Why was the ottoman empire so succesful Veeky Forums ?

Why was the ottoman empire so succesful Veeky Forums ?

>successful

Ruling over huge patches of sand and desert isn't very hard, so we can cut out most of North Africa as part of their actual territory.

Secondly, they only ever fucked with weak European powers in and around the Aegean, or isolated Italian city states. If they fucked with France or any of the European states at their comparative heights they'd get BTFO

I'm pretty sure they used slaves trained from birth as their elite warrior caste which is just retarded and a recipe for military coups.

In fact the Jannisaries were taken from essentially enslaved Greek slave boys, inducted into a pedo warrior cult and given the best weapons, armor and training.

The rest of their empire was a bunch of sleepy goatherders and cities full of opium addicts taking naps.

This map is wrong but anyway.

It was successful for a time because it let locals maintain their customs, laws and traditions, which also led later to nationalism and betrayal during WWI

You already have another thread: sage and reported

They before the Siege of Vienna, they were successful against Austria, Poland, and Germany. Plus they were also successfull against crusades. Plus Byzantine as well. Underestimating Ottoman Empire is not very historically true. I would suggest you to read and learn more about their history, without taking any side...

why even bother posting on the history board if you literally know nothing about history?
>Ruling over huge patches of sand and desert isn't very hard, so we can cut out most of North Africa as part of their actual territory.

>>what is egypt

>Secondly, they only ever fucked with weak European powers in and around the Aegean, or isolated Italian city states.

>>what is the crusade of varna
>>what is the crusade of nicopolis
>>what is the holy league battle of preveza

also the french themselves begged the ottomans for help against habsburg spain you retard.

>I'm pretty sure they used slaves trained from birth as their elite warrior caste which is just retarded and a recipe for military coups.

the jannisary was one of the reason they can go so far up europe's ass, their benefits werent only their succes in battle and conquest but also drawing manpower from non-turks non-muslim population and integrating them into the empire, such as administrating newly conquered teritories.

The Byzantines were so terribad at war is why.

not true

Ottomans were sustained by Silk Road trade and plunder. They never had an internal economy strong enough to sustain themselves. Once Europe started sailing around the world and making colonies to produce luxuries. The Ottomans started to decline.

What are you talking about.

The Ottoman Empire reached its height with Suleiman the Magnificent, from there it was a steady but ever-present decline.

It wasn't successful at all when compared to other empires.

That was the exact reason the Eastern Roman Empire survived though. If the ERE didn't have a local monopoly on silk due to how they managed to smuggle silk worms from China, the ERE would have collapsed a long, long, LONG time before 1204.

Tell me about all those empires which went on strong for atleast 3 centuries.

I read somewhere that the jannisaries helped greatly to integrate the balkan peoples into the empire because the common people had a certain pride for the jannisaries.

And yet the common people would disfigure their children to make sure they weren't abducted for the Jannissaries.

I'm sure it depends on which group but most jannisaries were albanians and bosnians and now they are still the biggest muslim populations in the balkans.

Another ottoman thread filled with butthurt balkanshits.

The fact that you have to post a fake map every time proves it wasn't

Devshirme was really divisive among the locals - and the Janissaries were a real deterrent to the Ottomans once they stagnated into a feudalistic welfare caste who refused to adapt to modern war.

I mean, the Sultan had to have them rounded up and executed at one point in the 'Auspicious Incident'. So. Yeah. Jannisaries were a mixed bag overall.

Cool hats tho

I swear it gets bigger every time I see it.

It's because they keep conflating it with maps of the caliphates or the Islamic world.

As if having all the Middle East and a third of both Europe and Africa wasn't enough. Greedy shits.

Sardinia, Corsica, Iceland and Southern France were never part of any caliphate

Fuck I didn't even see that. Or maybe my brain repressed it.

That map is even dumber than I thought.

witnessed

Nice quints roach

>the marble emperor will never rise and bring back the glorious days of Rome

Mehmed II tried doing that unfortunately he failed.

It was thanks to ottomania
They just took the ottomaniacs and went apeshit

>Iceland

>iceland

WE WUZ OTTOMAN N SHIEET

fuck off

Nope, completely wrong.

Christians hated the turks for that, called it blood price and would even maim their kids to prevent the turks from taking them

not just that, but when the empire started, feudalism was a somewhat fresh and new concept to the turks, but in europe it was getting boring