Man growing a beard is hard. There's so many highs and lows. Starts off nice for a bit...

Man growing a beard is hard. There's so many highs and lows. Starts off nice for a bit. Then starts to look really fucking ugly after 2 months. I'm closing in on 4 months and I want to shave it ever day. Help.

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/06/120623144944.htm
uk.reuters.com/article/health-testosterone-levels-dc/mens-testosterone-levels-declined-in-last-20-years-idUKKIM16976320061031
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4223430/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17062768
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25684636
acebohealthcenter.com/articles_testosterone.htm
independent.co.uk/news/science/sperm-count-west-men-health-drop-60-per-cent-years-modern-life-a7859491.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4046332/
endocrine.org/news-room/press-release-archives/2014/reduced-testosterone-tied-to-endocrine-disrupting-chemical-exposure
scientificamerican.com/article/pesticides-may-block-male-hormones/
frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fenvs.2015.00003/full
ehp.niehs.nih.gov/0800376/
examine.com/supplements/zinc/#summary8-0
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7271365
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1868107/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2074916
derma-haarcenter.ch/files/Directory/Publikationen/Seasonality of hair loss.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

- stop having low test
- use minoxidil
- wait to get older
- transplant hair

trim it and apply a bit of pic related.

>- stop having low test
how do I achieve this

start working out. supplement vit d and zinc.
consider TRT or illegal supplementation.

Whiskey and eatin pussy.

low T was made up by broscience chads who realised they could sell garbage vitamins to betamales by undermining their sense of masculinity, and encouraged by feminists who realised they could control the same betamales by telling them that low T is caused by wanking it too much. low T isn't a thing unless you consume an insane amount of pseudohormones (e.g. a diet of literally nothing but soya drinks, tofu, and water from the cheapest of plastic bottles) or you have a legitimate disorder (in which case you see a doctor, you don't take fucking zinc to fix your broken gonads).

for better hair:
1. eat better. replace the garbage in your diet (cheese puffs, "diet" soda, etc) with real food. increase your intake of oily fish and nuts, and decrease your intake of heavily salted foodstuffs, and basically throw out all the white sugar and bleached grain in your house.
2. don't use too much shampoo. experiment a little. you want to get rid of the excess oil without stripping your scalp.
3. use a conditioner that matches your natural hair, don't buy "wavy hair conditioner" if your hair is straight, it won't do anything for you.
4. don't pull at it. I have a habit of running my hands through my hair when I'm stressed out. it noticeably increases broken hairs and split ends.
5. work out. no, seriously, literally everything to do with your body is aided by exercise: depression, skin firmness, that healthy hair shine, bone density, your immune response, your stress response, everything.
>bears, pubes, etc
A. don't shampoo every day they'll turn into a steel wool pot scrubber
B. condition often enough to keep them soft
C. apply beard oil to the beard, but keep your damn face clean or you'll get acne
>some pseudoscience
A. I have been told by profs and doctors that cold air stimulates hair follicle development. I have no idea if that is true.

good post

>low T was made up by broscience chads
sorry, but that's incorrect. here's what the science says:

>Declining testosterone levels in men not part of normal aging
sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/06/120623144944.htm

>A new study has found a “substantial” drop in U.S. men’s testosterone levels since the 1980s
uk.reuters.com/article/health-testosterone-levels-dc/mens-testosterone-levels-declined-in-last-20-years-idUKKIM16976320061031

>There is evidence of declining trends in T levels among men in recent decades
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4223430/

>A population-level decline in serum testosterone levels in American men.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17062768

>"Recent trends in testosterone testing, low testosterone levels, and testosterone treatment among Veterans."
>From 2002 to 2011 [...] the percentage of men with low T levels increased from 35.0 to 47.3%.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25684636

>Recent studies have demonstrated that hypogonadism/low testosterone in men may be more prevalent than previously thought
acebohealthcenter.com/articles_testosterone.htm

>Sperm counts in the West plunge by 60% in 40 years as ‘modern life’ damages men’s health
independent.co.uk/news/science/sperm-count-west-men-health-drop-60-per-cent-years-modern-life-a7859491.html

---
>unless you consume an insane amount of pseudohormones
no, the problem is everywhere.

>"Exposure to Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals and Male Reproductive Health"
>Due to temporal downward trends in semen quality and testosterone levels and increased rates of testicular cancers among adult male populations, scientific researchers, and the general public have become increasingly concerned regarding the potential risk of endocrine disrupting chemicals to men’s reproductive health
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4046332/

>"Reduced Testosterone Tied to Endocrine-disrupting Chemical Exposure"
>We found evidence reduced levels of circulating testosterone were associated with increased phthalate exposure in several key populations, including boys ages 6-12, and men and women ages 40-60.
endocrine.org/news-room/press-release-archives/2014/reduced-testosterone-tied-to-endocrine-disrupting-chemical-exposure

>Many agricultural pesticides disrupt male hormones, according to new tests
>Thirty out of 37 widely used pesticides tested by the group blocked or mimicked male hormones
>Our results indicate that systematic testing for anti-androgenic activity of currently used pesticides is urgently required
>the pesticides most prevalent in the human population have effects on the androgen receptor. [...] Considering all the evidence that human male reproduction is exhibiting troubling secular trends, this is highly troubling
scientificamerican.com/article/pesticides-may-block-male-hormones/

>"Estrogenic and anti-androgenic endocrine disrupting chemicals and their impact on the male reproductive system"
>It has been shown that the primary source of human and animal exposure is the diet since the population is exposed to EDCs mainly through ingestion of contaminated food or water
>In humans, it has been demonstrated a positive correlation between BPA and total/free testosterone values in men and that BPA is related to lower FSH concentrations
>Studies of the last decade strongly support that male reproductive health has been deteriorating, and reproductive effects after developmental exposure to mixtures of environmental EDCs have been observed both shortly after birth, in puberty, and in young adulthood.
frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fenvs.2015.00003/full

>"Bisphenol A Data in NHANES Suggest Longer than Expected Half-Life, Substantial Nonfood Exposure, or Both"
>Risk assessments for BPA have been based in part on evidence that food is the primary, and almost exclusive, exposure source, and that rapid and complete BPA elimination occurs after exposure. The persistence of population BPA levels despite extended fasting appears to contradict this evidence
ehp.niehs.nih.gov/0800376/

also see greater-than-additive toxic compound effects.

---
>Why zinc is good for you, if you suspect you have low testosterone:
examine.com/supplements/zinc/#summary8-0

>you don't take fucking zinc to fix your broken gonads
however, the science says:
>Infertile men who also have low testosterone (less than 4.8ng/mL) experience an increase in testosterone following zinc supplementation
>T and DHT rose significantly after oral administration of zinc, as did the sperm count.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7271365

---
>cold air stimulates hair follicle development
depends on the extent. cold restricts bloodflow to the affected areas. that does not aid growth.
cold air, acting as an environmental stressor, should contribute to stress-induced hair loss.
please see:
>"Stress and the Hair Follicle"
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1868107/

but also:
>Scalp cooling by cold air for the prevention of chemotherapy-induced alopecia.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2074916

and:
>"Seasonality of Hair Shedding in Healthy Women Complaining of Hair Loss"
derma-haarcenter.ch/files/Directory/Publikationen/Seasonality of hair loss.pdf

---

tl;dr:
global test declines are real. most likely culprits are lack of exercise, obesity, smoking, and endocrine disruptors. the sources of endocrine disruptors are numerous, and not restricted to people consuming "insane amounts" of anything. the compound effect of things like BPA and pesticides is unknown, but possibly serious and epidemic.

minoxidil will help facial hair as well as scalp hair. individual follicle transplants are getting cheaper every day. zinc and vitamin d are great supplements for testosterone levels. there is some evidence for biotin aiding hair quality. avoiding high-GI foods will help prevent hair loss, based off the evidence re. the endocrine influence of glucose spikes on hair follicles.

~

ignore this sucker, i don't excercise and drink soy like u wudn't believe & my beard is mad lucious, i literally look like a white bin laden

>2018
>actually striving for facial hair

Do you realize i would literally undergo procedures to have my face never grow hair again? It's impractical. It's like stubborn unibrow hair - nobody wants it. You'll notice the aspect of ones life is garbage and in shambles if he isn't required to shave his face daily. You'll notice he is half of a man. He's a "man".

I eat clean 5 days a week + do calisthenics, stopped eating soy products/tap water and my beard has been thick as fuck the last two years.

I'm even getting chest hair now which is cool.

it's almost like some people don't think the same way you do

use minoxidil

very original

Onions, bro
Look it up on Veeky Forums

Depends on what kind of beard you're going for, OP.

If you want a respectably manly amount of volume, you really do need to just leave it alone. By 4 months you should have enough volume to have it trimmed and styled a certain way, but not always - some beards grow faster than others.

I condition mine most days with about a quarter's worth of pure castor oil. I also train the mustache portion of my beard whenever I get out of the shower (I just take a fine comb and part the mustache sideways so the hairs gradually become swept away to the side, instead of curling down over/into my mouth).

It would help if you posted an example of your desired beard, and your current progress.

>reddit spacing
downvoted

Not that guy and I also don't have a reddit account, but unironically fuck off.

His post is readable. that's probably why he formatted it that way, dumb cunt. stop shitting up the board with your retarded reddit boogeyman meme.

>not that guy
>uses reddit spacing

>you
>getting it
>pick one