ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jLnknD5_ghc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Whats the most versatile fragrances from Jo Malone? I'm fixin' to cop a bottle

How is Egra compared to GIT in terms of longevity and projection? Is it a good clone?

Any other suggestions from the Rasasi house while I'm already paying for the shipping of one bottle?

can the guy who makes new threads stop using anime shit

what is GIT

Green Irish Tweed

No.

la yuqawam
Zebra
Leopard
Al wisam day
hawas
daarej

Are smoky frags good for smoky weather? Like if there’s literally brush fires throughout the whole region should I go with a smoky frag?

I'm pretty sure they're a garbage house; there are just some pretty photos of their products online.

I'll back this list for the most part . Look into Crocodile as a decent Sauvage clone. I'm not personally huge on Daarej but it's decent for what it's trying to be.

>complains about a single anime picture at the end of each thread
Where do you think you are, friend?

On the topic of Rasasi, has anyone tried pic related yet, or do I have to be the first to blind buy the set?

Is Fahrenheit a good choice if I'm wearing a black fur jacket and harness boots like Squall?
pls no bully.

to be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Dior Fahrenheit. The scent is extremely avant-garde, and without a solid grasp of theoretical perfumery, most of the notes will go over a typical wearer's head.

>Jo Malone
Curious, why are you set on this one house?

U

Haha, LA here. I wore Aventus today and I never wear that out, so I did.

lime, basil and mandarin
oud & bergamot
pomegranate noir

don't listen to their layering bs

Apoketer Tepe - Holy Mountain
Naomi Goodsir - Bois D'Ascese
Le Labo - Patchouli 24

What are your guys' favorite vetivers? So far I've only tried creed original vetiver. How does it compare to others?

Woman fucking love this on man. Hard to find a original to buy...

i like encre noir a lot but its winter exclusive, and like night time winter in certain clothes only

Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver is really nice. It's clean/versatile.

OV is a very fresh interpretation with added ginger and citrus. It has grown on me over time.

Top 5:
Route du Vétiver (full disclosure: I have only tried the 100ml vintage in the red bottle - smoky, intense, or vetiver lovers only)
Guerlain Vetiver (same but with ribbed bottle - straddles green and smoky deftly, tobacco is very prominent with this batch)
Sycomore - slightly smoky, comforting and smooth as butter
Encre Noire Sport - retains all the rooty, earthy goodness of the original and makes it infinitely more wearable with a ray of citrus sunshine
Vetiver Ambrato - High class af and a touch of sweetness. Not powdery enough to bug me.

>*for vetiver lovers only

Have you tried Guerlain Vetiver Extreme? They say it is a modern take on the original and I'm thinking about blind buying.

How much and where do you spray EdP? I'm afraid I will smell too much, I want it to be subtle but still noticable if you're close. So hard to tell since you can't really tell how much you smell. If it makes any difference I got a Tom Ford private blend EdP.

Really? You think it might be?

Chad Miasma or bust 5 sprays at least.

I have a sample and have only tried it once, and not a serious wearing at that. I remember thinking it was very close to my ribbed bottle, but that's it. I'll try to give it a better sniffing soon.

Curious to try pic related

Totally depends on which fragrance.

Thoughts?

I really like it since longevity is pretty good and that cinnamon note is excellent, but idk if I really need it and Burberry London even though London has eh performance.

Fuck

That being said seemed a bit too sweet at times

Opinions on this? I don't use cologne and have heard this is a good one.

congrats you found us, stick around if you dont want shit frags

It’s alright. I generally prefer it’s flankers, either A*Men Pure Havane or Pure Malt, myself. I think they’re much more interesting fragrances. The original A*Men isn’t bad, though, a lot of people like it, it just isn’t really for me.

Definitely try Pure Malt and Pure Havane as well, see what you think.

stupid fucking bottle but i love the smell of this

Versace The Dreamer or Mont Blanc Individuel for everyday use in winter?

how is the tarragon in it? is it noticeable?

i actually dont know what tarragon smells like but all i know it smells good and people compliment me that it smells good.

AND ZE WAIT BEGINS OwO

The malt one sounds interesting.

Even though Armani Code is mainly a clubbing scent, could it work as a casual winter frag, if I'm careful on the sprays? Maybe just one each shoulder or something like that?

It’s nice stuff. Smells kind of like a whiskey cocktail with a bit of fruit in it., but not over the top girly fruit, more of a dried fruit. Dries down into more of a woody-malty subtly sweet scent.

I will never EVER buy one of these just because of that bottle. Aren't they /arab/ tier anyway?

Vetiver extraordinaire- a sharp and "angular" vetiver. Cleanly powerful instead of being earthy/salty

I hope in vain I'll never go down the rabbit hole like you have. Please update us on what you think.

Also, I do understand that they are very strong attars, but I still can't justify that price for 1ml.

Will do :P

Mugler is not Arab-tier. Also, there is a refillable metal version of the A*Men bottle that’s much nicer. You could just buy Pure Malt, cut it out of the plastic shit, and put it in the metal case.

what is /arab/ tier?

Turns out Bois de Mystere is a Straight To Heaven clone. I am little disappointed because after the last few releases it looked like they were trying to clone vintage batches of beloved fragrances that you cannot get anymore.
youtube.com/watch?v=jLnknD5_ghc

lads....original forumulation ch men is literally the goat

The type of fragrances Arabs usually wear. Usually very loud scents, often a lot of rose and oud combinations. Also stuff like 1 Million that greasy Arabs/Indians/Persians wear to cover their BO.

Should I get a sample of it?

tobacco vanille :^)

Also not Arab tier. I don’t think you know that means.

lol all the brown people around here wear tobacco vanille and tuscan leather and amber absolute, sorry TF fanboy

Wrong. They wear clones of TV and TL because brown people are cheap.

Back with a quick update, a few hours in. I'm sorry to say it but this rabbit hole is worth it. The reviews already out speak more precisely than I could. They are delicious, not gourmand delicious, but after inhaling deeply for a few seconds you kinda get this trail entering your sinuses and it almost has a mouthfeel to it, hard to explain but for me that's a good sign of a damn fine scent. For a moment it feels like it could just take over.

Come join me down the rabbit hole.

Also will come back after wearing both for a few days, compare it to iris and Violet in other scents I have, so far the difference in depth and nuances are almost staggering.

God my nose was fucking burning sitting nexts to some sand people today

My dad has the cologne in your pic OP. Fits him but doesnt fit me

why would they clone such a shit frag

Dammit. I really really want to like this. Guerlain makes some awesome fragrances and age be damned, but this is one of the first of their offerings that is indeed just old smelling to me. Dusty opening, that patchouki mid, and then a good powdery dry down but it takes all day to get to that sweet spot. Not for me, but gonna try sport and EDT as well.

Try HR L'eau

what are some non arab tier fragrances?

This is like a tropical flanker of aventus

CDG 2? Yay or nay?

I love me some mature scents, but agreed on all counts, except for the powder. Way too powdery for me. It's been a while since I've tried it, though.

Yay

name a better winter frag than 2 man, I'll wait.

Pure Malt

Opinions on this fragrance?
I love this scent.

how long can i reasonably expect a bottle of perfume to last? does it age?

It really depends. Anywhere from 8-12 sprays per ml is a good rule of thumb. Personally I never have needed to spray more than 5 for one wearing, and that's really on the high end. So just kinda do that math.

That being said if you have a rotation of frags then it'll last you a good long time. I bought 70 ml of d&g pour homme probably 3-4 years ago and wore it on warmer days in rotation with burberry Brit summer and I still have a fair amount.

Some people claim perfume gets stronger as the alcohol evaporates and thus it ages, but on the flip side it can grow stale. Generally though you won't notice any aging if kept in a cool dry place.

On the christmas list, I really like it too. I have been just sniffing my empty sample bottle for a week now. Its actually been making me second guess it, but its because im only getting the top notes. the peppery heart and clean dry down are my favorite parts. Probably going to be my first signature scent.
I also have discovered smelling both my empty tam dao and empty wonderwood sample at the same time produced an amazing scent, I really want to layer them on my skin. Really smooths out and warms up wonderwood to have that sandlewood in there.

Herod
Roja Enigma
Back to Black

Has anyone tried Burberry Brit Rhythm? I was on the fence about buying a cheap used bottle my friend has. Does it smell anything like Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme?

As said, average atomizer puts out 0.1ml/spray, and my average application is 3-4 sprays/application. I have bottles from the 80s that still smell great, and all I do is not store them in a sunny windowsill or my car for long periods of time.

I have a bottle from years ago, before I really got into fragrances. I liked it then, now I don’t so much. I get mostly leather and tonka, but it also has this weird synthetic plastic kind of smell to it. I guess it’s a safe enough scent for most people, fairly generic, but I’m not really a fan.

A powerful winter scent. Starts off with a strong herbal quality (tar, mint, and patchouli) with background sweetness that settles down after about 2 hours, after which the sweetness is much more prominent and it becomes very chocolatey. I personally love it as much as I love the flankers. Something about it being quite sweet but also very masculine.

I wanr to smell 90s in the best way

What frags do this?

Ah! what would you suggest as an alternative fragrance as I currently wear Burberry Brit rhythm daily

CK One

Platinum Égoïste or Pasha de Cartier

I can't recommend cK One as the current formulation doesn't resemble the original at all and is thus not 90s.

Well, if you like it, keep wearing it. I don’t love it, though I don’t think it’s terrible, but that doesn’t mean you have to stop liking it.

As for what else to wear, really depends on what you like. I’d go down to a Sephora, pick out some frags that interest you, and get samples. Learn about what notes you like and which ones you don’t, and go from there.

saw creed silver mountain water 4 oz for 170$ cop or not? Never smelled it before

I wouldn’t. SMW has a metallic note that rubs a lot of people wrong way. Also, Al-Rehab Silver is a cheap clone that smells nearly identical.

Xerjoff Mefisto is also a similar scent that’s much, much better. If you’re gonna go high-end on a scent like this one, Mefisto’s the one to go for.

With zero other criteria, there can be only one choice: Égoïste.

No, Imperial Millesime is way better.

this was one of the biggest disappointments. it has this nauseating salty smell (not pleasant salty like you're at a nice beach or something, it's like melting a watermelon jolly rancher and dumping a salt shaker into it)

Is 170 a good price though?

Huh. So this is the most wrong person in history.

Neat.

It’s a pretty good price. The question is; is getting something you don’t like at a good price really a bargain?

Is Nasomatto Pardon worth 150 Maplebux?

>egoiste

smells like crotch sweat mixed with motor fluid

no nasomattos are worth anything other than a sample for novelty's sake. meme niche extraits are a waste of money

Rec me a chad/dyel frag, sempaitachi

Can someone explain me the appeal of Kouros?

I wear perfumes to attract thots, but none of them liked Kouros, they think it's disgusting.