Watch Thread

New watch thread boys, show 'em.

I've been really admiring pic related lately, contemplating copping one. Very beautiful.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Diesel-Mens-DZ7333-Daddy-Watch/dp/B00NTN8TU8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wanted something affordable and minimal. Currently contemplating to buy a Junghans or Frederique Constant automatic.

OP here. My Nomos. I'm a sucker for German Glasshute style watches.

FC is overpriced. Junghans is really nice though, been thinking of picking up one myself.

ITT: perfume watches and other shitty quartz watches

Home with my Orient Mako Ray. Amazing cheap watch.

I have this one but with numbers

Its a bit too formal/dressy without them

>38mm

I dont wear female watches

Nice insecurities you have there, user.

Oh look the alpha male is here ! pic unrelated

Thoughts?
Got it a few days ago and i'm loving it.

very nice, how big it is ?

31x38mm approximately with a thickness of about 8mm.

tasteful shapes and dimensions

Thanks user

faggot detected

GTFO

Pic taken this summer

Casual at the office today. Going to do some work outside later.

Love the Visodate, it's on the shortlist. Currently wearing a Tissot myself, a PRS 200 that my grandfather wore as a beater that I inherited. Oddly enough I think the lume on the hour and minute hands are upside down. The ones on the dial markers are fine,but I always see the green part of the hour and minute shine under them, but not on them.

Thats fun xD. However id go check it at your local workshop and get the hands right man.

Pic related is the Orient my dad used as a beater for 40 years. My grandad bought it for him as a present for his 18th birthday. I just copped a new strap for it last week.

>foot fedora showing also

Thats a good looking watch, Orient is another brand on my shortlist. Im between a few models but wont get a Mako since i just copped a SKX 007 and probably wont do another diver for a while.

And yeah Im currently back at school but once finals are done and Im back home for break I'm gonna take it to the local watchmaker and see whats up with it. Honestly it's not a big deal to me since I dont sleep in a watch and the lume is kinda trash to begin with (I mean it's a decently old watch) but still, worth a look.

here's mine.

Ugly watch coming trough

never forget

TbH I want to know why it’s in a bank vault, if he can afford that watch surely he can afford a high enough level of security for it at home?

Some people might feel more secure having things this expensive at a professionally secured building rather than a safe in the closet at home.

Not so easy. In any casy, owning things to keep them in a bank safe is pretty sad.

Also, he could have taken the pic at a Patek dealer... you never know.

Security at home goes further than your regulsr Gruber safe in the closet, specially for the kind of wealth you are talking about.

But in any case, its true that it is not easy to keep high security levels at home and daily life in general all the time.

>patek dealer
>having a 5970 in stock in 2014

Call it Patek dealer, call it a guy that has a 5970 to sell. He had months.

>t. faggot who looks like the virgin meme

pretty pathetic if he actually arranged a meeting with a private seller just to get a photo to show on an anonymous Korean strip searching forum.

given that he already owned something else expensive based on the other posts, it's less of a stretch that he actually could afford a 5970 patek.

Not probable, but who knows.

Got this yesterday. Its like forty years old and doesn't work - gotta send it to Bulova for repair.

Tell us how it goes, since Bulova has changed hands a number of time since that watch´s time and would be great news if they still support older models.

Nive watch.

>nice

why is it so dirty

Thoughts on DW-5600?

Im 30+ and married, gimme a break.

Because it's from the 60's & the dial detiriorated with age. I find it charming.

idknlooks kinda ugly desu

My baby

that's beautiful user. i hope i can afford a lange some day

Are there any good U.S. watch manufacturers?

nice

RGM arguably, thought I don't really care for their stuff personally.

amazon.com/Diesel-Mens-DZ7333-Daddy-Watch/dp/B00NTN8TU8

thoughts?

RGM is basically the only real one today and they're very expensive and limited production and most of them are very nice watches and all but they're ass ugly. If you want to look at vintage stuff then there's lots of American brands, and even more so for pocket watches if you're into that. Timex, Bulova, Waltham, Elgin, and Hamilton were all once major American manufacturers and each one was important and interesting in its own way, but all those have been sold off and outsourced or are completely dead.

Apple desu senpai

I wear a vintage 1960's patek for the subdued old money look. Rolexes and other thick gaudy watches are for idiots

post pics faggot

I agree but the end links are shit. Other than that i love the watch on a nato

I have an orange nato for it too.

nice daniel wellington homage

Are you dutch? Because I can't imagine anyone finding that orange even remotely appealing.

Non dutch but i live in a subtropical island currently and find that orange great for sunny day fits here.

Getting this one

That's certainly true but I mean we trust our garages with expensive cars I feel like keeping it in a bank vault is excessive, however I have never owned anything within the same price range so I don't fully understand.

What reference number?

u wot m8?

trying to cope over your shitty watch brand?

As a fellow dress watch appreciator, mad respect to you.
However I must say, nice Luch homage.

I like the "vintage" petit-bourgeoisie look of watches like this one I found in a recommendations list, but I'd like one in the $40-50 quartz automatic range that actually works well.

Rolex is a boring normie brand, Patek is great because it flys under the radar for the most part.

do you consort exclusively with poorfags or something
patek is the literal opposite of "fly under the radar"

>posts watch instead of fit
hehe, you really got me there!

I need a dress watch. I'd also like some good vintage watches or classically styled watches sub $250

This is a watch thread after all.

Hey !

Most people know fuck all about watches even fairly wealthy people I know in my work and family who could afford something like a Patek or AP end up buying a TAG or Rolex because it’s recognisable.

Is this the cheapest watch that is remote business appropriate? Can one wear this with a suit? If not, can anyone suggest a cheap watch that you can wear in a business setting?

>Is this the cheapest watch that is remote business appropriate? Can one wear this with a suit? If not, can anyone suggest a cheap watch that you can wear in a business setting?

No one gives a shit anymore. Wear whatever you want.

Agree.

But its true that for example a similar Vacheron Constantin vintage is always cheaper and a bit less known (so even better).

I am even considering buying a formal Patek Quartz for full "zero fucks given" core.

Looks pretty nice desu, what’s the size and do Patek use some fancy quartz movement for it?

Thoughts?

They are not worth it, but thats the joke after all, and for sure look nice.

And the small/medium old ones are pretty affordable even not being good value.

The intelligent move for high end quartz is obviously a Grand Seiko, but who cares?

looks gay af

My nigger, I got this one a few months ago
>no pic because I sent it away

I love these sunburst dials in dress watches.
But user please, don't use expandable bracelets, get some nice leather for it.

>don't use expandable bracelets
why ?

Yes because migos is a very under the radar rap group that mentions their patrician taste in Philippe to their genius listeners.

They are trash.

Are there any good flashy looking watches that are black and gold for under $100? I tend to like diamond watches I can't afford and I'm looking for something exceptionally nice on a budget. I'd be willing to increase my budge some if need be. I'd also be willing to drop the black and gold scheme for an equally flashy look.

>and im not expecting diamonds in my price range

Increase your budget a bit and buy this

I like it, but its not flashy enough. What do they run?

I have the same bambino but white dial, silver case. Utterly fantastic watch for the price. I get lots of compliments every time I wear it.

If you're looking for 'flashy' go for an Invicta or some other shit. This watch is plenty flashy but also refined. You can usually find them for as low as $120 to $200.

Invicta seems to be the way to go for my initial purchase. I'll research my prospects and act accordingly. Do you know any other brands comparable to Invicta?

does Timex count?

What do you guys think of my Chinese knock off watch?

Picked this up the other day

very nice user
I'm waiting for my Type II quartz from Japan

give me your best lunarcore timepiece

>gmt
>no second timezone visible

uhh..

How about something like this?
Maybe changing the strap but it could work