Meaning of life?

dump all arguments and counter-arguments related to the meaning of life or lack thereof. I want to be completely pulled apart by the two arguements.

There isn't one. It's just chance that we're here and alive. Pleasure is nice though, so go and have fun, and remember the universal rule of life: Don't be a dick.

read the myth of sisyphus

it btfos meaning of life

you can just occupy yourself with meaningless stuff until you die or you can cry over it being meaningless, either way you die so the first option sound more wise

Life.
Pronunciation: /līf/

The condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death

this
of course nobody uses the ancient aristotelian argument but it's no less valid now than it was hundreds of years ago
>life ought to do what life is best at
>individual lives ought to do what individuals lives are best at
>these qualities can be discerned by what the individual has which other people do not, or what humans have and plants/animals do not
>these are typically high pattern cognition, socioemotional, and spacial manipulations abilities (fore, mid, and hindbrain)
>the forebrain is the biggest and most distinguished, ergo the zenith of striving behavior
>ergo, each person ought to use it well for something

tldr: the meaning of life is asking and struggling to answer "what is the meaning of life"

To exist and know God.

Existence in that way is eternal life - with God bestowing boundless joy over you.

This biological view on life is true/exists. We are life and our biological propose is to survive and reproduce. I believe though as humans we are capable of rejecting that biological meaning if life and finding our own.

Only I haven't found any yet that are meaningful or as obvious. Suggestions?

Indeed humans have the power to control their thoughts and instincts - you can create your own purpose, but if you won't pick any the natural ones will kick in just in order to assure reproduction - so that maybe at least your offspring will make a purpose out of their lives.

As a suggestion I can only tell you to follow the truth - no point to go with an artificial meaning if the truth came on earth, unless you really want to - you're free to do so.
Check orthodox church.

To actualize what is incorruptible and eternal in a universe of change, decay, and corruption.

In other words, self-perfection.

To transcend the conditionality of matter. Not to reject it outright but to shine through it.

thaank you.

back2reddit

The tendency of biological systems to survive and eventually reproduce doesn't have anything to do with a meaning or "propose", it just happens to be that way. If life wasn't that way, there wouldn't be life to begin with. Organisms survive and reproduce precisely because their predecessors did survive and reproduce (since this kind of behavior will be carried on in the genetic code), if they didn't life wouldn't exist.

>Meaning of life

To live dumbass.

To find it. There isn't one that is universally valid, so you need to give meaning to your life. How you do it it's up to you, but doing things you enjoy and spending time with people you care for while trying to do good deeds tends to be a good way to do it

Depends on who you are desu

to procreate

Meaning of life is to know meaning of life.

don't overthink it
this shit gets me depressed sometimes and I don't know how to stop it from storming in my brain at random times

'Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.'

John 14:6

Everything is caused by casuality. There's no real meaning to our existence. We can think of this meaning just because we live and have the brain to think about it.
Just because our mind can reach a point doesn't mean the point is real.
We theroized god, the soul, the after-death, but all I see is a species with an efficient sense of immagination and fantasy.

>defend individual liberty
>classical liberalism

well have you tried googling it?