Why did N&F, Nudie, and A.P.C. fall out of favor?

Why did N&F, Nudie, and A.P.C. fall out of favor?

nobody cares about late 2000s scandinavian minimalism/lumberjack hipster-core anymore, which are the main aesthetics these brands tried to push

though on Veeky Forums you would never be able to tell because >laggard

What do people care about now? Genuinely curious.

just stick with levis.

Because nobody can tell how high quality your jeans are, because they look like regular fucking jeans.

Why wear expensive clothes if nobody is gonna jerk you off for it?

Also momotaro, ironheart, and PBJ are better than n&f, nudies, and apc

>Also momotaro, ironheart, and PBJ are better than n&f, nudies, and apc

and three times the price?

I thought the biggest thing now that everyone's axistically screeching about is how to not wear jeans

trousers. jeans are for ugly men

Diminishing returns are still returns my friend. Those who are seriously on the spectrum about denim are going to pay more, and those who dont care are just going to buy jeans from pacsun.

Ive got a pair of n&f jeans, and i love them. but if i were wealthier id get a pair of thicc 24oz jeans from a japanese company.

APC has been a staple for a while now beyond just internet memes. Naked and famous and nudie tho are hot trash

They did not, lmao.

What makes them trash? I've just been reading about these brands and they seem expensive but well made. I guess N&F can be gimmicky sometimes.

N&F has some good shirts sometimes like that duckprint but I wouldn't get their standard denim, just their LE releases.

Nudie is okay but just okay and not really worth the price.

A.P.C. is pretty damn good quality imo.

Because raw denim is uncomfy and only fun if you have people to circlejerk over it with. Most people who work at denim specialty stores will talk to you about raws if you want to

Also like joggers and lighter wash jeans became trendy in the last half decade

Shitty, overpriced made in China denim. How fucking poor are you?

Tripsk, do you wanna circlejerk your clit with me?

Those look like shit

Stick the fuck away from mainline Levi's and get some LVC

Are there jeabs that don't?

From my experience,

N&F has been really hit or miss with qc for me, but their easy guy cut is nice. Nudie has low af rises and is fairly overpriced. Decent on sale, but really boring denim. APC was my first venture but rise is a bit low and stuff got too tight. I've since tried pure blue japan which is okay.

If you've got any lower body mass, I feel that anything apart from lightweight

Levis are terrible

from the look of these denim logos.
Think they should have Veeky Forums denim, where the logo is just a greentext story, personalized to that pair of pants.

Can't beat Nudie's 70 bucks sale. Good quality and price.

>expensive
>$100 for a pair

where is this meme coming from? Who are the plebs spending less than this on jeans? And where do you get them, Old Navy?

Spending money on jeans is like spending money on basic t shirt. Uniqlo U 40$ jeans does their job perfectly for a basic item and it is nothing wrong to spend 300$ on “designer’s” jeans for unique look.

Well this.

Ayyyyyy, fuck you guys. Levis are the shit.

I lift and I’ve never found a better fitting pair of jeans than Levi 541s. I’m a fan for life

because slim/skinny jeans are out of style

/thread

>2017 Dec 13
>not wearing Swedish military trousers

Will Veeky Forums ever be ahead of the game?

t. T-rex

apc is still bretty good just dont buy their stuff new, waste of $

desu i bought apc jeans because they fit me a lot better. lately especially uniqlo jeans dont fit me well at all because of their high rise and stretchy material. not sure how levis jeans are but id pay near apc/acne prices for a better fits.

I wear M59s to work. I love the cut of swedish army trousers

Are designer brands that don't specialize in denim worth the money? Like how does APC compare to Acne jeans or Margiela jeans?

Not even close nigga, I’m still top heavy

>calls someone a poorfag
>levis are """"""""""overpriced""""""""""

I almost got kicked out of university for wearing N&F jeans tucked in with no belt

This girl had an autistic screeching fit about the patch being sexist, and everyone took her side. I had to see the disciplinary committee and everything. I didn't even like the jeans, I got them on sale

What idiots. Freedom of expression and speech.

Americans are hilarious.

But that's not A.P.C.'s aesthetic.

btw I'm probably going to buy my first pair of A.P.C. jeans, is it true you have to size down because they stretch?

I quite liked the 505C, but they don't seem to be around anymore.

Department store Levis are too variable in quality, but once you get up into their U.S.A. made price range there are other options. 501 STFs are usually solid but even their washes can kind of vary.

I just bought my first pair of raw denim. N&F Deep Indigo Selvage stretch. They're super comfy, sent them off to be hemmed since I'm short. Now they fit perfectly.

People either went all in on raw denim and moved to better brands like Rogue Territory, Pure Blue Japan and Iron Heart, or they decided it wasn't worth spending $150 on jeans.

mine are old navy and they’re pretty nice

Why are you browsing Veeky Forums

Who has inseams under 30?

I think raw's are just too uncomfortable most of the time. I have a pair of N&F indigos and almost always wear a pair of black H&M jeans instead.

i got a pair of 505Cs off of ebay. really good - would've been perfect if they were shorter, need to get them hemmed. why does levi's discontinue every good cut

>tfw you've spent hundreds of dollars on single pairs of jeans/raws but only wear the same pair of $20 dickies skinny straights constantly

wish i could find a jean with the exact same dimensions as these with no weird thigh pocket and higher quality

Sort of discouraging to have it enviably blow out and develop holes. My shittastic polycotton 511's have been going strong for almost 5 years now, never seen that with 100% cotton even the spicy dyneema or kevlar blends.

Denim jackets I can get behind. I just wish more makers put pockets on their type 3's.

Size up because they shrink one size when washed if they're raw

If not raw, you're right

501 STF is the only jean.

My guess is N&F, Nudie, and APC come down at an unattractive price point. If you aren't that into jeans you can get a pair that's 75% as good for 40% of the price. Conversely, if you are into jeans, a pair that's twice as good are only a bit more expensive. The impact is less for APC I think, maybe because French labels still are seen as sexy and glamorous, at least relative to Swedish ones. Or maybe just because minimalism is in style and Nudie has the gaudiest back pocket and N&F's marketing/brand is kind of over the top.

To that point I actually scored a pair of Nudies on sale for like $60-70 plus shipping and was honestly shocked at how cheap they felt compared to even some Gustins I have (obviously I'm not a huge denim head). Worth it for the sale price but I can't imagine paying full price for that shit.

he called it university, he's not american

The hyper destroyed aesthetic is dead.

what was the appeal in paying so much money for something that ends up looking like gaudy diesel/american eagle garbage anyway

that's absolutely apc's aesthetic, they literally sell $100 t shirts how is that not the definition of scandinavian minimalism?

"scandinavian minimalism" =/= "late 2000s scandinavian minimalism/lumberjack hipster-core"

also apc is french retard

>is it true you have to size down because they stretch?
Yes. I wear a 28, so I bought a 26, and they're now a little loose.

these still make good jeans and they sell well but ppl dont post about washing raw denim in the ocean like a retard

theyre both good quality, in fact similar or better than APC. pretty much everything on Veeky Forums now seems to be completely incoherent ramblings about how everythings a meme or played out or cuck or whatever...meanwhile nobody seems to like or even be interested in anything. now i thnk about it wtf am i doing here

yeh you dont care about fashion at all, good for you but WHY ARE YOU HERE YOURE SPOILING IT. Seriously, some of us love clothes and design and fashion and, given that we dont live on a mountain in west virginia, dont consider $100 to be excessively expensive

I was actually accused of antisemitism and expelled from college for wearing a white t-shirt, they said combined with my white nikes it had undertones of racial supremacy:(

>is it true you have to size down because they stretch?

this is some of the dumbest shit to come out of the raw denim community. if you size down, then obviously the jeans will be too tight, and, being 100% cotton, they'll easily warp and stretch. i think the reason this advice became so prevalent isn't because "they stretch out" but because a lot of raw denim fits are vintage-inspired and have fuckhuge leg openings and thigh measurements that you have to size down for to get them closer to something like 511s, what is what all the retards flooding in were aware of

at the height of raw-denim mania people were sizing down 3 or 4 sizes and sitting in a warm bath in their brand new jeans.

I gotta know what university this is? Sounds crazy

This is objectively wrong. With jeans you either go above $100 or spend weeks going through thrift shops until you find deadstock from the 60s-80s when the quality was better.

Sub $100 jeans have always been a mistake ime

>i can't button the top 3 buttons, what should i do?

Did you guys ever hear that urban legend where some drunk friends put their passed out friend who had just bought some raw denim jeans into a bathtub because they heard it made them fit better and then they forgot and it cut off his circularion and he died.

that actually happened to a guy i know's sister's friend

my dad works at raw denim and saw this happen

I still wear N&F, I think they're nice. I actually wash them and try to keep them in decent shape and they hold up for a long time with heavy wear. I guess when these get too ratty for me I might just try some Levi's or something but I've gotten so used to the nice feeling of thicker heavy jeans.

I'm sure that actually happened. And you deserve it too for tucking in your shirt without a belt, that looks goofy.

Same boat.

I've stopped wearing non stretch raw denim though. Too uncomfortable.

They’re french

>its a diesel/american eagle garbage I made/faded myself

Its probably the appeal of shaping it and making it your own. I remember people drooling over contrast and “sick fades”. Similar story with vegetable tan leather and boots.

The downside ofcourse is using it offen/daily, which is why i kinda stopped bothering with it

>spaghetti stains in pockets

I've had a couple pairs of nudies and N&F before, not APC though so I can't speak for that. I was really unimpressed with them for what I as a person who was """""""""new to nice denim""""""""" considered expensive. For the price you're MUUUUUCH better off getting a pair of unbrandeds.