Worst interview question that you have ever been asked

Worst interview question that you have ever been asked.

Recruiter, "If you were an animal, what animal would you be?"

I would be a turtle so i can crawl back into my shell.

I'm not very good at being a slime ball, otherwise I would be a snail.

Both animals also reflect my work pace. Slow and steady until a predator comes along and I get eaten.

'Tell us a joke'.

Out of fucking nowhere at the end of an interview with 3 people back when I was 16 looking for some shitty job at a laser tag place. Suffice to say, I didn't get the job because back then I was awkward as fuck.

I was at cafe listening to some guy get interviewed for a tech company and he was asked, "If you were on an island and could only bring three books, three movies, three CDs, etc., what would you bring?" or something like it.

The guy stuttered and stammered for like 10 minutes really trying figure out what the hell the interviewer wanted to hear. It was painful as all hell.

>at cafe
interview in a fucking cafe?
where you at?

"What is your biggest weakness?"

that's a standard question you moron.
they want to hear something that is not really a weakness, for example say something like "i don't want to leave work unfinished"
bad example, but you get what i mean

gee faggot, you tell me where you live where they dont interview people for cafe jobs

it's still a stupid question

can't you read? he said "for a tech company"
i'm pretty sure apple interviews their employers at McCafe ....

it's pretty smart imo. and a good way to impress them

It's still a stupid question because they don't really want a direct answer.

So is "why do you want to work here?." There is a relatively small number of employers that have anything going on beyond offering a paycheck.

low wage faggot. use to mcdonalds interviews?
that question is normal as fuck.

>"how many times does the pointers on a watch overlap in a day?"

recruiter told me that this question was to test my confort with silence and my approach to a "stupid" problem.

"If you couldn't be a writer, what would you do?"

Asked to me, a career writer, in an interview for a writing job.

Well considering I have no other viable skills, I guess I'd just kill myself.

>How many tennis balls fit in an Boeing type airplane?

>How many subway stations does a city like London have?

>What is the angle between the hour-hand and minute-hand of a clock at 3:15?

These are some brain teaser questions I got asked at IB interviews. They are typically asked at consulting and IB. I personally hate them. Luckily not all the companies asked this kind of stuff

I also get asked this question, I dont know why I just told them "How many jews can you fit in a car?" joke, I didn't know one of them is a kike

So what would be a "correct" answer to questions like these?

Question 3 - You can quickly calculate in your head that its between 7 and 8 degrees. Number one is stupid cause theres a huge difference between a 737 an 777 for example and why the fuck would anyone want to know this anyway. Number two - Ive only been to london once so I can say with complete certainty that there are at least 3.

>at least 3
fucking kek. re-read that.
not trainstations, subway-stations.
i'd say 50 to 60, if not more

It's 250

Be a smart arse and simply say 'as many as it needs'.

"If you were a kitchen appliance, what would be you and why?"
For a statistical analyst position, I said blender. Don't recall the reason.

hiring guaranteed

duh

In all seriousness tho my worst interview question was 'why would anyone want to work here?'

I would be a squirtle because I make all the bitches squirt.

- Tell me more about your first job decades ago.
- Do you consider this internship as professional experience?
- Why did you join company #2?
- Describe a situation where you demonstrated leadership to overcome a challenge.
- How did your career grow within that organization?
- Did you get promoted?
- Why did you leave company #2?
- What was the most fulfilling experience in company 3?
- What skills did you apply from your experince as an intern in company 1?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What can you bring to our organization?
- What's your biggest weakness?
- How much was your salary as an intern?
- Where do you see yourself five years from now?
- Who is your greatest role model?
- Describe a situation where you demonstrated teamwork.
- What made you leave company #2?
- What do you know about our organization?
- Do you know our vision mission values?
- What can you bring to our organization?

>Is there a leadership problem among students?

IB question...

No Idea

>How many Boeing type airplanes fit in your mom's cunt?

>depends on how Muslims per capita

>

They're not looking for the right answer
They're looking for logic

So for example the airplane one you could do volume
Or you could apply cheeky logic and say something true but not correct like twice as many as in a plane half the size.

Well, how many?

>to test my confort with silence
what?

it's like 10, 2 in the front, 3 in the back and five in the ashtray

bad taste desu

It's zero degrees guys.
Jesus, there is no angle

>too many
>too many
>a small ass angle

No, 2 in the front, 3 in the back and as many as you can fit in the ashtray

>no angle
It has angle you dumbfuck

Interviewed for bar job
woman asks. "If you could be any type of rock, what would it be?"
First thing that comes to my mind

"Granite"

she replies "...interesting" and writes something down on her clipboard

never did get the bar job

wrong. the answer is post-grunge rock

When can you start?

the angle is 0

What were you being recruited for, the Marines?

>they want to hear something that is not really a weakness
You are the moron, sir.

t. recruiter

you're an idiot

>"If you were an animal, what animal would you be?"
>"If you were on an island and could only bring three books, three movies, three CDs, etc., what would you bring?"
>"What is your biggest weakness?"

the fucked up questions in this thread
i would never ask any applicants them
there is no point whatsoever.
we will find out during the trial period what kind of person he is put a little pressure on a man and he shows his true colors. women need not apply.

sorry to hear that you're a recruiter in a third world shithole.
here in Germany it's a standard question, and there are tons of people saying that the only real answers are things that are not really a weakness.

next time think before you lie on an anonymous Kenyan stockbroker board

>confirmed for digital boy

god, that made me laugh.

or "you can always find room for one more"

360° / 12 = 30° ;12 due to 12 fucking hours
30° / 4 = 7.5° ;4 = 60/15

"What's your smallest Strength"

The biggest weakness question is worthless. If you have tought about it beforehand you will make up some bullshit like "i want to do everything perfect". If you are not prepared you will make up something on the spot thats not really true because who is going to admit he is a lazy fuck ?

If i ever get that question during an interview i'll answer: apples, because i'm allergic to them.

At least they know i have a sense of humor...

frankly i would just say i can't function well in standard business hours. honesty is the best if they don't want you someone else will. there is always an other place.

THE Rock.

True, but i just find it a useless question, whats the point ? Do they want to know how much you can make a bad thing sound like something good ( sales job maybe )? Do they reeeaaally want to know what your weakness is ? Idk...

Why does that sound retarded but "biggest strength" sounds ok?

>grammatically speaking

3rd hour is one quarter way around the clock
15 minutes is one quarter way around the clock

I am going to use that next time I have an interview somewhere.

But the hour hand moves throughout the hour unless you have a fancy clock where it just lurches 24 times a day.

thats why its 7.5°

Except humblebragging just makes you sound more like an asshole.

God damn, people ITT are retarded. Job interviews aren't about having the right answer, they're about showing how you reached whatever answer you gave. Saying something obviously trite like "I just work too hard, y'know?" comes off as insincere.

For example, the last interview I had, I was asked a form of that question. I gave an honest but measured answer about how my soft skills could be improved. This is a good answer because they know you're being honest, know you're not pompous, and can evaluate whether or not your soft skills really are shaky for their purpose because that's the whole point of the interview anyway, and no matter how social you are, you can always improve on something.

Needless to say I got the job.

you sick sons of bitches

i didn't come here to read /pol/, but damn i chuckled

"why shouldn't we hire you"

>honestly, because your HR person is a cunt for asking that and I don't ever want to see them again

A Homo Sapiens.

Bay Area

Subway is US
Metro or Tube for UK
Semantics make it 0

This.

During your interview, the way you react to me, determines if you get a job or not.

Retail manager with a team of 40. Don't give two fucks if you're a turtle or a lion, but if you can't hold basic conversation - I have no time for you.

Yeah dumbass. They're weeding the vast majority out. You suck balls at interview

24 times?

i want to try this one once:
>aside from me fucking your boss? no clue.

What have you done since graduating?

>tfw it's been 2 years and only had a part time job in a pub for like 4 months and some part time volunteering for a few months in an office doing basically data entry

How do I make unemployment gaps like these sound good?

You can't.

Tell the truth, but but make up some bs reasoning.
>Yeah I worked at a pub to get some people skills under my belt. Then I did some volunteering to help the community etc.
>Now I've been on the hunt for a job I could see myself 5 years from now.
Make it seem like everything you did served a purpose in your life. It makes you look like you actually know what the hell you're doing.

Thanks bro will incorporate that into my answers but what to say when they ask why you haven't been able to find a job during that time?

My real reason being due to shit tier interview skills

I live in a Western European country and I wasn't lying. But whatever you wan't to believe man.

My interview was the day prince died and after this guy shat a over me for no reason, he stopped my interview to make me look at the TV behind me to confirm that prince has died. He then asked what my favorite song was from prince. I said "little red corvette"... I got the job

> Retail manager with a team of 40. Don't give two fucks if you're a turtle or a lion, but if you can't hold basic conversation - I have no time for you.

I am thankful that I have moved past the level in my career and my interviewers simply ask me questions of substance and for the getting to know you shit we go to dinner. Being at the bottom of the chain sucks. You're so desperate and you're competing with so many other people that have nothing, the interviewers can ask these horrible questions.

If people weren't so desperate for work the proper answer would be, "why should I want to work with you or this company again?" or "thanks for your time."

Right out of college I was asked stupid questions like these when be recruited by the assholes at enterprise. Even being broke as shit and living my parents at the time, I was on the fence about the job but these questions sealed the deal and I turned them down. Best decision I ever made.

I actually got asked that question in an interview.

> Gaboon viper: Easygoing, quiet, hides and blends in with the brush, but bites if you step on it (and is deadly).

> Well, we'll take care not to step on you user.

Hired.

Not complete on topic but
>Interviewing for a network engineer position
>Passed all the bullshit phone interviews and I'm sitting in a room with the CTO and engineering lead
>About 45 minutes in they start asking me oddly specific questions that all have common themes and patterns
>I eventually wring it out of them that they've been fishing ideas from me about various projects they have going on for a customer
>Tell them that if they want to keep talking about that then can either wait until I'm an employee or bring me on as an independent contractor
>"Oh, the position you're interviewing for doesn't exist yet but is in the budget for next year. We'll keep you in our files and get back to you."

Fucking scumbags.

Disgusting.

For some. I'm a hiring manager at Comcast (administrative/operations,) I want a real weakness, because anyone who says they don't have one, or try to do a backwards complement on themselves are lacking in integrity.

It's an automatic DQ in my mind.

My weakness: I am a cruel sadist who enjoys the suffering of others.

So I would be a perfect fit in your Customer Service department.

Kek, wasn't expecting that.

>And yes, you would be
>I won't hire internally from that side of the house

>If you had to make a resume of your failures, what would you put on it?
>What kind of fruit would you say you are.

I work there now lel

>What kind of fruit would you say you are.
That was one we used to have. Best response I've ever heard? "Elton John."

We all laughed hard, but had to DQ him because "corporate culture of diversity."

what about the other standard response, "I struggle with x, but I have taken y steps to alleviate this issue"?

Wow no wonder all your employees are complete retards. They put the autist on a power trip in charge of hiring. The only purpose that question has is to see how people react to being put on the spot and weed out the idiots who stammer and drool when you ask it

good taste user

>Comcast
>screens potential employees who don't have integrity
bretty good meme

i concur with , good taste

"do u lie" or "erotic city" here, but "little red corvette" is another major favorite

>Can you pass a drug test?

What is the importance of a business keeping track of its fixed assets and capital expenditure?

Had no idea.

What is the difference between a duck?

>you can't read
>employers are dime a dozen with no compelling reasons to work for them
>ask a stupid question anyway
yeah, _I'm_ the dumbass

They do want to hear real weaknesses but one's that aren't that bad relative to the position you're applying to.

E.g. "I'm a bit uncomfortable talking in front of a large group of people" is okay for a sysadmin. Not so much for a tourist animator.

That should be illegal. Probably is.

That's actually the preferred type of answer. It shows that a person can acknowledge a weakness and is proactive in fixing the problem.

I work in administration and operations. We handle payroll, benefits, scheduling and personnel. The purpose behind the question isn't to weed out the drooling morons, we don't get applicants in my department who are drooling morons. You're thinking customer care.

Yes, because when you're talking $50m every two weeks in payroll, you want to hire people without integrity. Again, I'm not customer care (which is also why my department, as a matter of policy, rejects any and all internal applicants from care. Fuck those guys.)

I'm a human because humans are animals :^)

You're hired.

The worst is when they ask this question in a shit-tier absolutely minimum wagecuck McJob with zero prospects beyond a very slow series of promotions with some luck.
Even worse if it is clear you are not currently working or have been out of work for 3 months or more

And you apply for being a cleaner or janitor or something, and they ask you 'so, why do you want to work here?'
>the fucking money, man. I'm eating Ramen 5 times a day.
or 'what attracted you to this job?'
>the fact it was advertised? This was just one of the ads I have been relentlessly bombarding with phonecalls and emails since eating Ramen 5 times a day.

I don’t know what answer they are looking for.
'well, sir, I've always had a passion for cleaning toilets and picking up trash. I love the smell of bleach in the morning. It smells like victory. The victory of killing 99.9% of germs.'

would "stubborn and obsessive" be a good response, in the context of tech companies?