So there is an suits thread here, lets have some nice shoes for suits

So there is an suits thread here, lets have some nice shoes for suits.

Just like the suits thread began with a picture of the absolute worst fitting suit imaginable, you're beginning the "nice shoe" thread this garbage. Keeping the tradition alive, I see.

>pic related
Wear socks with suits. In fact, always wear socks to cover you ankles unless you're wearing shorts or linen trousers or something. It looks bizarre otherwise.

I smell China

...then post something better

I'd rather wear these than yours

Awful. Gaudy.

gimme some Ann D derbies ygm

This thread is cancer.

First adequate post

Love those trousers, although they could stand to be a little longer. Not a big fan of brogues, but the color is nice.

ankles are not haram. put away your shame!

when are you planning to wear these clothes?

askandy

wrong thread

So how am I even supposed to be able to tell decent quality if I'm looking for new shoes.

I'm looking for some brown shoes in a relatively "neutral" sytle similar to but with a low budget (less than 100€ basically). What should I expect, avoid, etc?

fp
is
bp

>100
Buy second hand, factory seconds or duggers of london. You should look at leather quality at first. Sense of leather quality develops quickly when you get to feel good quality yourself. Then construction. Goodyearwelt is associated with quality shoes.

>low budget (less than 100€ basically). What should I expect, avoid, etc?
Expect cancer, avoid wearing longer than you have to, buy better shoes as soon as possible. Those shoes you linked to are John Lobb bespoke and start at something like £3500.

Meermin is probably the lowest price you can reasonably get something like a quality shoe for; their standard price for men's shoes is €160. Here's a link to a fairly similar pair: www.meermin.es/en/10153411200000se-20-101534-oak-antique-calf-e-oak.html
Be aware that unless you have narrow feet, the Elton last will probably fit half a size smaller than you're used to, e.g. if you're normally 8, go for 8.5.

You expect cheap and disposable black shoes, cheap and reliable black shoes, cheap and cheap-looking brown shoes, cheap and reliable brown suede shoes, Doc Martens, Clarks Desert Boots at that price point.

Good brown shoes are harder to come by.
Save up until you buy a Loake 1880. I may be biased but I believe Loake 1880 is an excellent cost /durability ratio in Luxury shoes.

>Loake 1880
>Luxury shoes

Brown full brogue derbies... maybe for tweed suits...

Meermin all the way, bruh.

Why dont buy something truly made in Mallorca as Lottusse or Carmina instead of that chinese made shoes? Not that they are bad but the word "Mallorca" makes the brand a bit BS-ish.

Because they're really good for their price point. Can't find European made goodyear welted shoes for 160 €. I'm currently a poor student so I'll just go for okay quality products made in China.

I understand your point. May i suggest you to check Berwick brand? They are made in mainland Spain and same price as Meermin. Might be a little less refibed finish but well, you cant have it all.

They have corrected grain leather at that price point, like loake and others. And you can't really find berwick shoes anywhere

Carmina is twice as expensive as Meermin. That person wanted shoes for less than 100 euros.

Why don't you buy bespoke John Lobb Paris?

Any good pair of dress shoes will cost you at least 500$+.

You can get the best dress shoe ever made, the Allen Edmonds Park Avenue, for less than $400.

Yeah, well... murrica strong and shit...

>Allen Edmonds
>not bulky as shit

Yes, Carmina is double price easy, but we are not talking Hyundai 20.000€ vs Mercedes 40.000€; we are talking a fistfull yuros. And i suggested Lottusse too, which is like 50€ more expensive than Meermin only. And later Berwick that is same price.

And talking about bespoke, considering John Lobb Paris isnt even real John Lobb anymore id go to Dimitri Gomez if living at Paris.

Cheers.

Pic, Dimitri Gomez.

Didnt upload the pic... trying again. Damn phone...

>best dress shoe ever made
>Allen Edmonds Park Avenue
Lol