Redpill me on WW I. Were there really blacks and women fighting?

Redpill me on WW I. Were there really blacks and women fighting?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_von_Lettow-Vorbeck
youtube.com/watch?v=QyrzcqvYoZQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There were blacks certainly, mostly from French west Africa.

>blacks
Yes, tons of them especially in the African theatre of the war
>women
No

It definitely put women to work.

Not on the battlefield.

I'm sure there were a few wartime cross dressers.

Yes to the blacks, not really beyond the early stages of the war (and then only in Russia) to the women. Women were more heavily involved in fighting in WW2, because the Red Army let them fly planes, serve as medics, and snipe fascists. And a lot of partisans were women.

There were black soldiers who fought for the Americans in Europe - most notably the Harlem Hellfighters. The Harlem Hellfighters were called that way because of how ferocious they were against the Germans.

>Were there really blacks
No, they only blacks during the WW1 in the US Army were additional help in the camps, they were janitors or they carried ammo around.

>women
Kek. No.

There actually were a significant number of black people coming from the French colonies...

Blacks were from the colonies, around 100k of them fighting for france and womens were found only in field hospitals,not sure what they tried to pull here in BF1

Fairly sure the protagonist is from the Harlem hell fighters too

Swedish company making the game. They got to shoehorn them in

There was a cossack named Marina Yurlova, a young girl following her dad, that fought during WW1. There probably were some exceptionnal cases such as her. However, they were the extreme exception, not the rule.

Yes, bu that wasn't the point here I think.

The memeing is real.

i feel bad for sweden. No, actually sweden is a growing cancer to this world. the faster it dies the better.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_von_Lettow-Vorbeck

This man led an army of local African tribesmen on the greatest guerilla campaign in modern history against the British in East Africa during WW1. He was the only German commander to invade British land during the entire war and one of the only German generals that remained undefeated, only surrendering in 1919.

>Blacks
Yes, BUT:
-Only in the British and French armies on the western front. The Harlem Hellfighters are a special snowflake unit of fighting afro-americans, most of which didn't get to actually fight. Even the HH wore French uniforms and carried French weapons as the colonial powers were in general more tolerant of afro-americans than the americans themselves.
The Germans' colonists were stuck in Africa, and whilst they fought bravely there, they didn't get to fight in Europe. Some afrocentrists have been posting pictures of black german soldiers in Germany, but those were so rare they numbered at most in the dozens, and the most famous pictures are those of black musician mascots.

2.Women

Yes, BUT only very few of them. So few really that it would be hard to find any information on them. There were Russian women fighting as some user pointed out, some Ottoman snipers were presumably women, and there must have been the odd crossdresser somewhere on the front at some point.
In any case, there wouldn't have been enough of them for them to ever be mentionned as anything else but a 1 in a million anomaly.
And there certainly were not NEVER EVER bedouin warrior women.

There is this story about some serb woman fighting like crazy against Austrians
Then there is another about a british reporter crossdressing but she never did fuck all in the war

In All Quiet on the Western Front, it is mentioned that the Entente would sometimes use blacks for night patrols since they're hard to see in the dark. They were still just a tiny minority compared to the white soldiers in Europe, though. In the African theater however, locals were commonly recruited as soldiers, carriers etc. and vastly outnumbered the European servicemen.

Op here. The second part of my question is were the blimps actually effective? Or were they just for intimidation factor? What was France's role in the war? Is it true they were all cousins?

>What was France's role in the war?

They shat the bed and had to be saved by Brits, then USA lend a hand to finish the war.

In total there were maybe 1 millions of black who fought in the war

Does it mean they deserve more representation than 12 millions of Russians and 8 millions of Frenchmen?
According to Swede, yes

Blimps were the equivalent of nuclear weapons back then.
France surrendered in the first day, Americans had to win the war for them.
Yes they were all inbred cousins.

>brits
>not hiding on their island and waiting for the situation to sort itself out
>BRITS
>SAVING ANYONE
AYY
Y
Y

Someone should fucking sue these fucks for false advertising since they claim that the game is grounded in reality and is authentic as much as possible and yet we get strong wymen, and blacks in the german army fighting in europe. Add no french army and russia empire to that and you have a solid case, but I'm pretty sure the fucks have plenty of ways to go around all that.

>Does it mean they deserve more representation than 12 millions of Russians
99% of Western WWI media pretends the Eastern front don't real except when it's the backdrop to the Russian revolution

>were the blimps actually effective? Or were they just for intimidation factor?
Mostly used for reconaissance
Pretty shit at bombing

>What was France's role in the war?
Literally the leading country of the Allies
Allied supreme commander was French, operations during the 100 days offensive were organized by France and when Germany surrendered, they surrendered to France
Brits try their hardest to make people believe they were the most important, but anyone who studied WW1 know they were only 2nd on the Allied side

>Is it true they were all cousins?
The German Emperor and the Russian Tsar were cousins indeed, but neither of them really had any power on the events
The German military staff wanted that war very badly, and theres not much Willy could have done to prevent them from starting shit

Most of the soldiers were black.

black women*

sassy black women

>specifically in the African theater of the war
ftfy
That being said colonials were put to work in Europe but usually just as that, workers. They did however, fight for France during the later years and particularly when the U.S. joined up.

Their offensive counter to the Schlieffen plan was retarded and failed completely, to make matters worse the French were not ready for the war, their guns were outdated for the most part, and the proposed uniform redesigns of the early 1900s hadn't been streamlined yet. They wanted war, but were not quite ready for it.

However they did manage to halt the German armies with extremely good coordination between their different generals and fast redeployment of troops from already engaged armies to the west of Paris to prevent encirclement.

The BEF of course provided valuable assistance at this stage of the war by acting as an additional army on the front, but they would have been encircled with the rest of the French army without Joffre and his pals strategy.

During the rest of the war, they caught up with their technological slack in weaponry and armoured warfare, and fought not only on the Western front, but also in Africa, the middle East and the Balkans.

mhmm

>since they claim that the game is grounded in reality and is authentic
[citation needed]

There were plenty of African colonial units on the Western Front

In service of France
WHO AREN'T IN THE GAME

Go back to /pol/ faglord

Check the devs twitter page, and also they mention it in nearly every interview.

If they claimed it was grounded in reality than there would be no way that the weapons would be made up of mostly expiramental or prototype weapons s that saw extremely limited or no use.

>In service of France
>WHO AREN'T IN THE GAME
The devs confirmed France will get their own full DLC and there's a good chance it could be free
>inb4 L O L EA FREE DLC
They did it with BF4, they did it with Battlefront and they're doing it with Titanfall 2, it's not far outside the realm of possibility.

They had to otherwise ADHD american millennials wouldn't buy it. still doesn't exuce the whole "it's close to reality" shtick

I really hope this game doesn't make people think that this is what WW1 is really like. I was excited about it until I saw the first screenshots and stuff. Please leave WW1 alone, I'd like to study it in peace without 15 year old turds acting like they know everything about it from a gay jew game

They also said that they wouldn't sacrifice gameplay over historical accuracy and that it is first and foremost a Battlefield game, not a WWI sim.
Secondly, they've stated that they want to focus on more obscure parts of the war and bring them to light.

Depends. The Harlem Hellfighters (which is where the guy in your pic is supposed to be from) were only around for a very short time at the very end of the war. There are some women who fought in World War I but it was basically in Mulan-style situations where they were disguising themselves as men, the same way you'd have 14-year-olds lying about their age.

Looks like Verdun is the closest thing to a WW1 Sim we will ever get. I'm fine with that because WW1 was awful and shouldn't be glorified in videogames. I feel the same way about WW2, Korea, Vietnam, etc but it's a little too late for that

Meant to reply to

i thought those were indian soldiers he fought

>caught up with their technological slack in weaponry
>didn't have a modern bolt action rifle until 1936

>Evil blonde german with luger facing off against the noble nubian american allied soldier

What did DICE sweden mean by this wallpaper?

>The Harlem Hellfighters were called that way because of how ferocious they were against the Germans.
Show me a credible source that claims so at least one year before Battlefield was announced. People started referencing the game as a credible source so this topic has became a vicious source cycle.

THIS

Nelson, Peter (2009). A More Unbending Battle: The Harlem Hellfighters' Struggle for Freedom in WWI and Equality at Home. New York: Basic Civitas

according to wikipedia pg 56

youtube.com/watch?v=QyrzcqvYoZQ

It probably simply mean that BF1 is not a WW1 game but a steam punk parallel world game.

POOR LITTLE WHITE BOY

yes

They initially had a very great psychological shock impact. However, their intimidation factor quickly went out the window when the Brits realised a giant, slow moving Balloon was very easy to shoot down.