Where can I find a simple, lightweight field jacket?

Where can I find a simple, lightweight field jacket?

Preferably under $150. Used to own one by Rothco but the quality wasn’t too great

Other urls found in this thread:

the-house.com/ai3m65sff02bk17zz-alpha-industries-casual-jackets.html
alphaindustries.com/sale/alpha-industries-revival-w-field-coat.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Llbean
Filson
Barbour
American eagle
Rei

BTW that guy in ur pic is a fag

I don’t like any of these but thank you user

Why not buy military?

Dan is such a faggot

Weird fabrics and bad cuts as far as I’ve experienced

Unless you can rec something

Any specific feature you're looking for?

Alpha Industries

I really just want something that fits kind of slim and that doesn’t have extremely wide arm openings

Black would also be nice, and I’d rather there be no patches or visible branding

Alpha Industries has a black slim-fit M65
Just slightly above your budget

This. People talk shit about Alpha Industries but I've never had a bad experience with them. I've never had an AMAZING experience with them either, mind; I own several field shirts / jackets from them and each one is basically what I expected: durable, functional, and decent-looking, but without that ineffable effay spark that people will pay $1000 for. As I mainly use my field jacket as an actual field jacket / travel jacket, that's all good by me.

Some people talk shit about Alpha's quality slipping in the past few years, apparently they're increasingly outsourcing their manufacture to China or something. I don't see it but maybe check where your jacket was made before you buy it.

the-house.com/ai3m65sff02bk17zz-alpha-industries-casual-jackets.html

The House has the slim fit M65's on sale with free 2 day shipping.

Bless you user

Either going to cop this or the black washed defender jacket

eddie bauer atlas jacket. You can black out the branding if it bothers you

Not OP but I'm interested in field jackets. Considering going for alpha industries. Also looking at cockpit usa's m43, but heard it's bottom barrel chinese garbage. I just want a simple, rugged enough, decent quality field jacket in a dull olive green but all the ones that meet my criteria are $800+

OP's jacket is J.Crew's field jacket.

this is quick shop of some shots I have wearing it. Worn it to 10 countries on three continents, in weather ranging from 20F to 65F. Handles rain and snow well, plenty of pockets, slim cut, easy to grab on sale. Downsides are vertical pockets have velcro on the flaps and after three years the zipper occasionally sticks

pic looks kinda like this one. alphaindustries.com/sale/alpha-industries-revival-w-field-coat.htm
Not the exact same, but it's under $100.

Get it tailored

Is Abercrombie & Fitch a good brand for jackets?

I have a heavy coat from them. It's pretty good for the price (it's normally $200 but it was half off) but the buttons are too big for to fit into the holes. I like the design of it, but Veeky Forums will think you're a pleb, and normies will think you're a tryhard. Whatever you do, get a seam ripper and rip the branding off it.

That's exactly what I was thinking of doing

w2c,renton’s jacket from train spotting anyone got a ID?

Anyone recommend any brands with anoraks that are actually useful for weather also?