Should balding guys just shave it at the very first sign of recession/thinning?

Should balding guys just shave it at the very first sign of recession/thinning?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/mvfK4
reddit.com/user/finasteride4months/submitted/
express.co.uk/life-style/life/762227/hair-loss-bald-men-country
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, just because most of them are overreacting retards and maybe they'll chill the fuck out when their hair grows back

depends on the balding, ur shit doesnt look that bad so u can get away with it for a few more years, given that pic is indeed u

t. never went bald. dont talk about shit u dont know about

>tfw at the point where hairline is literally just a small patch of hair in the middle
I shave my head but you can still see how bad the hairline is.

>I shave my head but you can still see how bad the hairline is.
i have a bad hairline and i shave my head too, but i never shave it to the skin. i always do the lightest buzz possible and let it grow for iike a week or 2 and then buzz it again. i really like how the light widow's peak looks

get on finasteride tomorrow and stay on it. you literally wont see results for at least a year but keep it up and do not read anything online as the side effects truly are minimal.

The pic isn't even me but my crown is fairly similar, maybe a tad worse with some thinning above the hairline. I'm seeing the doctor on the 21st. Should I get on minox or wait a year or two on fin before trying anything?

Also thinking of dermarolling but I'm not sure if that requires a long term commitment like minox. I posted about this on r/tressless and didn't get an answer.

don't be the guy who wears hats 24/7
>tfw my uncle swims at the beach with a baseball cap because balding
>tfw shaving a head bald is not only Veeky Forums but also masculine
If i was ever forced to shave me head ie. from balding i would hope to think that i would embrace it

If fin doesn't work out for me, I think I could get used to shaving it. I might end up wearing hats more often though to avoid sunburn.

I shave my head but I have a weird head shape and that coupled with my autistic personality makes people think I'm a creep

Thought about getting a system?

What system

A hair system. It's a toupee that looks pretty real.

fin fin fin my man everything else is second best and useless without it.

>Should I get on minox or wait

You can if you want, minox may help but most people dont stick with it cus its a pain in the ass and youve got to be on it forever. minox will thicken what you already have if you use it correctly but it wont slow the progression, ie., youll be better than you would be without it but may get worse. fin can reverse, stop, or slow balding to a crawl. just think if your hairloss can stop where it is right now, even with the thinning youve got, you'd probably be pretty happy.

like I said give it YEARS though, it takes a very long time to work and dont be surprised if you have a shed or it seems to get worse at first.

i dunno what a dermarolling is but it probably doesnt work.

imgur.com/a/mvfK4 This is my hair as of about two weeks ago, I've posted this here before. I don't necesarrily want a lower hairline or anything, but I do want the thin spots on my crown and temples to fill back in. The hairline itself is maybe NW2 but the thinning kinda creates the illusion of an NW3.

Yeah that's why I want to avoid minox. I've actually seen some cases of fin where people see regrowth 4 months in, but 8-12 months is what looks normal.

Dermarolling is using this prickly thing to make small wounds on your scalp that apparently increases bloodflow and hair growth. IIRC there have been studies that show it's more effective than minox but I don't have them on hand.

>imgur.com/a/mvfK4
fin fin fin bro. all i gotta say. works great in diffuse thinners like you. also do not get your hopes up for that 4 months regrowth, you will be severely dissapointed. you should not even BEGIN to see results until 9+months, with full results not seen until 2 years or more. also keep in mind that only about a third have any regrowth at all, probably more like 10% from my experience (I'm a medical resident who's been on fin for 6 months now and am only now getting over my shed btw).

dermarolling sounds like snake oil. if you want to add something else add in nizoral but only use it once or twice a week.

reddit.com/user/finasteride4months/submitted/
This is the guy I'm referring to. His 4 month update seems a bit dubious since the lighting is way different.

I'm mildly paranoid about sides. I've read a few research papers on it and I'm not really too worried about permanent sides, but I'm just kinda worried that I'll get some sides that will force me to quit, that would be a big bummer.

don't worry about sides, they're nothing, for the minority from whom they exist they are mild, transient, and like psychological. do yourself a big favor and quit reading anything online about it.

I fretted over sides for years and held off starting it because of shit i read on the internet and oh my god how i wish i had started earlier.

This guy is 20 years old (im dead serious)

just shave it off you fucking shits,nothing less aesthetic than a balding haircut

>tfw balding and manlet
if i shave i'll look like an Auschwitz jewish kid.

shave it bro i starting losing my shit at 17 and shaved it at 21, really do look so much better now. you have to be able to pull it off, sure, but a little charisma goes a long way.

My hair was about the same when I was 20 as well.

how does one deal with such bullshit? I'm 20 and my hair is thin as shit and my baldspots are damn obvious

Use a razor too

he looks fine tho. older definitely, but still fine imo

Minoxidil really is that useless? I've been three months on it to stop thinning on my temples and front and I'm already seeing regrowth. Hair also looks overally thicker, but I still can't let the bangs grow too long cause they'll look like shit.

I thought it would be good to stay with minox for a year or so then switch to finasteride to secure what I've gained.

My hair is like this what’s going on? I’m starting to freak out

Shaving completely bald with a razor always makes guys look insecure to me. Everyone knows why you do it.

Just a normal buzz like Jason Statham or something looks pragmatic, like you’ve accepted it but are not trying to hide anything.

Looks fine

? hair thins as you get older

You should grow your hair out so it won't be noticeable.

Using products to stop balding is one of the most numale things you can do

This I remember some user saying that thin hair doesn't necessarily mean you are balding, it's just a genetical condition like any other else. Your hair might thin in your 20's and you might stay like that for the rest of your life without it getting any worse. Check Tom Hardy.

Depends on how bad it is. If it's like in your pic, then I'd say go for Minox. If it has reached a point of no return, then shave it off and own it - not much you can do without looking desperate. If you really dislike the way you look bald, then consider a hair transplant.

I've had a „receding hairline“/somewhat bald temples since birth and bought Minoxidil 2 months ago. I like my slightly receding hairline and wish it will stay this way for another few decades. Still I decided to give Minox a try, only to see if it works on the spots where there has never been visible hair - AND I wanted to see if I can grow a beard after applying it to the face.

2 months have passed now. I've got substantial growth at the temples (not that I care, that hair is probably going to fall out once I stop using Minox anyway) BUT I went from having 5 hairs on each cheek to a full beard. Not even joking. I look fantastic and received more compliments in the past 4 weeks than I have received in the 23 years before that.

TL;DR depends on your attitude, your facial structure, your balding pattern, yaddayadda

No. Half the time they're grossly over exaggerating. If it starts getting unsubtly visible though, either buzz, or finasteride.

that's what you get for being romanian, or bulgarian.

On a more serious note, is there any serious data on which ethnicities go bald the youngest?

I feel like a lot of slavs have pronounced receding hairlines, and arabs have aggressive diffuse thinning, while Germanic people often just have prominent mature hairlines.

FWIW, the early balding I've inherited probably comes from the Irish side of my family.

Should i go on the minox and fin Jew?

No clue how Europeans can have the highest rate and not be the darkest shade on the graphic.

That text and map don't make any sense together

Yeah, I noticed, see What did I expect from a British website..
express.co.uk/life-style/life/762227/hair-loss-bald-men-country

Yes shave it completely. Having hair looks good. Being bald looks good. Being on the boundary of the two looks like shit.

>male pattern balding is somewhat related to body hair

Kinda grateful I'm a hairless twink, I might avoid most of the harm.

Topp Munch hairgel, Tom Hardy is a chav

This desu. Unless you have insanely thick hair, it's going to look thin as fuck when it's wet or has retarded amounts of gel in it.

The guy does have thin hair, that's why he always keeps it short. I just don't understand how he's so autistic to make it stand out that much by applying a lot of gel.

Second this. After being put on Prozac for my incessant anxiety I no longer feared baldness. It it happens it happens and I will grow accustomed to the product I'm left with. Dealing with expectations and anxiety should be situated as a higher priority than combating baldness.

I'm Romanian and I don't know a single person in my family that has had proper hair loss until at least 55 and over

the person in the pic I posted is a slav

Dude you just gotta bite the bullet and shave it off unless you can afford a hair restoration procedure. I'm telling you, NO ONE can pull off a balding or thing hair style. It just never looks good. You may think you look bizarre or off when you shave your head for the first time, but you'll get used to it and prefer how you look after a couple weeks or so. Give it a shot.

If you grow your hair longer, try slightly slicking it with gel or pomade (or hairspray), and comb it back from the center, angling the hair back diagonally along the sides. It will probably result in a slight middle-part appearance, but similar to pic-related. It's a good way to conceal somewhat receding temples, whereas in my experience, a side-part seems to accentuate that more visibly.

yeah man like if i eer go bald i'm not going out like a chump man i'm shaving and keeping i shaven. at least i have my beard

i have like a NW2 and i shave my head. kinda big head and forehead but its like once your hairline goes back past the bottom of your scalp to the top of your forehead then shaving isnt going to make much of a difference in how you look.
it is true that some people really do look better with hair but i am a believer that either you are attractive or you arent hair (usually) isnt going to make or break you. facial structure, bone structure, head shape, and musculature are more important imo, but maybe im just a delusional hairlet

That is absolutely fine. There's plenty of guys that look good, bald. It's admittedly a very unusual look, but then you would be able to look unusually cool/attractive. Actually embracing a bald, shaven head, compared to thinning tops, is underrated even now. Personally, I will try to stick with my hair as long as it is feasible, but I wouldn't be totally shattered at the loss of my hair, if it meant embracing another different, cool style.

does it actually fuck your heart up?

If it's like that, get on fin immediately before it recedes more, it'd make it like 10 times thicker as well as maybe fill in the receded sides a bit

order at inhousepharmacy if you don't want to see a doc, it won't fuck up your sex drive nearly as much as anti-depressants as well and only a very small minority gets the low libido SE

bait reply? it's very obvious and your hair will look like straw

looks like a slav desu, anglo whites have terrible hairlines

This is nothing to worry about right

That's more common than you think, but if you are so concerned just visit the derm and get on minoxidil. It should work greatly on you since you are in the earliest stages.

So I am balding? I’m only 20 and didn’t have this last year. I don’t think so at least, do you think it could be cause from stress? Just got done with finals

it looks like that's just where your hair parts, nothing to worry about.

You are just losing some hair like 99% of white men do when they get older. Losing hair doesn't necessarily mean balding. And yeah stress can affect it, I had depression for two years and began to thin a lot on the front. Only three months on minox were enough to stop that.

IT FUCKS YOUR HAIR UP TOO
Don't start, because once you do there's no going back.

It helps for the first few months you're on it, then say for example you have other bills and christmas shit and whatever and you forget to buy it, goodbye hair you gained, and you'll start to lose hair at a faster rate than before.

t. used it and stopped

This is my crown the other night. I'm barely 23. JUST.

Whoops wrong pic.

Have something you wanna tell us, user?

it took me ten years, but this is almost where my hair is at 30. just keep it shaved real close or get a hell of a haircut that can blend it all together. feels good and i don't have to sit around in the shower shampooing my hair.

suddenly I feel that my hairline is completely fine and I shouldn't complain lol

get on fin asap

Do you think it will fix this shit? I guess it's not THAT bad if I just maintain, but I would like that to grow back in.

I'm only 19 and already go through horrible diffuse thinning (probs as a being anorexic thanks to you thinspo faggots)
Should I get on fin that young?

Is it in the MPB horseshoe pattern? Then maybe consider fin.

If not, it's probably TE. See a doctor regardless.

Bald + beard looks pretty fucking cool if you can pull it off

>tfw can't grow a beard at all

I can grow my beard but I fucking hate it. I should get all my beard hair FUE transplanted onto my head, but my beard is a bit redder and blonder than my head hair.

Here's a pic of my hairline
Do you think it looks like MBP?

I do see some minor thinning above the hairline that's not on the sides. Fin doesn't seem too bad at 19. How close to 20 are you?

>How close to 20 are you?
4 months
Btw, can fin or minox treat TE too? I'm planning to see a trichologist soon but I'm afraid they'll give me some meme advice like "go out and exercise"

Ive been dealing with hairloss for 3 years now and became depressed. I love my long hair but I just took a a overhead picture of my crown and almost threw up. I'm gonna go shave it. bless me Veeky Forums that my terrible genetics won't drive me to kill myself

Diffuse thinning?

fuck off Hector

I'm Irish and started receding at 18, maybe even earlier

This guy is not a slav.His features are way too dark.He looks like a south serb/bulgarian muslim / montenegrian.
I’m finnish but my brother in law is bulgarian and believe me there is no such thing as south slavs(balkans) 99% of them look like the modern turks.

so, just fin and I'll be fine?

literally this. had an episode about my slightly receding hairline, buzzed it all off, then calmed down and regrew it and now it looks great. get compliments for my hair and when i mention that it's receding people say they didn't notice

it actually hasn't continued to recede at all for about two years now and i think it's because i'm less stressed about it.

nah thats short enough for now, unless you want to shave it lowet that is

finasteride

>finasteride

Fin gives sides. Get this instead

Idk, with the right face you can look good without a closely shaved head too. You somehow have to embrace the serial killer style though

>imgur.com/a/mvfK4
desu that looks pretty normal for a man entering his mid 20s

hair thins as you get older

21 y/o,started balding at 19,pic related is identical to my hairline

Fin doesnt seem to work on me

Fin typically doesnt grow back the hair, but stops it from getting any worse

If you have a receding hairline, best you can usually hope for is maintenance. If you are diffusing or thinning on the crown, then you can also expect regrowth.

How do I enjoy my last week before getting on fin?

FAZE BANKS

Have sex, because your dick may never have as much vitality again like mine.

>tfw 23 and still a virgin
>tfw losing my hair before my virginity
I did kinda accidentally get an online trap gf the other day