Is this look completely dead? Are there any businessmen out there that still wear these kinds of outfits?

Is this look completely dead? Are there any businessmen out there that still wear these kinds of outfits?

Wondering if you can still pull off 1980s Wall Street core nowadays.

No.

Formal-wear is the only genre of fashion the 80's didn't do right by...

Top guys who are still working on Wall Street from this time period can still pull off 1980s Wall Street, and it's socially acceptable for them to do so. Anyone else? No, and especially no if you are just breaking into Wall Street.

I have an Oxford shirt with a contrast collar (blue shirt white collar)
I really like it but I never see anyone else wear similar shirts. Should I keep on wearing it?

Yeah man, contrast collar shirts are great. I esp like when the shoe or belt colour match with the collar.

I do wear supsenders everyday with my suits, not because I want to be “pitti uomo” or dandy, but I just don’t like wearing a belt.

As far as corporate fashion is concerned, Winchester style shirts (Contrasting collar, cuffs) had a brief resurgence in 2013/14 although have sort of faded somewhat since then. It's something consumers have been asking for in the last 12 months but no tasteful designer has been offering.

Pleats have been out for a while now but I'd like to see them sneak back in.

i'm getting single pleats on most of my pants after having tried it on my last suit, the extra space really works wonders for ever increasing phone sizes.

dnt count on it

I wish even older style fashions would make a comeback.

Me too.

I wear this look, sometimes. Fit and confidence is a great way of making it appear to work. You don't have to have pleated trousers, either. I personally do use braces/suspenders, at times, as well as waistcoats.

Yes, it's a style that seems to show up mostly with older folks working in finance, especially Wall Street. Simultaneously, one might today find men in their twenties or thirties sporting a style similar to Gordon Gekko or Patrick Bateman.

I would certainly want to encourage a return to more traditional clothing, for Westerners, and for others of the world, to embrace more traditional elements from their own cultures, as well. There's a small movement called "Hanfu" in China that seeks to accomplish this end for Han Chinese people, unless I'm mistaken.

What do you have to gain by posting bullshit?

Same

How do you get hair like OP? When I slick it back it just droops to the sides or goes flat against my scalp and looks funny. Is there some method/product to get that kind of slick?

Can you imagine someone dressed like that using a smart phone instead of a brick? It would ruin the aesthetic. And drive a BMW too.

My manager wears 90's business casual - that he bought new at the time...

>idiot larpers
>emulating absolute scum of society

double autism

>He doesn't know that women hand out pussy like candy to anyone who looks rich
>Reddit spacing
Quadruple Autism

You'd look like a clown dressing like that today, not that they didn't look stupid in the 80s already

I work in Canary Wharf (London's Wall Street). Admittedly London business dress is more conservative (no brown shoes) but you will rarely see this. I sometimes see a badly tailored cheap contrast colour shirt but they look awful.

Typically people in sales&trading and brokerage do have this 'louder' dress sense (you see very very occasional contrast collars, suspenders, thin pinstripe etc), and will incorporate a single element, but never all at the same time. Nobody goes full Gordon Gecko unless its fancy dress. If you came into the office dressed like that you would be laughed right out the door.

Sometimes I wear suspenders, but with pinstripe shirts casually, I would never dress like that professionally unless it is suitable for the environment. Some of the 80's features are fine, just tone them down a little.