What does Veeky Forums think about rings for men?

What does Veeky Forums think about rings for men?

are you married?
then yes
you're not?
get married

what the fuck kind of question...you shouldn't have an opinion about something this simple

retarded faggot

im glad you signed your post :)

what are you trying to say
>try not using the vocab of a 13 year old COD player

im trying to say suck my fat cunt

unless you're a mob boss, one is enough. and DON'T couple this shit with your fucking off white hoodies or supreme long sleeves you look like a fucking dickhead. streetwear, or classy. you can't be both

streetwear + rings go well together dude

yeah what the frick dude

Jewelry of all kinds is way more applicable than Veeky Forums likes to think.

always surprised by the incredibly conservative view most anons on Veeky Forums seem to have on jewelry in general, whether it be rings, necklaces, earrings, piercings, whatever
threads are always asking about jewelry for men
as if there should be any difference for men women anyone else
unless you were born different or had some sort of accident we all have fingers and ears and necks and wrists and toes and ankles and whatnot

let go of the idea of masculinity
social constructs like gender are something for you to play with, not be played by

>family is a social construct, you can fuck your family all you want
>law is a social construct, disregard it by all means
>the only nonsocial construct is the ego and it's will

if you're a man be masculine
if you're a woman be feminine
it is very simple
fulfill your god-given role on this earth

Good post
Also the object should always be to dress for yourself and not for others. To be truly effay, you gotta be comfortable in your own skin.

this is exactly why you should not fuck your family. I sometimes fear consanguinity might be the source of all of humanities god-given issues.

Shoo shoo, back to freshman philosophy

go away

this guy gets it. no effeminate Veeky Forumsggot with IQ 105 will be able to prove this wrong

It's not quite as simple as letting go of masculinity writ large. Jewelry was masculine for a long damn time in the west before the 20th century, and though the acceptable forms changed with the times, they never really went away until recently.

Really, contemporary masculinity is too often so afraid of getting labeled gay, that it's turned into a caricature.

So long as you look and act masculine and you don't wear one on every finger you'll be fine.

>post Veeky Forums rings

>pointing out that something is a social construct = saying you should comepletely disregard it
lmao ok dude

also >implying
>we shouldn't think about why we think it's wrong to fuck family or why laws exist

what about class rings, Veeky Forums?

i feel like theyre not well recieved generally
>if you went to a respectable school
wow lol hes so uninteresting that having attended x ivy for 4 years is that important to him
>if you went to an okay or shitty school
lol whats the point of a class ring if you didnt go to an ivy (or non american equivalent)

imo its ustified if you have something to gain from letting people know what school you went to (lawyer is first thing that comes to mind)

>HNNNG MASCULINITY IS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT
Yeah, a social construct that developed in almost every single culture since culture started. How did the idea of masculinity become so ubiquitous? Did every human just think of it at the same time and then just go with it because it sounded cool? It's almost like it has something to do with biology...

pointing out that something is a social construct =/= "social constructs...are something for you to play with"

Said nothing about it being wrong to think about social constructs. But viewing them as nothing and tossing them aside at whim makes existence in a society impossible at all.

okay for married people, freemasons and super bowl champions

yeah I think unless you're a cool old man you can't wear it around all the time, but it seems like a nice thing to wear at business meetings etc

I feel like you getting a class ring should be based more upon status. If you're a lawyer or a medical doctor, you spent so much time in school and it's such a huge part of your life that it's justifiable. High school class rings are a scam and if you're an art major nobody gives a fuck about your schooling since they know it's worthless.

All wrong. It's not about setting; it's about the mindset behind it.

Wearing class rings as a way of showing off the status of the school you went to as a way of furthering an image of yourself is cringe. Doesn't matter the setting -- probably even worse in business/corporate settings because it's even easier to see through to the motive. That's what resumes are for.

However, wearing class rings because you have a genuine love/pride for the institution and when you put the ring on it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside because it's a token that represents an important formative stage in your life is OK. Doesn't even matter if it's a high school. As long as you wear it for genuine reasons it's cool. People can tell if you are just trying to show off.

>People can tell if you are just trying to show off.
This is the only thing people will assume.

>people should wear whatever makes them happy
nu-Veeky Forums get out

Only if they've never felt that kind of attachment to an institution before. E.g. most lower-class people. In which case who gives a fuck.

Not giving a fuck about what other people think about you wearing is basically the core of what I'm getting at.

>Only if they've never felt that kind of attachment to an institution before.
Yeah, no. People see class rings as status symbols only. That's just what class rings mean now.

>Not giving a fuck about what other people think about you wearing is basically the core of what I'm getting at.
Then why did you draw a distinction between wearing a ring for pride and wearing one for status? If not giving a fuck is the whole point, then it literally doesn't matter why you're wearing it.

I think that you might not know what you're trying to get at.

>Yeah, no. People see class rings as status symbols only. That's just what class rings mean now.
Maybe, but if that's what you believe then isn't the answer simple? If you're in a setting where you are trying to make yourself look good, you shouldn't wear it. Unless you want to be perceived as a show-off.

But I don't think that's the case.

>If not giving a fuck is the whole point, then it literally doesn't matter why you're wearing it.
You can still care about what other people think of you generally while not caring about their opinion towards a singular aspect of you (i.e. wearing the ring). This is obvious if you think about it;
>you care about what your mother thinks of you as a person
>yet you can simultaneously not care about the fact she thinks the new expensive designer shoes you just bought look stupid
>this is because while you care about your mother and her opinions, you recognise she is flawed and so not all her opinions should have weight to you
Better yet, your mother will be able to tell you don't care what she thinks about your cares and she will view it as a redeeming quality about you.

...your mother will be able to tell you don't care what she thinks about your shoes*

trust me this board is just full of whimps who don't have the balls to rock anything that'll make them stand out, but still come to a fucking fashion board. It's why the waywt threads are full of people in new balances and white tees.

>wearing class rings because you have a genuine love/pride for the institution
>loving an institution
lol
i love the legal entity i paid huge sums of money to in exchange for good and services. i hold geniune feelings toward this institution. i associate personally important formative years of my life with the institution i was paying at the time, not with the people i spent that time with. this is a core part of my identity.

>every single culture since culture started
patently false. the fact that the idea of masculinity isn't universal is actually the reason we can say that binary (man/woman) concepts of gender aren't essential in human life, unlike, say, the need for two fertile, sexually mature members of male and female sex in order to concieve a child.

>It's almost like it has something to do with biology...
yeah no shit dingus gender is related to sex literally who is arguing otherwise

>pipin about the biology
>ignoring the fact that testosterone levels vary between every single man you come across
alright sound one mate

This is jewlrey for men.
Gold rings are for mercharts and yuppies.

More example of "male jewlrey"

Autism

More male jewlrey

i beg to differ :3
>i'm sorry i had to say that cliche, i heard it in a movie or tv show.

calling osha

>clink clank clink clank
that looks so uncomfortable lmao

also
>the multiple reflections behind him

Only if it's:

Wedding band
Familial heirloom
One you made yourself

Rings are great
Got pic related coming once staatsballett ships out, Avery and his gf heavily influemce my style. This ring is super meaningful and personal to me.

>gender is a social construct
Hahahaha
Wrong

t.dunning Kruger annoying teenager
Wow dude, you seem so wise and knowledgeable! Please be our friend!

Finger-candy? I hardly know Candy
lel xD

faggot kill yourself

Most men just can't pull off rings, hell I'm not even going to try because I'll most likely fail, but that's the only reason why some of us shouldn't wear rings.

what's the reasoning behind this?

Not the guy you replied to, but:

>>law is a social construct, disregard it by all means
Poor attempt. You literally have no valid arguements here buddyboy, considering laws get changed all the time if they don't work, enough people find them oppressive or disagree with them, etc.

The whole point of social constructs is that they change with the society, and as such are fleeting. Dragging incest into this is almost as stupid and desperate as pulling the Hitler card in a discussion about morality.

>if you're a man be masculine
>if you're a woman be feminine

Both those terms are defined as much by social and cultural factors as biological factors, and therefore aren't set in stone but are instead open to change and interpretation.

in other words, fuck off

fuck off ethan you fat cunt

Completely indifferent. It works on some people, not so much for others.

I think the only problem with it culturally, is that it easily communicates vanity. But who cares

great counterargument babe

This is so cringeworthy. If you actually pursue an interest more arduous than being a shelf stocker you'll realize how idiotic you sound.

Just kiss already and get the fuck out with your "gender is a social construct" vs "God-given roles" bullshit.

Rings are great, but they are realy hard to pull off. No matter how minimalistic or bold your take on them is.

Link to buy this one?

it doesnt even have to be about masculinity at all but i think people make it that way

if u think rings look cool then wear them if you dont then dont

lol i dont think u know what philosophy is

even tho i think rings are cool i always kind of thought ppl who wore their HS grad rings to be kind of sperggy

yeah that post was more about university class rings. I'm graduating soon, but I don't want to get one if I'm never going to wear it

I do love my college but I think it might come off like a status move to people. I go to an Ivy League school. we don't even have a "ring culture" or whatever like many universities in the south so I think this might be a bad call for me

I always get Margiela rings on sale.

nice meme words you are so smart

Manchild please

>god
Yup, logic thrown away right there.
You don't have to be masculine to be a man
You don't have to be feminine to be a woman
If you and most people think it looks good on you. That means you pulled it off even a small number of people thinks you're a "fag" for wearing rings

He needs to cut his fucking nails.

Steven Avery?

shoo shoo

I bought this ring too but you sound fucking gay

/clap

This. Men with big rings look like they are gangsters.

I really like snake rings, but they're always either tacky/ugly or extremely expensive...

>reasoning
>Veeky Forums

The ego should rule

damn those hips

If ur attractive u can pull anything off :^)

it developed in every culture yes but the fact that the ELEMENTS of masculinity/femininity varies between each is what makes us say this, you brainlet.

Same but with lion rings. I feel like all animal rings are tacky, but maybe that's the point.

RIP

Alright, not that edgy garbage you posted tho

truest statement i've seen in a long time. summed it all up. good style is looking good and standing out. thats it. the second part is never mentioned here ever. standing out is key especially if you're not traditionally good looking and tryna get pussy. standing out takes courage and takes time to be comfortable with. copying simplistic shit that models and actors and musicians wear aint gonna do shit for you. those people can rock garbage bags and people would still flock to their "great style".

Got a ring like this, but actual white gold.

Kinda thinking of getting this one next.

>this board is just full of whimps who don't have the balls to rock anything that'll make them stand out

I would argue that Veeky Forums stands out all the time it's just not INTENTIONAL.
I would also argue that dressing not to stand out is very important and a smart play.
You can wear biker rings IF YOU'RE A BIKER but if you're just a weedy-looking guy that has never been in a fight that won't look good, you won't just get some magic confidence that lets it look good on you.
Not everyone has the right face, body, posture, gait etc. to carry every fit and pretending it isn't so will make you look bad.

>tfw want to wear rings but I'd have to take them off and put them back on again after gym, beach, work etc.
It's not worth the hassle for something hardly anyone will notice desu

I wear rings on every finger with all kinds of fits and paint my nails

I bought this same ring but you sound like a loser lmao

Once i find a good repro of the covetus serpent ring imma wear that

Gay unless its a wedding band.

Did mummy take away for paci again? Calm down