Can we celebrate the triumph over the attempt to push a Vatican II on the Orthodox Church?

Can we celebrate the triumph over the attempt to push a Vatican II on the Orthodox Church?

>The document affirms love and peace as the church's ideals, criticizes racism, inequality, moral degradation and "liberal globalism" -- it's an agenda as conservative as it is anodyne.

>Yet the Council could have changed the Orthodox churches' ossified attitude toward the rest of Cristendom, which has not changed since the Dark Ages. To Orthodox Christians, all other denominations are heresies, not churches. Some steps toward more ecumenism and more openness would already constitute serious progress for what is now the most conservative of Christian denominations. Patriarch Bartholomew, a friend of Pope Francis's, was determined to push it through.

Thankfully, it looks like his agenda has failed.

bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-16/the-orthodox-church-stays-in-the-dark-ages

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AE1FzSC8DBs
themoscowtimes.com/opinion/article/illusions-gone-im-leaving-russia/502173.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Raza_Cósmica
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedevacantism
grandlodge.gr/αθηναγόρας/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>criticizes racism, inequality
>conservative

>being conservative means hatting niggers and oppressing women

Welp, however you feel about it, it's dead now.

Yes.

Niggers are literally monkeys and women should listen to man.

>check other articles by him

>"The Myth of Germany's EU Dominance"
>"Islamic State State Is Just an Umbrella Brand for Hate"
>"Orland Tragedy Proves Trump Wrong, Not Right"
>tons of other anti-Putin/Trump/Euro right butthurt

Sounds like the guy I want to see get BTFO. Good work to the Eastern Orthodox.

>bershidky

Why must /pol/ always be right?

And yet again, the faith of Christ was truthfully preserved. Makes me happy and proud.

Also

youtube.com/watch?v=AE1FzSC8DBs

What about the turkish domination of orthodox church.
I'm sure it had some effect on it.

>turkish domination of orthodox church.

wut?

Such as?

Cuck status
[] cucked
[X] uncucked

Why do Jews always criticize Christians, but never criticize radical Judaism like that rabbi who said "goyim exist to serve us"?
Or maybe they do and I'm unaware of it?
I don't know, but it looks awfully hypcritical.

>why

Do you really need to ask?

Why does the Anti-Defamation League constantly demand America accept more and more and more immigrants, yep stay completely silent on the rather strict immigration policy of the state they exist to defend? Why do they demand America have gay marriage, but stay silent on Israel only allowing marriage through religion?

Why do you think?

I think I'll end up converting to orthodoxy. Vatican II is more than enough proof that the gates of Hades have prevailed against the CC. Ortho church might have lost her capital Constantinople to the Turks, but that is merely a worldly good; at least it she hasn't lost her soul. The story of Job teaches that God tests the ones he love the most. Even under the harshest circumstances however she has preserved her the faith, while the RCC, having all the money, power and influence to fight the world, has capitulated to the spirit of the world. It's heart breaking but true, every honest person must admit. Only lukewarm, crypto atheists and liberals approve of Varitan II.

Excuse me for the typos. I'm on my phone.

>Ortho church might have lost her capital
Our capital is Mount Athos. The monastics are the heart of the Church

>The story of Job teaches that God tests the ones he love the most.
Amen
"If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you."

Catholic Mexicans moving to America is far, far different than Muslim Arabs moving into Israel and you know it. One can almost perfectly assimilate, the other has a literal death wish against Jews.

The Gospel is for all nations, friend. And the absolute rampant excesses of neoliberal greed we see in the world today are anathema to Christian teaching.

Satan has been enthroned in the Vatican since V2.
Even so, the Eastern Church is still legally in schism since 1453.
We really need to fix the Western Church and reunite with the Eastern Churches, we did it before in 1439, I'm sure we can do it again.

Council of Florence II when?

>at least it she hasn't lost her soul
She has ever since the anti-westerns in the Orthodox Church and the Turkish Sultan ordered the Eastern Church back in Schism.
The Roman Church is in a dire place, but she is still the One true Church and nothing's going to change that.
We can only fight and pray against the heresy in our Mother Church.

Mass immigration always means death for the native population. Be it mass immigration of Anglos to America and Australia or of Arabs and negroes to Europe.

I thought the original Palestinian terrorists were all Christian and commie?

Israel has strict laws against immigrants from all nations. The Anti-Defamation League opposes the U.S. having laws restricting Muslim immigration. It's okay for Israel to feel threatened by Muslim immigrants, but not for the U.S.?

>The Eastern Church is not communion with Satan so they are schismatics
Really?

>Our capital is Mount Athos.
No, it's the first see. Monks on that island trying to be mouth-piece of the Church is uncanonical.

>back in Schism.
Technically, the schism never got mended, since it wasn't ratified by the eastern synods(which was a obligatory step).

Yes, because the Church itself is not Satanic, but the people within it who is trying to destroy it are.

>No, it's the first see.
That's purely a formality, and one that can be freely shifted to any other See.

> Monks on that island trying to be mouth-piece of the Church is uncanonical.
Don't know whether or not you realize this, but most of the writings the Church uses to settle doctrinal disputes come out of monasteries.

So a bunch of irrelevant slavs and greeks stay irrelevant?

Shocking news.

How can you have Satan sitting on the throne (your own words) and not admit that Hades has prevailed against it? Vatican was not a lucky coup by a minority. The majority of bishops voted it, the majority embraces it. Pope Francis was elected by the college of cardinals knowing full well who he is. The Vatican isn't under siege or the pope kidnapped like in other times. It's the very bishops and supposed successors of the apostles that are doing this. mean, I don't know what else they need to do to convince you other than downright changing the symbolism to stereotypical Laveyan satanism or Judaism or Islam.

Me too

Gotta love Vatican II

>The Church regards with esteem also the Moslems. They adore the one God, living and subsisting in Himself; merciful and all- powerful, the Creator of heaven and earth,(5) who has spoken to men; they take pains to submit wholeheartedly to even His inscrutable decrees, just as Abraham, with whom the faith of Islam takes pleasure in linking itself, submitted to God. Though they do not acknowledge Jesus as God, they revere Him as a prophet. They also honor Mary, His virgin Mother; at times they even call on her with devotion. In addition, they await the day of judgment when God will render their deserts to all those who have been raised up from the dead. Finally, they value the moral life and worship God especially through prayer, almsgiving and fasting.

-Nostra aetate

>But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator. In the first place amongst these there are the Muslims, who, professing to hold the faith of Abraham, along with us adore the one and merciful God, who on the last day will judge mankind.
-Lumen gentium

>Jewonid Jewshidsky

Bump for the glory and the beauty of the one true Eastern Orthodox Church.

Matt Heimcuck pls go

Brother Nathanael (the redpilled jew wo LARPs as an orthodox priest for some reason) was also reprimanded IIRC and the orthocucks said they're against racism explicitly

jesus was a jew

Where you at Catholicucks?? Too busy washing/kissing/licking refugee feet???

You people make me SICK to the stomach. Catholicuckoldry, not even once. Not even not even once. A less than zero number of times if it was possible.

Considering how the concept of racism was invented by communists and criticism of inequality is associated with the left. Yes, a conservative criticizing racism and inequality is not a true conservative.

Oh, look, another Christcuck thread.

themoscowtimes.com/opinion/article/illusions-gone-im-leaving-russia/502173.html

>here I should make another confession: despite my knowledge of foreign languages and my Jewish ethnicity...

The thing about Jews and Russia is that they still feel anger at Russian people over the pogroms of the late XIXth and early XXth centuries. Even after they sent millions of Russians to their death when they leaded the Soviet Union, even after they looted Russia and sent Russia to poverty of crime and prostitution in the 1990s, it was not enough. Jews will only feel satisfied in their revenge over uncle Schlomo store being burned in Kishinev when Russia is destroyed, when Siberia is taken over by the Chinese and Russian women are shit upon by Arab Sheikhs in Dubai.

That's how these "Russian" Jews who live in the West and write about Russia feels. That's how they shouldn't be trusted on any issue concerning Russia and Orthodoxy.

Go lick some refugee feet

Mexicans also have a death wish against whites.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Raza_Cósmica

>can almost perfectly assimilate

But they don't, they set up their ghettos and the crime rate goes up

Orthodoxy is a failure.

Consider that it is not very "universal", in the sense that Protestantism or Catholicism are. Whereas Catholicism and Protestantism have gained a foothold on a diverse number of different peoples in various regions (the Americas, Europe, Asia, Africa) across ethnic lines, the Orthodox churches continue to be overwhelmingly ethnic: that is, most members are of Eastern European persuasion (Greeks, Russians, Ukrainians, other Slavs and Balkans). It's status as an ethnic religion also lowers its status somewhat in that most people only ever embrace the religion more as a sign of cultural pride than actual religious devotion. For example, despite Russia's purported "Orthodox revival", actual church attendance is extremely low, and most people only ever admit to being Orthodox because doing so is part of the Russian 'identity', not because they particularly put their stock in the belief.

What few converts they obtain are invariably history afficionados (what would be called LARPers here); their very ethnic nature prevents most people from wanting to join or convert, and that won't change despite the lip-service here and there from some higher-ups, because in all honesty, all the members - from lay people to leaders - want it to remain the ethnic club they are accustomed to have.

As a religion, it has failed.

Religion is not a brand. Faith is not a pastime.

May the Lord have mercy upon your ignorance.

Orthodox Christianity is the true, authentic faith of Christ. Whether or you think it's "marketing is not so good" is irrelevant.

>One can almost perfectly assimilate
i suppose getting beheaded isn't that different from getting shot

>Religion is not a brand
>Faith is not a pastime.

Yes it is.

>Orthodox Christianity is the true, authentic faith of Christ

As if countless denominations didn't say the same exact thing every single day; some of them on this very board. The entire "only we represent God's will!" is such a tired and hollow phrase: why would anyone believe you, when the Catholics, the myriad of Protestant denominations, the Oriental Churches, and Muslims all claim the same? Can you give a real reason besides "m-muh tradition"?

>Whether or you think it's "marketing is not so good" is irrelevant.

On the other hand, it's of utmost relevance. Religions die, and with them goes their deity. Yours is nothing special, and will vanish one day. The important thing, however, is that the Catholics and Protestants will be remembered for having had large followings, whereas the Orthodox churches will be remembered as only being an ethnic club.

>As if countless denominations didn't say the same exact thing every single day
Orthodoxy has better claim to that title than most, and I say this as a lapsed Catholic. I don't think anyone can seriously question that the Patriarch of Rome went rogue in declaring himself more important than the other patriarchs. I think it was ultimately beneficial, because a strong central authority is important in a religion and Orthodoxy lacks that, but Catholicism and its various offshoots are not the Christian Church as it was originally intended.

>Religions die, and with them goes their deity.
Not quickly. Judaism, Zoroastrianism, Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, Taoism... I honestly can't think of many religious denominations that have well and truly died out. I'm pretty sure even Manichaeism is still a thing, though I'm not certain. We've even have a few Celtic/Brythonic pagans around, even if they're retarded, and though they're few in number there are still folks who claim to worship the Hellenic pantheon. Granted you don't see many Messalians or Cathars around these days, and you probably won't find anyone profession the old Egyptian or Mesopotamian faiths, but religion seems fairly static as far as anything in our world can be static.

I told you the Russian Chruch was going to have none of that ecumenism.

This.

Stick the tip of your penis into boiling water and see how that feels. Once you have finished screaming and screaming and screaming then imagine how that feels all over your body. Your whole penis, including under your foreskin, your eyeballs right to the back, your armpits, your face, in between your toes, the backs of your arms, your testicles, the inside of your butthole all submerged in boiling hot fire, forever and ever, for billions and billions and billions of years, for infinite numbers of years, beyond your counting, for all eternity.

That's the choice you are making when you decide not to join the Orthodox Church.

>Some steps toward more ecumenism and more openness would already constitute serious progress for what is now the most conservative of Christian denominations.
Ahem

>As if countless denominations didn't say the same exact thing every single day

It doesn't matter what they say.

The Orthodox Church is the most authentic, that's a historical fact.

>godcucks

christianity was a mistake

>The Orthodox Church is the most authentic, that's a historical fact
Just because your particular socio-religious construct stopped completely developing at one point in history doesn't make it anymore "authentic" faith-wise than compared to any other christian church out there

Ask an orthodox christian how to be saved.

They have no clue.

They say "join my church".

>They have no clue.

That's not true. Every Orthodox Christian knows salvation is through theosis only. You don't even need to be a member of the Church to achieve theosis. That is the true way of Christ.

Unlike the Catholic sect where you have to "join and pay taxes to go to heaven".

>theosis

In Eastern Orthodoxy deification (theosis) is a transformative process whose goal is likeness to or union with God. As a process of transformation, theosis is brought about by the effects of katharsis (purification of mind and body) and theoria ('illumination' with the 'vision' of God).

Everyone who believes this is going to end up in hell.

>Everyone who believes this is going to end up in hell.

okay, Satan

>theosis

Literally satanic. Literally Gnosticism.

Kek, Catholics to Orthodox are what Protestants to Catholics. Labeling their innovations as if they are original doctrine, and deeming everyone who doesn't kowtow to them to hell.

Yes, if you believe that, which is found NOWHERE in the bible, you are going to end up with your father, satan, in hell, forever.

Enjoy!

orthodox christianity is an ethnonationalist reactionary movement, nothing more

>found NOWHERE in the bible

Keep lying, Satan.

>Philippians 3:9
>Romans 5:1

Salvation is through faith, and faith alone.

Orthodox Christianity is the less innovative form of Christianity, not totally pure, but the closest.

Catholics on the other hand changed the doctrine again and again and again and again. Sometimes accepted the things which it fought against(for example filioque)

Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodox are two legs on the same statue.

That statue ends up like this:

Daniel 2
You watched while a stone was cut out without hands, which struck the image on its feet of iron and clay, and broke them in pieces. Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver, and the gold were crushed together, and became like chaff from the summer threshing floors; the wind carried them away so that no trace of them was found. And the stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.

So you changed from "theosis", a purely satanic Luciferian doctrine, to mumbling something about "faith".

Having faith will not save you.

Everyone has faith.

You don't know how to be saved, ergo you're not saved.

>almost perfectly assimilate
No

t. San Antonio

>Everyone has faith.

No.

Theosis is the path of faith. It is the only way to salvation.

Lord have mercy, you don't know what you're saying.

I just got back from Greece and you should know that Christianity is EVERYWHERE there. It is everywhere and it is there in the most beautiful way. Icons are in every store, beautiful little chapels (with open doors) are hiding all around Athens and every girl with a bit of class has a cross around her neck. I was in the hotel watching TV (which I couldn't understand) but they actually showed a famous YouTube video of an Israeli politician talking shit about African refugees, then cut to scenes of the Turkish army doing drills on the Aegean coast, then cut to scenes of ISIS then to a photo of Elder Paisios. This was on channel 6 or 7 in the heart of Athens, their biggest city. Greece is based as hell and the people devout AND educated.

Anyway, I came back home and I'm in shock as to how hidden away and taboo Christianity is in the US. I miss those icons, they are truly holy works of art. Go to Greece, and pay attention to the faith there. It will make you live God more. That country has tremendous faith and it is definitely because of their Church tbqh

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that the US is godless and pagan compared to Greece.

He better explain this

>has not changed since the Dark Ages

The Eastern Orthodox church didn't exist during the dark ages.

This. The Eastern Church didn't exist until the Donation of Constantine threw them into a political hissy fit.

>the dark ages
>real

What the hell is Vatican II?

Second Vatican Council aka the liberalization of the Catholic Church

It's a Catholic Ecumenical Council of the 1960's that, among other things, recognized all Orthodox sacraments and the Orthodox as a church (the Orthodox still, technically, do not recognized the Catholics as a church, but only as a heresy), and said the baptism of all Christians is valid (Orthodox still only recognize Orthodox baptisms as valid, any prior baptism to conversion only becomes valid when you convert).

Who sedevacantist here?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedevacantism

>if I don't agree with the Pope, then he's not the Pope
Do you consider any of his Sacraments valid?

Jews have this eternal grudge against the Germans as well.
What we see everywhere now is an agenda which aims at the total destruction of both the Russians and Westerners.

The purest is gnosticism.

Gnosticism doesn't even acknowledge Jesus to be the Christ of the Old Testament, so not technically Christian

Thank you.
I've seen this word a couple of times recently on different right winged media.
Does it have anything to do with the situation told by Bella Dodd in her book called School of Darkness - communist sleeper agents infiltrating Catholic offices and shifting ther views to the left?

I remember when I was considering to become a teacher of Catholic religion. I was in the process of rediscovering my faith and at first I was enthusiastic about my choice. I talked to the priest who oversaw the course and there I noticed his hostility towards mysticism. I was a bit taken aback by his scepticism, but at first I thought it was because he didn't want it to be conflated with New Age stuff.

But then when I met the bishop of my region. An eye opening experience.
He was only interested in my parents jobs and if they had done the sacraments. I felt like I couldn't talk to him about some of the most profound mystical experiences I've had in life. That seemed to be irrelevant, these most transformative moments in my life.
I left that night making an excuse and never returned to the classes again.
I abandoned catholicism, but I didn't abandon spirituality.

I remember how out of place I felt, moreso than I ever was in any other group, and even there I felt out of place.
There was truly something toxic about the environment.

I'm still searching. I feel there's something about orthodoxy and how indeed at its core there is theosis.
The very fact the meaning of life is union with God and how "being part of the Church" isn't constitutive of salvation, that speaks more to me than this communist party tier logic of the Vatican.

I don't know if it was communist, but it was probably Freemason. Look up Propaganda Due, for instance: they were very, very anticommunist, but they also infiltrated the Church. John Paul was also very, very anticomunist, but he kissed the Quran.

Masons are more the elite globalist cronies of the West than the USSR.

No

No it's Jews forcing the Church to act, it's not Commies. After WWII, the Jews became powerful enough to do this.

Also it's no coincidence that the Ecumenical Patriarch (Athenogoras) who did more than anyone else to reconcile Rome and the Orthodox Church, was later confirmed to be a Freemason. He was the one who lifted the anathemas, and Mount Athos consequently struck him from their prayers.

>Be catholic.
>Be orthodox.
>Go to hell.

>do this
I mean "to put pressure on the Church to modernize"

Honestly, I'm not an expert on the topic but this is what I suspect. If the Jews wanted to they could use their media power to do to Catholicism what they are now doing to Islam.

>the liberals who already disagree with us are mad at us

who confirmed this, and where?

Thanks for answers again.
Interesting, I'll certainly look deeper into this topic (freemasons also).
There was another story I've read where a man suddenly died on the street and his briefcase was observed. It contained documents on the same topic: infiltrating the Catholic Church and using it for a group's own purpose.
The alleged documents were collected and published as a book, titled something like the A238 Documents. Sounds like a typical hoax story, but stranger things happened, right?
Anyone knows anything about this?

I wouldn't be surprised though, the Catholic Church has been objectively shifting to the left beginning with the second half of the century, it is especially obvious with the present pope.

>Communists
>Not being just another subgroup of the international Jewery
I just didn't want to reveal my power level, senpai.

A Freemason lodges lists him as a "famous member"
>Patriarch Athenagoras was a Mason, a member of lodge «Αρμονία»[8]

source?

It wouldn't surprise me. Roberto Calvi was a Mason who had very close ties with the Vatican and was murdered by his fellow Masons to ensure a cover up. Carmine Pecorelli was a journalist from the same lodge who was also murdered in the coverup.

It truly feels like this is a Manichean war between Masons and the community of Christ...

And I'm still not sure which side I should be on.

It's on their site
grandlodge.gr/αθηναγόρας/

I can't read Greek, but Constantine quoted and translated it before