What to cop

Thinking about copping some boots since I don't have any in my wardrobe, was looking at some Rick Owen Ramones or Fear Of God Boots but can't choose. Do any of you guys know of similar silhouettes or which of these two to cop?

bump

do not get FoG

Any reasons why? Quality wise or?

heard it is suspect. rick quality will take a dive soon as well.
honestly if you are trying to choose between these 2 very different shoes i have doubts it will be a worthwhile purchase

Just buy the ricks

They on sale are ssense.

If you want the fogs which are gay, get the weeknds shoe which is gayer but cheaper

Ramones are great. I've had mine for at least 4 years and they've held up quite well through hard wear.

FOG is fuccboi shit
Rick is patrician

>Thinking about copping some boots

If you believe that FoG and RO shoes have the same kind of silhouette, you should stay away from ramones. Otherwise you will get very disappointed by the way they'll look.

If you contemplate buying both FoG and RO products, you should forget about RO. I can tell for sure that anything made by rick would look completely out of place with your style.

Also if you believe that those are boots, you should lurk a lot more before buying anything worth more than $100. Those are sneakers. If you confuse sneakers with boots I can't even start to imagine how clueless you are. I don't mean it as an offense though, we've all started somewhere, but buying expensive things while learning the basics is the best way to end up with buyer's remorse.

Also this

I've heard that new Geo's are shittier compared to the old ones.
Is this true?
Anywhere still sell the better kind?

Aight will take this into consideration, thanks.

Short tongues or bust

fog is garbage, and you probably cant pull off ramones without looking like a meme based on this stupid question alone

>considering buying anything from jerry "the hack" lorenzostein

GET OUT REE

Any particular reason?

Personally i dig them more than the usual silhouette, feels more versatile but they havent had new versions in a while now. Also feels closer to the AF1 they took inspo from but again mostly personal preference

So it's just an aesthetic reason and not any quality difference? I do like the look of those more now that you mention it.
Wonder if there's any left floating around.

Is there a preferred place to buy new ricks shoes?
I mean, not grailed and ebay etc.

You'd be silly to buy new Rick shoes. Grailed has a steady stream of worn twice Geos, Ramones, etc. for half retail or more.

I've never bought from grailed before, so I'm wary of it. Some NIB examples, but sellers with no previous feedback etc.
Besides:
>smelly feet
No thanks.
I don't think it would sit right with me to wear someone else's shoes.

if you buy them they are your shoes.

no if they've been worn by some fuccboi before me like 50 times
>light wear
lmao

buy leather ramones from grailed

>boots

Can’t comment on quality since I havent actually handled them IRL to compare with usual ricks and honestly don’t care much for Rick’s aesthetic in general. Try Grailed, forums or FB groups. Most will have some age to them though

>ramones vs fog sneakers
>completely different silhouettes
>can only be used in different fits

Don't cop any

just buy chuck 70s instead of ramones i had both (canvas drkshdw) at the same time at once and the ramones are not worth so much more than a pair of chuck 70s high tops for how they both are. only decent thing about ramones is that they keep some sort of value. also if u don't like the black stitching on the ramones you could get the chuck 2s instead but the sole isn't as chunky like the chuck 70s. just my take.

Saw someone in a grey zipup hoodie with an assc hoodie ramones and baggy dad pants today ew

Smelly feet? What part of worn twice don't you get man? I bought my Geos on Grailed for 500. Absolutely like new condition.

t. never had ramones

t. i didn't read the fucking paragraph

I have the ramones and you should be aware the sole is literally made of hard plastic. The biggest flaw about these shoes IMHO. It feels weird underneath your feet to walk in them + they make a clacking sound like women's shoes + the heel will wear through in no time.

I'd give anything for ramones with a quality rubber sole.

why do people buy rick owens? they just look like gimped converse...

>wear ramones
>people always think they’re converse
Does it ever end?

>I'd give anything for ramones with a quality rubber sole.
just buy mastopros

what are the pros/cons of materials?

canvas, nylon, leather, wool etc?

I plan to wear these year round, so what is my best bet?

Canvas or leather. Leather rams are mainline so more expensive though.

imo it's a much better idea to cop mainlines used off grailed than new canvas if the money thing is an issue. you can get good condition mainlines for less than retail canvas and you'll thank yourself everyday. canvas look like converse knockoffs but mainlines have a beautiful leather that ages amazingly and creates an interesting silhouette

>believing ramones aren't boots jsut because they are based on the design of a sneaker and somehow thinking holding this belief makes you superior to OP
>ISHYGDDT

Wow

This board has really turned into shit

Thinking of copping some geos as well, but not sure if these are fake or not

real but why are u considering geobaskets its not 2009 anymore

babbys first ricks

>he cares what's 'in' and follows the trend instead of just wearing what he likes

I mean come on, it's the current year amirite guys.

>fashion is not normie hobby

>buying a piece from a passe fashion victim starter kit

ur funeral i guess

enjoy ur clown shoes

>ur

>Not reveling in the opportunity to spread the gospel of Mr Owens.

i can put a zipper on some chucks and sell them to you a lot cheaper my guy

>Boots