Vintage Starter Jackets

> what do y‘all think about old starter jackets from sports teams? I‘m thinking it might be a trend next season since they are getting more popular on vintage stores.
>also how do you combine this jacket? Was thinking some light blue straight jeans cuffed up and some Hi-Sk8 Vans for that vintage look but I‘m really unsure cause I‘m new to 80-90s

Other urls found in this thread:

grailed.com/listings/2115510-Starter-90-s-Chicago-Bulls-Starter-Varsity-Jacket
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>why are you using meme arrows to ask serious questions?
>are you quoting someone else and I'm missing the point of this thread?

I love them, I think they look great and unique.

High-waisted, light blue acid wash jeans cuffed with high-top Nike Air Force 1's.

It was by mistake since I‘m on mobile, using a new App and it automatically added the arrows

I've been looking for a bulls version of this jacket for a while in M, pretty hard to find

Not the cheapest but it‘s something
grailed.com/listings/2115510-Starter-90-s-Chicago-Bulls-Starter-Varsity-Jacket

>grailed.com/listings/2115510-Starter-90-s-Chicago-Bulls-Starter-Varsity-Jacket

Yeah they're pretty pricey, I've been hoping to find a black one here in a chicago thrift store or on ebay/etsy

Vintage deadstock was big deal when streetwear got really popular in 2007/2008, I remember this line from a Cool Kids song
"So it ain't no way that I can't be dope / Olympic 7s with the Expos Starter coat / Or the Chalk Line Raiders jacket"
Then they started remaking starter jackets in 2013 (pic related)
So if you think they're gonna be popular again next year, you might be right, it's happened recently

Oops

Legit effay

I have this exact jacket and I love it.

what goes well with a timberwolves jacket? also where do you find these vintage jackets?

Great Starter fan here. Have a Marlins satin bomber, today I'm gonna cop a LA Kings black/white reversible, and have like 5 to sell, apart form an assortment of pull-over jackets, windbreakers and what-nots.

I wear them with 90s high waisted light indigo or black jeans and 80s track pants if the colors go along nicely. Any dad shoes are okey.

Don't know much about the rarity of individual pieces, in my country they are very rare in general, but I suppose they'll keep on scalating. There's hardly any other satin bombers with that level of detail, craft and materials.

Beaut right there. I have a Milwaukee brewers dugout jacket I can post later.

Ugh the Dad shoe meme. When is this going to end. I guess do you though. I personally like wearing them with any high top sneaker.

>wearing one of these of a team you don't support

ISHYGDDT

I have this exact jacket in large, it's from the 80's so fits like medium, hmu if anyone interested

where do you get these? looking for authentic vintage ones, they're great normcore pieces.

Selling LA Dodgers jacket size Small brand new

i want to wear one of these but i'm afraid someone will try to talk to me about football

>Afraid someone will talk to me

Fucking autists.

it's the football part that worries me

If you weren't an autist this would be very easy to deflect. Just think of something or tell the truth. "Oh, ha actually so and so just bought the jacket for me, I don't follow the team, sorry"

you just cured my autism

if you wear a team's apparel without being an actual fan you should honestly kill yourself. what is the average age in this thread, 17?

MUH STOLEN VALOR

Fuck you guys my response was well thought out and I want more (You)s

pretty much, retard. it's the equivalent of wearing those meme metallica or iron maiden t shirts without ever having heard a single song by them, but somehow even more embarrassing. i hope some guy from southie notices your celtics jacket and tries to strike up a conversation only to realize you're a faggot with no interest other than le 90s kid xD.
you're fake as fuck. also buying starter shit was a meme 8 year ago, i'm not kidding

I've been saying this shit since the beginning of the year. Just haven't worked myself up to invest in one

I love the fact that they make you appear bigger (wider shoulders)

>You're not allowed to wear this article of clothing because you're not a REAL sports fan!
God you fags are the worst.

Old NFL Starter jackets were dope.

god damnit i just ordered this last night :(

ebay and instagram

why do these only exist in L/XL reeeee

To everyone asking where to get these check your local vintage store.

if you live in virginia NYC pr L.A go to round two

Also any vintage snapback collectors

>being a shrimplet

Beyond that, these should fit big and puffy so keep that in mind.