What brand makes quality leather boots?

What brand makes quality leather boots?

pic related.

Viberg, Wolverine, Chippewa, Solovair

those are clearly suede but...ok.

whoops

they do appear to have leather laces though.

a1923, guidi, ann d

those common project winter combats are pretty cool, and rick's combats and creepers are really nice as well

suede is leather though

Vibergs are lovely, try checking those out

That's clearly nubuck tho, not suede.

i like marsell and ann d

>going out of your way not to say Red Wing

Just include Red Wings. Jesus fuck, they're the best you can get but you hate them for some reason

Fucking this

Daytons are sweet, yes. You can get those in the non-W&H crumpled distressed look

This. Solovair, but no Red Wing? Lmao Solovair is plastic shit compared to RW. Of the brands he listed, only Viberg is better, but they are also almost thrice as expensive.

these are peng

>peng
who the fuck says that.

Truman is nice too, and very similar aesthetic to Viberg at a lower cost, although still more than Red Wing.

Speaking of Red Wing, they have started to make boots with an unstructured toe box, so they don't look as bulbous. They have a relative new model called the Merchant boot, and have even introduced a flat toe Beckman, although only in Japan so far.

Trickers also makes really nice boots.

me

Thats nubuck not suede

Guidi is the only answer. Horse leather will last you a lifetime.

whatever the point is that LEATHER boots can not look like this with such a droopy flimsy tongue and top, leather is too stiff and this is not a good example of a "leather" boot. it's suede

What the fuck are you even trying to say? It's not exactly unusual for designer labels to release pre-distressed leather apparel. The stock Daytons look normal but the Wings & Horns collabs all came out looking like that, pic related.

hahaha it's not fucking suede just give up.

>rick's combats and creepers are really nice as well

WRONG. they feel like shit. dnc. go handle them in person.

Red wing will be the most accessible decently made brand. I'm talking specifically the Heritage line only; I have no experience with their prole boots for actual work. QC is on the whole breddy good. Break in type is usually longer as they don't use the softest leathers. Their pullup
rough & tough leathers are pretty malleable off the bat and give instant "patina".

Viberg is an old fad an now there are a gazillion brands copying their look. Still, they make good boots but you'll be paying 3x as much or more than the RW Heritage. QC is very good for the most part. You'd certainly hope so though. Wide range of leather types including some exotics like deer and horse (not shell) and roo and kudu. Last everyone's wet for is the 2030, invariably on the service boot model.

Alden has a few boot models, but they for the most part are dressier unless you go for retailer exclusive makeups. Indy boot is casual, and very comfy. Fits virtually all foot types, regardless of how fugged their are. QC can be very spotty. RW heritage line has more consistent QC, especially for the price. I recommend buying Alden only in person so that you can inspect the boots yourself for any fuckery that just SHOULDN'T be there considering the price you pay. I have a love/hate relationshit with Alden. Fucking hell, some of the shit I've seen (on shell models at that).

No experience with Allen Edmonds; they're cheaper than Alden.

Dayton have a horrible reputation for delivering boots: you have to order them (OP pics for example) and they will take several months, and providing they don't FUCK YOUR ORDER UP you might get some decent boots. Since there's a guy on SF who didn't get his order for 17 fucking months, and enough accounts abound of Dayton's unreliability, I shan't touch them myself, however much I'd like a pair of the meme charcoal nubucks.

RW for chelsea boots. Buy em while they're hot and LVMH hasn't fully shitted them up and upped the price.

cont
Trickers are rustic english style. Very well made. Retailer exclusive makeups will be more interesting (and colourful) than the standard line which is VERY pastoral (brogued, double soled country boots and the like).
QC on the whole is what you'd expect for a upper mid-level Northhamtonshire maker, that is high. Certainly higher than the american equivalents (Allen Ed's and Alden).

Crockett and Jones. Less chunky styled boots available off the standard line. I have a pair of boots from them I never wear, so I can't say much. QC off my pair see about as much as you'd expect, so good. Mix of dressy and (english styled) casual.

Vass: better made (in theory) than everything mentioned thus far due to the handwelted construction; couldn't get them to fit my feet, but if you want forever shoes/boots and can't quite make it to full bespoke, look at Vass.

Carmina: svelte comes to mind. Couldn't fit into them, but QC's good. Lots of nice shell models. Boots are definitely dressy though.

Edward Green: one model they all go apeshit over is the Galway. I don't see the appeal, but quality is definitely tops (though construction is inferior to Vass by it's very nature if you care about such things). Attention to detail. Price is high.

Stuff I haven't had a chance to buy/try/examine but I've heard of:

Enzo Bonafe, Italy. Handwelted. Few styles. Small production (relatively).

Whites et.al.
Chunky monkey logger boots and biker boots. Apparently the most comfy boots if you have to stand around for 12hrs a day provided you get fitted correctly.

The multitude of nu-bootmakers flying in Viberg's wake. Meme boot makers. Will probably disappear within the decade. Quality seems variable, but they're cheaper than viberg is that's what you want but can't afford.

Wolverine/Chippewa/Thorogood: I don't know how to rank these, as I only know what I've read and seen of their make. They're not as good as RW Heritage, but they'll do if you can't afford the former.

>RW for chelsea boots
sorry
>RM Williams
for chelsea boots.
Wholecuts.
Next brand to offer wholecuts are SLP and JM Weston, and that's a whole other price range.
Wholecut chelseas or no chelseas at all.
Remember that.

That's kinda odd advice, anyone with any clue about good leathers will just think you are a retard once they handle them in real life
Granted there have been at least few creeper models in the past with kinda mediocre leathers

>Horse leather will last you a lifetime.
horse leather is not particularly durable though, shell cordovan definitely is but I don't think Guidi does lot of stuff from it. Kangaroo is another really fucking durable source of leather if you want something long lasting

This. Shell will last a lifetime.
Roo will last a very long time because it comes from giant desert hopping rat things so it doesn't dry out as much.
Ordinary horse? Not in the same league.

Almost forgot:
Cheaney. Good QC, decent for the price. More casual boots coming out that aren't typical enlgish country brogues that's the standard fare for casual english made boots.

Trickers, Eastland made in Maine (not the shitty chinese line), Rancourt, Aldens, Allen Edmonds, Carmina

yeah i mean some creepers arent made in his best materials, but ricks worst materials are way above most people's standards...

seriously doubt you've handled his combats if you think theyre poor quality tho, uncomfortable maybe, but definitely not poor quality

hows the quality on eastland, i like some of their designs

>uncomfortable maybe
Never handled the goodyear flex ones, which might take some time to break in but my combats were comfortable as fuck straight from the box and have since just become even better since they have molded to my feet

thoughts on Nicks?

Only what I read.
At a time they were preferred over Whites.
Then some QC concerns were raised, perhaps.
Now it's a wash as far as I'm concerned.
Same kinda deal as white's: "chunky monkey forest firefighter" stuff.

I recall that the best way to buy white's (if you're in the US) is to do so via a retailer called "Baker's", as they'll act as the intermediary between you and white's and any potential fuckery with your order (if you get a custom order). If you're not US I dunno. My local white's dealer told me that their custom stuff still was not without fault, but at least Bakers is in the US, unlike my white's dealer which is on the other side of the world. Dunno where the best place to get nick's is.

They're not exactly effay, white's and nick's, but everyone that has a pair (that got a well done pair) claims they're great.

I have no need for such chunky boots, so I didn't end up pursuing the matter.

Any way to get these in Europe?

Recommendations for black plain toe boots?

Leaning towards Sanders Kelso atm.

they're MTO
canadian bootmaker
estimated build time: 3 months to forever

sanders are okay
minimum price for something actually made in uk, unlike barker/grenson/cheaper loake
if you're on a greater budget there's always solovair

>if you're on a greater budget there's always solovair
You mean smaller surely. Are you seriously comparing sanders to solovair?

yeah that.

Thanks for the good info man.

>they're MTO
>canadian bootmaker
>estimated build time: 3 months to forever
Right and shipping to Europe starts at 120 USD. Plus import duties and taxes. Lmao, no thanks.

>Dayton have a horrible reputation for delivering boots

I dunno, most of the problems I’ve heard have been with group buys. When I ordered my boots by myself they arrived in less than three weeks after sizing and payment.
In part this is probably due to the fact that my feet are a pretty common size (7.5EE) and they probably had them in stock, but they were up front about the possibility of them not having my size and having to make a complete pair.

The customer service was top tier, the boots look and feel great. Sign up for the email list if you want em for cheaper because they do Black Friday/anniversary sales that they don’t advertise on the website.

sane lauron

on the top of my mind : Bowen, Alfred Sargent, Meermin, Shoepassion (if you get past the absolutely shitty name...)

Viberg too if your wallet is really thick.

i only have a pair of Bowen, best pair of shoes i ever bought, without a doubt (but tbf i haven't bought a lot)

Fuck off roadman nigger

I own 3 pair Viberg 2030 based boots / shoes, 2 Wolverine 1000 Miles & 1 pair Grenson Alfreds.

There is a great deal of variation to choose from out there. Lots to learn.

Those look awesome mate. Is the color black chromexcel? They look way cleaner in your pic.

Thanks, the color is charcoal nubuck

They’re deffs worth saving up for, they go with everything

I bought my Daytons in person off the shelf. Really solid boots. Great stuff.

Thanks. Yeah, I'll place an order on payday. I hate buying shoes online though.

leave this board

nu buck is softer than a thin suede so, You leave. I stay

goatskin lamb skin calf skin, these are all ultra supple leathers . go further than that and make them a very thin cut and you have the softness of suede but the smooth finish of leather. Nubuck is a matte finish anyway it's basically suede but turned inside out

w2c red shirt on the right

who makes wellingtons besides red wing and wolverine?