I'm considering graduate school. Would I have more job opportunities if I get an MBA or a masters in accounting?

I'm considering graduate school. Would I have more job opportunities if I get an MBA or a masters in accounting?

Other urls found in this thread:

linkedin.com/in/christopher-rohlfs-5903705
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

both are meme degrees

What is the best masters degree to get paywise?

well actually a piece of paper doesn't give you payment, it's the job that is.

so even macdonalds is > 0.

you should start at macdonalds OP

Good advice faggot.

CRNA

You don't need these. If you are a good candidate/have a future you would have got a job graduating in related field, the only reason to get an MBA or a masters in non quant finance stuff is if your business wants you to and pays you to.

Smuggler obviously. Though start with fishing.

You would have to be a masochist to get a masters in accounting.

An MBA is pretty much just a fraternity that only cares about cash. You get to network with a bunch of people that are also spending tens of thousands.
ONLY DO AN MBA IF YOUR EMPLOYER PAYS FOR IT

Work experience is more important than either.

I don't even have a nursing degree. That is way too many years.

I can't find any good jobs. My current job pays shitty.

So you're going to take on debt so you can be considered over qualified for any entry level job?

Get 3 years experience and transfer to a higher paying job.

There's no automatic pay increase by getting a masters in business. Otherwise everybody borrowing to get a bachelors would do it too.

Why not get your CPA?

>tfw when you just got the acceptance letter for your MBA which is payed by your employer

Read your post in his voice.

Seriously this. An MBA is a masters is business bullshittery. The accounting degree would be a lot more practical for applications.

Why get a master's degree at all? You have a bachelor's in a presumably useful capacity, go find a job and in a few years, get your employer to pay for your master's degree as part of your development plan. If you're not good enough to get a job with an employer that would pay for your degree, you shouldn't put yourself into debt to get it because you're not smart enough to make it worthwhile anyway.

I have three coworkers paying their own way through night school to get their master's and I earn more than all of them, because I went straight to work after undergrad and got the skills I needed to do my job, not the skills academia told me I should have.

Snowflake detected.

Take your shit job and get experience, then move up or move on like everyone else. Everyone's first job sucks unless you take the risk to start your own company, it's how the world works. Either take the risk, or shovel the shit with a smile on your face for long enough for people to give you a real shot at a good job.

I go to a top 15 MBA program and switching into management consulting. My MBB internship pays 30k for 10 weeks. MBA worked out well for me!

Most of these guys are faggot when OP is asking a really good question. Personally I am facing the exact same question as an undergrad Econ major. I haven't yet found the answer, but I know smart people doing business and accounting majors who say an MA in Econ is less bs than what they have done already, and also MBA's are probably the most meme degrees with a lot of people doing them.

Work Experience>Education

Get work experience. Then when you can afford it or if a company pays for your Master's then do it.

Just a piece of paper OP.
I have a high IQ and a good degree, but if you don't put the effort to make connections and build your portfolio, you aren't gonna make it.

MBA, but it has to be a good school

There is no way to move up in what I do. I mainly just clean medical equipment.

No

linkedin.com/in/christopher-rohlfs-5903705

this guy has 0 experience.
it really just depends if you do a lot of work in your life in your resume.

I know at least 10 people with MBAs that went right back to their old job after graduation. Don't do it, not worth it.

The only value in doing an MBA is to develop and work connections like a two dollar whore and hope to god you can get a job that pays better than what you've got already.

>I can't find jobs
>Instead of getting experience (temp, warehouse, intern, volunteer) I am going back to school so that in 4 years I'll have the same problems with less of my life and more debt.

You should work for the Fed

Is MASc or MSc in Engineering worth it? (in canada it's called MASc), we get paid (tuition + a little bit extra to live) to do it for 2 years.

I did one, literally no one asked about it after my first job.

>move up
>or move on

If you're not happy and there's no advancement opportunities, seek different employment.

>If you're not happy and there's no advancement opportunities, seek different employment.
That's the sort of mentality that makes me want to kill you boomers.
Fuck you, cunt ;^)

but did it help you in landing your first job after completing your MASc?