General Aesthetic Inspo

Fashion and Non-Fashion (interiors, art, etc.) allowed

These threads just confuse me. What are they supposed to inspire?

your senses

Aesthetic

>on a fashion board
>doesn't understand aesthetic

That's very vague.

Like what is a picture of a supercar supposed to inspire
or a rose in a bag
or some guy drinking coffee
or some guy swinging a chair? What?
or some surreal painting
or some religious painting
or a close up of a building

>That's very vague.
yeah. do you need someone to hold your hand and lead you to the point?

Please do just once. I've always been baffled by the stuff I see on tumblr blogs.

>That's very vague
Art is vague. I feel your sentiment and I kinda agree a lot of people pull inspiration of nothing just to boost their ego but it's just how shit is.

is this trolling or is this guy serious holy shit

grab a piece of paper and draw a portrait of your mother from memory. where do you start? do you start with the boundaries of her face? the features, starting from the eyes and working your way down to the chin? if you find it simple and you can draw it from memory first try, then I dunno what to say, however many many many creatives need certain clues to trigger ideas that would help them complete a task that they may find very difficult. For me in particular, these images are meant to inspire or set foundations for ideas I want to work on in the future. Rome wasn't built in a day, in the same way it takes some musicians years and years to create an album, it's not because they're sitting in an empty room waiting for something to hit them, but because there's a process to exploring what you want to convey in your project and how you can use your chosen "media" or tools to convey it.
If you're on Veeky Forums and you cant find what colours would look best together on an outfit, or how to balance items for an occasion (weight, size, texture etc.) these threads are perfect for finding and sharing ideas. You just have to look

p good explanation

why are you guys attempting to explain such a simple concept that 100% of people on a fucking fashion forum should understand to a retard?

What ideas? What project?

Also, elaborate next time why you post these images, why have you saved them, how did you come across them, why do you like them (any particular elements?), how you are incorporating them or how do you want to incorporate them in your outfits. Communicate clearly. Explain your ideas. These threads shouldn't be mere image dumps.

>These threads shouldn't be mere image dumps.
Then why didnt you just say that instead of getting that user to explain the whole process?
Why dont you lead by example instead of spending energy being a critic?
>What ideas? What project?
nigga, read the post again!

I'm not the same user you were talking to before.
Again, in what way are these images inspiring you? What ideas? What goal do you have in mind?

oh my fucking god hhahahah

when I saw I thought they were being a little harsh but this is 100% total inability to into fashion

holy shit RIP Veeky Forums lmao let's go colonize sufu and b& the idiots

>or some guy swinging a chair? What?
kinda like this picture, but different. get it? also that "some guy" is antonin artaud

you can't come up with your own interpretations of images? that's like going into an art exhibit and needing the artist to walk around with you and explain everything. it would definitely give you some better understanding of the art but in the majority of cases this is impossible. You're left alone to interpret it, and in that there is a lot of freedom and room for creativity; use these images to expand your own horizons without any explicit description of someone else's interpretation of the pictures

talking about one in particular that interests you is fine, but if you need every picture to be here for an easily explainable reason, you're just not getting it

that pic KEK

You misunderstand me? I want to hear YOUR interpretation of it. I go the the art exhibit with my friend. I see him mesmerized by, let's say, a sculpture and I ask him: why are you so mesmerized? It's about sharing experiences and starting a conversation.

>Caravaggio

My nigga

No one wants to do that. sharing elaborate opinions is something newfags do

we're not your friend

explaining art is gay. it defeats the purpose imo

>These threads just confuse me. What is external stimulus? Could someone wipe my ass please?

that's Osamu Dazai though not unnamed.

A. CHAL is effay as fuck

not to sound overly hippy-ish but you ever get a vibe form someone you do/don't mesh with? Art can be the same in that way.

Or maybe you like whats being depicted and was a direct 1to1 of whatever that is for you. (coffee)

Maybe the color pallate is pleasing to the eye or you find looking at the geometric bits of something enjoyable (building)
the whole point is that it is what you make of it. yeah people get douchy, and quick about it, but some of the stuff is just your vibe~
Personally I find a lot of inspiration for shapes -
that might fit my body type - that I could incorporate into drawings in these threads or like another poster said it helps me branch away form the all black meme.

get a hobby

It's inspirational material. It's not supposed to be taken for face value. Not something that can just be glanced at. Rather, you have to think about it. Take some time to absorb the colors and be inspired.

feelings of self loathing that you'll never be able to obtain these things so you can better starve yourself to death

>No one wants to do that. sharing elaborate opinions is something newfags do
>we're not your friend
>explaining art is gay. it defeats the purpose imo
Absurd reactions.

And the fact that you people get almost offended by the question "Can you explain what you like about this", is more telling of you than of the people making the complaint.