>t. Please steal my carkeys

yea noisy keys are really uhhh unfunctional

>Van's becoming really popular
>lately

It's convenient so you don't have to dig through your pockets for five minutes trying to take out your keys that sometimes get stuck on the material. Putting it in your backpocket is uncomfortable and easy for someone to sneak up behind you and steal it (that's my paranoia.) I don't think this was intentionally for fashion purposes, it was on the lines of convenience since now, you have to carry your phone, wallet, and for some people now, vapes
t. guy that's been doing it for over 4 years

I grew up in the """""""""""""scene""""""""""" and everybody did that
When you're wearing skinny jeans your keys don't really fit in the front pocket without fucking up the silhouette so that's the origin I think

I think that's why it became popular initially. Pocket bulges look really bad. That was back in the early 2000's though, so don't act like this is something new.

it was popularized by few fashion brands like 3 years ago on runways
the new hip thing is wallet chains which again was popularized like 2 years ago by bunch of brands using them on runways

this is petty.

I heard is a Homosexual motif/symbol thing.
I could be wrong, I've been wearing one on my belt loops with my keys for years now; I guess I can swear by it user.

>it get's really annoying because it rattles around when you walk.
Try not being a fat fuck.
Mine don't rattle that much unless I'm booking it.

>Also you need to remove the hook every time you need to use the keys.
Your poor girlfriend. Are you telling me you can't clip and unclip with one hand? Are you retarded?

>3 years ago
Wtf

you must be new to fashion. look, I'm sorry it just arrived in your laggard muslim country but this has been a thing in fashion for 5 years. maybe if your people stopped worshipping allah and obsessing over faggy music and soccer, maybe you would've caught on by now

why is being loud not functional? it's a drawback sure, but not excessive enough to not do it
clipping them on your belt makes them ready and easy to grab if you're getting in and out of your car often, and also keeps you from putting them in your pocket, which can be uncomfortable when sitting and also keeps the keys from Samsung whatever else might be in there

I have had my keys on a carabiner since high school (graduated ten years ago, newfags) and I put mine on my 4 or 5 o'clock belt loop so I can tuck it in to my back pocket. Keeps my keys from scratching up my phone and doesn't jangle either. It's fucking simple.

the current trend you mong
it can be traced back to god fucking knows how long but the reason it's hip now is because skatebaorders do it and skateboarding became cool thin in fashion few years back

>a few years back
How the fuck do underage users keep ban evading

its been around for a while but i only see jock types doing it around here

prove me wrong instead of shitposting you retard
it's just that you literally can't because that's where it comes from, your personal feelings being hurt over it (what ever sense that makes) doesn't really change the fact

No it didn't

>literally NUH UH arguing
>calling other people underage

1) your location is a big determinant in how many trends cycle in and out
2) the trends you recognize at 12 or 13 aren't the same ones a guy in his late 20s might know about. I'm not saying you're underage. I'm just saying the carabiner thing is marketed differently to different people

youtu.be/xYIqBG1v8BY

>the current trend
you are so fucking retarded holy shit how do you even function
if crust patch jeans become a trend and mainstream thing due to some fashion house making the decision of featuring them on runway and then h&m other fast fashion companies copying them you pointing a finger at crust punks just makes you look like a fucking tool
yeah, that's where it started but it's not the reason for the trend and the crust jawnz becoming a hip thing, it's the brand introducing them on runway setting and pushing it as a thing that makes them hip
does any of this make any sense to you?

and that is to say it's fucking obvious to everyone that someone has been doing it for long time, hence why I earlier pointed out you can trace carabiners as key rings for god knows how far back, basically someone in to some even more obscure sub-culture could march in to the thread and point out how it was done by group x before the punks and posting a youtube video like you did but he would be just as wrong as you are

This. It's a trend that's coming back.

I thought there was a joke about carabiners in that lol
Haven't seen it in awhile

Take a break from Veeky Forums. You need to relax

>lmao u mad
wow what a come back, absolutely ethered

God dammit youre worse than a 16 year old newfag, you're a crossposter

m8 you are the one who does nothing but shitpost, I've explained my stance

anime website, underage-user

Don't remind me

newfag fuckoff. image being so fucking stupid and new that you get mad on Veeky Forums when people use anime pictures

England has been at the forefront of fashion for centuries mate, i'm 99% sure you're a nigger or a spic who lives in new mexico though who has never been abroad so i'm not surprised you're a spastic little cunt

My roommates did this and you could always hear him jingling around. Dunno how 'convenient' it can be when it literally takes 1 second to take your keys out of your pocket. I guess it would make sense if you're CONSTANTLY locking and unlocking stuff, but then you might as well get one of those extendible keychains with the chord

I really hate when yuromuslims come to an American Anime Website and complain about anime.

As bad as Lanyards

>ruining your pockets

It's just some American thing. Americans are renowned for not having class and generally dressing 'functional'.

Just imagine the noise it would make in the streets if everyone had their keys outside their pockets like this.

One reason why it may be being popularized is because more and more young people are diagnosed with ADD than ever before. I know whenever I was diagnosed my shrink told be to keep my keys on a carabiner, utilize sticky notes & journals more often, etc. I feel like it’s a common thing doctors tell people like this.

hes actually 100% right, atleast thats where it started to get popular. skate culture is the first to do a lot of shit fashion wise

Still rattles more than having the keys in a pocket. Of course I can unclip them with one hand. It's still faster and easier to just take them out of your pocket.

in your pocket you fucking gaylord

I have adhd inattentive type and I've never heard that advice before. I just put all my important shit in the same few places and make time every day for the inevitable scavenger hunt for all my shit lol

Anybody use these.
I like brass and the simplicity of it.

I do it sometimes just because it frees up some pocket space to put something else in there. I carry a fair few small things around but not enough to warrant a backpack so pockets are premium.

Never seen one before but it looks like its intended to be used for this so go for it.

Keys in front pocket > poked in the dick
Keys in back pocket > poked in the ass
Keys on carabiner > comfy

>not having a quickdraw set with you at all times just in case

Fuck those are so expensive