Is it ok for a man to wear a satchel/purse?

Is it ok for a man to wear a satchel/purse?
Or is it a bit effeminate?

Other urls found in this thread:

nutsacbags.com/#section-2
amazon.com/Hangover-Alan-Man-Purse-Satchel/dp/B0041E5DF8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does anybody find this sort of shit fashionable?

To me it just looks like you really wanted to join the SWAT team.

Took so long to do the captcha I actually forgot the pic...

What kind of bags/satchels/purses can a man wear to get the right kind of looks from people?

bump

>Is it ok for a man to wear a satchel/purse?
Yes
>Or is it a bit effeminate?
No

I need to have a bunch of stuff with me daily that would entirely fuck up both my pants and my silhouette if I were to actually carry it all in my pockets - hell, with modern phones you don't even need to be carrying a lot of stuff for it to bulge your pockets/stick out.

Bag itself depends on your age, how you dress and what materials you use - i.e. context

What kind do you wear?

A handheld one? A shoulder strap one?

bump

I've got a leather messenger bag I got from etsy for work/study - browse around, there's loads of good stuff for fair prices.

Also have an ethnotek chaalo travel bag for just walking around town.

Again, it depends on your aesthetic, I wouldn't personally

You wouldn't personally what?

I have seen pictures of the ethnotek chaalo travel bag. It looks kind of effeminate..

bump

sorry -
.. I wouldn't personally wear certain bags that look entirely fitting with other aesthetics, such as cordura bag with techwear etc

you seem to have a confidence issue my man - if a black rectangular bag with a strap makes you look effeminate there's something wrong with you

This is just something I could see a woman wearing.

You could say that about every basic items - are tshirts effeminate too?

Anyway - you asked what I use and I answered, I'm not recommending you anything because like I said above -
>Bag itself depends on your age, how you dress and what materials you use - i.e. context

gl m8

>are tshirts effeminate too?
Depends on the shirt

On the other hand, I like some of the bags from Ethnotek, and as with shirts it depends on the colour and whats depicted on them.

Didn't mean to sound critical, just so you know.

And I didn't mean to sound offended, just saying items on their own (except maybe very dominant ones) never make the same sense they do in pictures as they do on people.

Search around, think not only in terms of what looks good standalone but what would look good on you and what you usually wear - if you're into leather or canvas etsy is where I'd look. Check out reviews first tho.

nutsacbags.com/#section-2

These look great and the company is called NutSac which made me giggle.

>cares what other people think about what he wears, especially accessories
No, it's not Veeky Forums. You wouldnt be confident enough to pull it off.

I live in London so I won't claim to speak for the world at large, but messenger bags on grown men are straight-up manchild tier.

I suppose a nice one for office/work purposes are somewhat forgiveable because bags are hard for men. But to wear one as low as Mr Will Smith is in the OP is fucking laughable, the same level as little 16 year old schoolkids.

I carry one like this, this isn't my pic. The shoulder strap is almost exclusively just crossed and hanging over the top. I only put it over my shoulder when I need both hands.

eg. Taking a piss.

bump

leather/filson type ones are overplayed

a backpack is much more convenient imo

Yeah, where else would I keep my gear?

so do the adults in suits use?

>a backpack is much more convenient imo
I don't want to look like a Paki SysAdmin on the way to work fa m

Would rather look like a hype victim with this

get a normal backpack and look like a mormon instead

>slips off shoulder
>all your shit is wrecked
>awkward weight distribution
>generally have to use one hand to secure strap

I still go backpack

I carry one regularly. I'm not really worried about it looking effeminate. There's no actual reason a bag slung over your shoulder would be any girlier than a backpack, it's literally just cultural conditioning. I'm not saying that's something you should ignore totally but come on, nobody is going to look at a milsurp bag and think "oh, that's a purse."

Of course, attitude goes a long way here, as in everything fashion-related. If you carry one like it's NBD it really will be. If you're insecure about people labeling it as a "murse" then you will get laughed at.

what about the NutSac?
Are they also manchild tier?

I think they look quite nice.

1. Satchel
2. Mag-Satchel
3. Man-Bag, Dammit

Correction; Mag-Satch

>man-bag
Why would they ever call it that. If anything it calls into question the masculinity of using one

I think its more as a joke. Like if someone says "nice purse"....IT'S A MAN BAG DAMMIT!

Why the fuck would I carry more than 10 pounds in my everyday bag? Do you carry a 17" Thinkpad with you everyday?

Does anyone here have one of these?
Is it any good quality wise?
Is it practical?

>t. backpack wearing neckbeard fatcunt

Backpacks are more in fashion now if you're trying to follow trends

Not really trying to follow trends.

To me backpacks are for school kids and skaterb0is.

Also, when wearing a backpack you have to take it all the way off to get to your stuff.

bump

(OP)
>Is it ok for a man to wear a satchel/purse?

Nigga are you going on an adventure or delivering mail?

Just wear a backpack if you really need the extra carrying space.

It's actually in style right now for guys to be wearing purses or satchels or messenger bags but there hasn't been one instance of me saying "That purse really brings his outfit together." It's just something that never looks good on men outside of LARPing

amazon.com/Hangover-Alan-Man-Purse-Satchel/dp/B0041E5DF8

That's because you're looking at school type backpacks. more adult looking backpacks definitely exist

But aren't backpacks a bit unpractical? If you want something you have to take it off.

I guess you could have the backpack in the front for easy access, but that would just look dumb.

Also, taking on a backpack just for wandering around town seems a bit over the top.

I have a Blue filson, same model as that and it's great.

To everyone else: If you want the briefcase to not look like ass, you need to pony up the money for a good one.

>are you going on an adventure
When I imagine someone going on an adventure I imagine a backpack. Just saying-

Girls bring purses when they go out drinking and stuff. Is there like a man bag/purse that men can take that doesn't look gay?

Why are you asking about practical on a fashion board?
If you really want practical, get a fanny pack. If you want to look good, a nice backpack does that

>not wearing an M1942 musette bag

>get a fanny pack
I'm not 80.

A thing can't be practical and fashionable?

Please show me all these fashionable backpacks you guys keep talking about, that one can actually wear around town without looking like a complete tosser.

>wearing army gear
What are you 12?

I'ts honestly the least gayest thing in this thread and that's saying something

Least gayest? Might be
Manchildish? Yes

Its effiminate to ask such questions mr. user

I don't necessarily need a big bag. Just something that can store my phone, wallet and maybe headphones.

bump

Take a girl out with you, that way she can carry your stuff in her purse

Is there such a thing as an effay chest rig?

>slips off shoulder
your life is a joke