Check local charity shops for like the first time ever

>check local charity shops for like the first time ever
>find a 70/30 wool/cashmere dark grey Tommy Nutter overcoat for £8.99 in perfect condition

lol

Nice

nice shit OP, I too have been blessed with amazing thrifts.

Thrifting is 70% of my wardrobe and 50% of my income.

It's an amazing time for it.

What are some good tips if I want to make some extra cash thrifting?

What the fuck? Where do you live?

In my area, thrifting died about five years ago.

buy things then sell them

Good places for trifting in Paris except the market at Porte de Clignancourt ?

Fuck man, so few left that I can't tell you sorry. Better chance to score in elsewhere in France or online.

Learn to shop by texture/feel over sight, buy in bulk/hit at least 11 thrift stores in a day instead of spacing it out, usually thwy restock mid week/wednesdays so try then.
Brusbane.

Yeah I have noticed in the past 3 years

like they are closing down?

or there are just so many people thrifting that it's impossible to find anything good?

I haven't noticed anything different but I live in a small coastal town

>mfw I live in the charity shop capital of the west midlands

>In my area, thrifting died about five years ago.
It's really place dependent. Fifteen or 20 years ago, you could still find a lot of great stuff, but now most of the stuff you'll find is going to be junk from the 90s and early 2000s (if not newer, fast fashion has had a large impact on thrift stores). And never mind the increased competition. In my town, my biggest competition are the guys who resell the good stuff (I tend to just buy for personal use). That said, you can still find good stuff if you're looking constantly and if you're knowledgeable. The best time to look is still the start of the new year, when all the stuff people have donated for tax write offs make it into stores.

Basically the stuff that you get while thrifting that is high quality will be 15-30 years old, so thrifting is now into the "1987-2002 zone" ie the period of maybe the worst quality high end goods in human history. Don't get me wrong, in eg the 1960s there were a ton of horrible plastic suits and shirts but they were bought by plebs and didn't get resold when old, just melted down; HOWEVER at the same time everyone who could afford it still bought good high-quality goods and these were generally available, unlike now when 98% of cloth is trash tier quality.

Thrifting has also become more popular due to hipsterism, so it's more vultures picking at fewer corpses.

I work in a thrift shop, 95% of the men's stuff we get is either size XXL, or Primark-tier.
I've got some good cops in my time here though; a Barbour coat, a pair of Solovair boots, some good basics.
A big part of thrifting is finding a shop where the staff are clueless enough to not take the good stuff for themselves.

awesome, really hope i can get on your level someday legit, reselling sounds like a good business

I copped these two for 55$.
The Nike boots were practically new.

Jesus what size are those boots? 5?

it's probably like a size 9 or 9.5 you can see how short the toebox is to the width of the top of the boot

i've gotten almost my entire wardrobe from thrift stores, gotten some stans, an allsaints bomber, brand new allen edwards clarks, cole haans, other dad stuff, and just got a furlined coat the other day for like %8
it's just so fun man

I live in NYC and even here there is a lot of good stuff. People like to say that thrifting is dead but if you go about once a week you're bound to have good finds every once in while. My most recent cop is a cashmere brooks brothers sweater which I'm very happy about

I used to buy a bunch of Takahiromiyashita TheSoloist, Yohji and Issey off thrift stores when I lived near Tokyo.

Thrifting is magical.

Same here (raked in $90 this month because of Christmas)
What website/storefront do you use?

Portland, OR is unironically the best place in the world for thrift store fashion.

Good luck surviving all the crunchy lefties