---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/li5e5s7Chks
rickowens.eu/en/US/men/products/perfume-lamy-land
youtube.com/watch?v=xbajSZwiI7Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Seriously asking, what in your guys' opinion is the quintessential terrorwave fragrance?

Acqua de Gio

I picked up 100 ml of pic related from fragrancenet for $11. Fragrantica reviews called it a Bleu de Chanel EdT clone with decent performance. I'm typically suspicious of store scents, and I'm very critical of clones, but I copped it because who can resist the allure of a $10 bottle of Bleu?

My bottle was listed as a tester and arrived in a plain white box but came with a spray cap. First good sign - the bottom of the bottle is imprinted "Puig SA". So it's made by a large and reputable fragrance manufacturer. Next good sign - projection is immediately noticeable and reminiscent of Bleu within seconds. This fresh bottle isn't 100 percent exactly like my half-empty and mature 5 ounce bottle of Bleu, but it's definitely recognizable and it is in the same category performance wise as well.

Today is only my second wearing of Aim High, but I'm enthusiastic about my find. Try adding a bottle on to a fragnet order if you need to hit the 60 dollar free shipping mark.

Just apply a bit of gasoline on your neck and palms

La Haine
Any Unsound Ephemera
Asphalt Rainbow

Cuckage

Bleu de Cuck

L'Cuck

Drakkar Noir

youtu.be/li5e5s7Chks
Savage, love this guy one of the only reviewers that'll say he doesn't like something.

Man I really wanna order one of these knock offs just to see.

I’m tempted desu. I mean, they’re 9.00, though. There’s no way they’re gonna be good. They’re even cheaper than those Cuba knockoffs.

Do it for /frag/

DO EET BOI

Fucking rekt.

The only thing I’m scared of is that site is sketchy as fuck. Like, I know I’m getting a knockoff, that’s fine, but I’d be worried about them stealing my credit card info or some shit.

Hey Veeky Forums, is anyone able to recommend an androgynous but feminine leaning perfume for a femboy? Preferably something pretty and cute but not powdery, the sort of thing that might make a guy think “cute” or “effeminate”

Thanks

Fahrenheit or oversprayed Sauvage. Sauvage smells menacing when you spray too much, almost has an extreme BO type effect to it at that point. 2-3 sprays is panty dropper though.

Apparently you can get them on ebay. By some designer called "Chris designer" or something. Fucking memey

idk /b/ros...26 bucks is a lot of money for memes. I could probably just get one and save 10 bucks.

Dude, it’s 10 bucks. You probably have that much in change under your couch and your car seat. Just do it. It’s never not worth it for memes.

Looking for some more ink fragrances, or those that kind of smell like it suited for fall and winter.

commes des garcons 2 edp

uh so I'm a poor guy and recently got into fragrances, but I am finding out on fragrantica about how Zara's fragrances of clones of much more expensive counterpart is getting really good reviews. like price to performance ratio is one of the best. I went to the store and bought La nuit and ultra male clone.

Now I ask myself, is it even worth spending over $100 on fragrances when Zara can just make exact or similar clone of it for $10?

Reading reviews the only clone I am throughly convinced is Rasasi La Yuqawam, I don't trust positive reviews of a fragrance that much based on my past blind buy experiences.

Do you smell exact same/ count as nearly same scent from Zara?

they do wholesale so they cant really do shit to you CC unless you go with paypal

fuck off fag

Within reason, yes. It's always worth sampling the nicer stuff to make your own conclusions (buy decants and go to sephora) but it's sorta dependent on clone quality and fragrance.

Like with Creed, I can't tell the difference between pineapple vintage and aventus right down to longevity. And I know some people swear by CDMNI as an even cheaper clone. But since Zara is, well, zara... I think sampling it couldn't hurt.

And from one poor boy to another, take your time. This shit lasts a long time, and there are tons of good fragrances that aren't clones. Look at Hanae Mori him and HM. Cheap and smell awesome. Burberry London is also a favorite (and frankly what stops me from buying HIM)

Well, they’re really not the same or even particularly close, honestly. The important question, though, is are they close enough for you? If you’re satisfied with them, by all means, why spend more?

For me, personally, they don’t smell close enough, there is a very noticeable gulf in quality. They’re not necessarily bad, but not up to the standards I’m used to.

Dude, shut the fuck up, Gary.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely look to buy the hanae mori him. Any other good hidden gem ones I should know about?

I thought the Y from zara smelled pretty damn close to La nuit sample bottle I got so I just bought it because what the heck its $17

>La Yuqawam pH
Like it better than TL.

Also prefer
360º Red fM > AdG
Cubano Gold > Lay Malay
Méharées > Musc Ravageur

But
GIT > Cool Water
BdC > Tag Him pH
SMW > Al-Rehab Silver oil
Le Male > 360º White fM

tfw you've tried 70-80+ frags you finally feel happy with your collection

hypothetically I'd like to buy a full bottle of ambre nuit but that's quite overkill at this point

maybe pure malt as well but that's not so expensive

i've avoided tom ford because that's a path I probably don't need to go down

Good point.

Went with GIT because I don't wanna do the aventus meme. But I bit the bullet in this so somebody should get the aventus clone.

Or don't because it's a waste of fucking money and also I sound like a shill haha. Will post back in a week.

helmut lang edp/edc

it is powdery but not in the way you usually think of (not old lady-ish). it's lived-in, cozy and warm but at the same time sparkling clean and modern. it's just fucking perfect desu. edp is warmer, edc is cleaner.

2nd'd pretty much anything by geza schoen or mark buxton

Before you jump the gun on Ambre Nuit, might I suggest:

Ambra Aurea
Absolue Pour le Soir
Kalemat Amber
Ambre Sultan

They're all very different in styles, but I'd like to know what you think of them. I personally find the first two incredible and breathtaking.

What do we think of this one?

Could anyone please give me a quick tip because I'm terrible when it comes to fragrance. I'm looking for something flowery and possibly a bit fruity without being overly sweet, for spring/summer. I'm a big fan of rose and jasmine scent. Thank you

if my bf uses a citrusy perfume, do i have to avoid citrusy perfumes myself? should i choose something to complement it?

I know this question gets asked every single thread but which of the scents I listed below is the best for a dark and mysterious aesthetic but would also do good with girls in college?

Tom Ford Café Rose
Jo Malone Velvet Rose
Acqua Di Giò Profumo
Dior Sauvage
Lalique Encre Noir
Dior Homme Parfum
Tom Ford Black Orchid

I know some people are gonna think Dior Sauvage but I feel like that scent is just overdone by this point...

overdone in the fragrance world isn't overdone in normie world FYI

Oonly one of that list I've tried other than that is Dior homme, and I think it's a quality scent. I haven't tried Homme intense either but it is apparently much more of a deeper, mature scent

This. People think a scent is too popular and everyone is gonna be wear9ng it, but relatively few people wear fragrance regularly, and even those who really know their shit usually can’t pick out a specific scent on someone else, let alone a normie. Yes, if you go on a date with a girl and you wear Sauvage, she’s probably smelled it before, but people really over low how widely used even the most popular of scents are.

DKNY Be Delicious?

Could I use Armani code for work and in the summer if I use 1 spray? I like its roundedness

is this accurate?

what frag you retard

kiehl’s original musk

its pretty obvious from context

Im guessing by the review naming it Kiehls its probably Kiehls Musk.

I dont even know that house

>Not knowing Kiehl's Original Musk

I tried to give it a go but it just smelt like synthetic glue and made me feel sick; but girls love it, so it's up to you if you can endure it.

daytime: Dior Sauvage
nighttime: AdG Profumo

is Prada: Amber an exclusively summer fragrance? I mean I know I can wear whatever whenever but would you cologneials consider it a faux pas?

no, stop being retarded

There's no set seasons for wearing frags, even though I usually wear lighter, more flowery ones in the spring and darker, more spicy ones in the winter

The Trickster just listed his perfume on the site.

rickowens.eu/en/US/men/products/perfume-lamy-land

not rick, michele's

no ones going to buy it

My mistake.

please post your go-to cheer-me-ups

armaf craze when I'm leaving the house and cdni woman when I'm at home.

wait a second I read that as go to fragrances. Have a cute.

The Different Company Tokyo Bloom
Dior Homme Cologne
Dunhill Icon

YSL L'Homme is really fruity and even some women I know buy it for themselves

Don't be held back by trying to smell "androgynous" and not explicitly feminine, go for anything that suits you! Anything you think smells really, really yummy and cute.

Roja Enigma
Back to Black
Amongst Waves
Vagabond Prince Enchanted Forest
Creed Virgin Island Water

Thank you user :3 do you have any recommendations?

>$1700
man, fuck this guy. I bet it smells fucking average.

inb4 >MUH CAMELSKIN BOX

It's significantly brighter and more sweet than MKK. That being said, it's great value for the price.

I just bit the bullet and got myself a bell jar of MKK last week at Palais Royale. It was worth it. Besides the oft talked about musky warm glow of skin, there's a rich, powdered tapestry of warmed roses behind a veil of slightly salty dried sweat. I wish it had a more powerful projection though.

>Comfort, cozy frag
Cuir de Russie/ Santal Basmati
>Uplifting, sweet frag
Cuir Beluga
>I want to imagine I'm in an enchanted glade far away
Equipage
>Holiday feeling
Venetian bergamot
>Confidence booster
Tuscan Leather

Jesus

>I own roja enigma (which anyone can afford) and must post about it in every general

t. roja enigma poster

Dude, shut the fuck up, Gary.

>paying more for creed when you can get greet

Pleb

Looking to smell like a Christmas tree without being sickeningly sweet, just upbeat but mellow. If it lasts a long time and/or has cinnamon/cloves/etc in it, bonus. Any recommendations? What did you like or dislike about it and how does it compare to your preferred festive scent, be that preferred holiday scent candy, mint, open fire, or nostalgia flavored?

christmas tree by demeter

thanks bi I'm now super impressed with this brand

I mean it's mostly awful but Demeter's Thunderstorm turns out to be great and probably their only good fragrance

the realistic scents were a cool concept but didn't work well

apparently a perfume of literally just mixed conifer tree oils fades after a while away about as quick as the much cheaper essential oils would, just not as sweet... which is exactly what I'm looking for.

great advice.

I stand corrected. Dirt by Demeter is even more amazing. They definitely only have a few good scents though.

>Tfw Greet uses better oils than Creed.

Before you know it, Greet will have its very own shills.

Greet life. Greet supremacy.

Also I find it ironic that the knockoff brand is one letter away from being what should be Creed's True and Honest name.

thoughts on this? i liked this but lost the bottle, thinking about buying a new one or something similar to try something new.

although i loved the smell personally, one thing i didnt like is that it smelt a bit too feminine - almost like an old lady could wear it. any good alternatives with a bit more "musky" smell to make it more masculine?

>TL;DR: any good alternatives to this that are a bit more "manlier" in scent?

forgot pic

The frag that got me started on this whole journey. It was love at first smell. Wore it for the first time in years today! What a coincidence.

I really enjoy it, I just wish the longevity and projection would be a bit better. First few minutes smell a lot more alluring than the drydown. But very versatile scent that could be worn in all weather, day and night.

I don't think it's feminine at all. Not one bit. I'd venture to say it's rather masculine with its pepper and immortelle. And there is nothing I've found that's similar enough for me to warrant buying instead.

If you enjoy it so much, what are some other frags you also enjoy?

>the virgin Creed vs. the Chad Greet

I enjoy a huge range of fragrances, from both ends of what they market as feminine and masculine.

I just bought Muscs Koublai Khan recently. Some of my favourites:
Bois d'Encens (You might like this too)
Cuir de Russie
Iris Nazarena
Richwood
Songe d'un bois d'ete
Amber Aurea
Carnal Flower
Epice Marine
Vintage Opium
Chergui
Philosykos
I could go on forever! And those are only half of what's in my "travel" collection.

Is this worth the price?

Tbh no By Kilian is worth the price. Surf on the discount sites.

I mostly agree, but Back to Black is the exception for me. I think Back to Black is Kilian’s one truly great scent. All the others I’ve tried have been nice but nothing amazing and certainly not worth what they charge, but Back to Black, IMO is the best gourmand/honey/tobacco scent out there.

To whom? Not this guy.

EdT vs EdP?

Felt like the EdP's black currant note was really strong, and thus the vanilla didn't come through as well. Didn't project as well, but still ridiculous longevity. Also didn't get that nice lemon opening, but curious as to how you fags feel. (I need to try the EdP again)

Awesome thanks m8

This bad boy right here. Been using it for over a month, it's a beast undoubtedly.

Where were you when you realised Jeremy is really autistic around men?

youtube.com/watch?v=xbajSZwiI7Q

How does this compare to other oud-roses if you have any points of comparison - Oud Ispahan / Black Aoud / Oud Palao / Halfeti?

Not really, but that shouldn't stop you from buying at least the refill package if you really love it.

kek

"FELLOW COMPETITION!!! MUST MAKE SURE I PULL THE GIRLS AND GET COMPLIMENTS B4 HIM!!!11!!"

Oh vanity.

This is the fallacy of the Chad. People think that Chads are just naturally confident and don’t give a shit, but actually, they are the way they are because of how insecure they are. That Chad machismo is compensation. Don’t believe me? Get two Chads together. There’s always a Chadier Chad.

>the Virgin Chad vs. the Chad Chad

Think it is worth the extra five bucks since they are out of tester bottles?