Will Veeky Forums ever recover from this?

will Veeky Forums ever recover from this?

Pretty sure Veeky Forums doesn't like chelseas. If she had pictured black Vans Veeky Forums would be shook AF.

>dat profile pic

Opinion discarded

these and common projects

she's honestly completely right

chelseas are the most tryhard but doesn't actually get it shoes there are

tan/taupe suede chelseas are cancer

She's right

honestly I'd rather just cop desert boots at this point.

And I kind of want to

She's right.
If you don't know shit about fashion and search all the basics (Gq,on youtube alpha manlet etc..) all of them recommend Chelsea boots.
She's 100% correct.

>Kanye wears chelsea boots
why would i care what anyone else thinks?

only response that matters

I guarantee it's not actually about the boots, for her. It's that she is turned off by men visibly making an effort. Kind of a combination of thinking they are try-hards while also feeling self-conscious about herself not trying hard enough.

if you want her suck your dick

You're salty lmao

I remember Veeky Forums being all over Harry Styles' dick a few years ago *because* of tan suede chelseas.

>boys
Never seen anyone under 22 wear those

>dress good
Oh, it’s a nigger.

Look at her and ask yourself:
>is this a girl that knows good fits?

i can't stand chelsea boots
shes right

What's wrong with chelsea boots?

Are they like the US equivalent of wearing mint green chinos from Topman?

well, at least she knows suede chelseas suck

>What's wrong with chelsea boots?
pic related

So it's getting into laddish circlejerk territory.

Specifically suede? I've had my eye on a pair of brown Loakes.

bitch dresses like she just heard about Mac Demarco, who cares what she thinks about fashion

t.triggered basic soyboy

leather chelseas are great user.

Leather is fine. Avoid tan suede like here

That's like half of Veeky Forums

Yeah, not unhesitatingly accepting the opinion of some random Pete & Pete extra screams soy

That being said tan suede chelseas are awful

>orbiting twitter art hoe #58479
yea i think you might be the soyboy partner

lol i would be

yea tbf she dresses like a dirty ugly dogg shit and she's fat/obease but she's right abt the shoes

Black calf leather chelsea boots like R.M. Williams are fine.

but then she'd probably be calling out herself and people she knows lol

i dont wear h&m chelsea boots and follow fat flyover state girls tho so...

I've wanted some like these for a while, how do they look after worn for a while?

Why is it usually Americans who shit on Chelsea boots?

in the context of the american consciousness youre a bitch fuck you bitch

dunno. probably because people dressing decently is so rare for them, that chelsea are seen as some fashion hipster thing. I work in Germany, worked in UK and Chelsea boots are just another type of boots people usualy have. Like you see 40 year old business people wearing them with suits to work and you also get 20 something people wearing them with jeans. I will say that I think I only see black leather chelsea and never calf skin and rarely brown leather chelseas

pick related is something i wear going to restaurants

this

go to college, they are everywhere in the fall/winter.
pretty embarrassing, met a brown guy who wore those with old navy jeans, thick rim glasses and a black pea coat

>a few years ago
there's your answer, fishbulb

fpbp

I'm trying to get a pair of Lucchese's but I have to go through a whole ordeal and get a custom pair because my feet are 4E

Same with Tony Lama, they just don't make boots wider than 2E

Might just go to Mexico proper and get my boots there

SLP is so played out and boring, if you dress like this you should go back to mfa

retarded americans think chelsea boots are to be worn only for slp. This is how you can tell people have no idea about menswear

I’m american and it’s definitely weird. Especially in Texas where everyone and their dog wears boots.

Can't say I would be opposed to that happening , but its not something I'd go out of my way for.

I can't tell if you're intentionally trying to sound like a catty teenage girl or if you've really just sunk that low as a person.

gotta agree 2bh. personally think chelseas are the faggiest thing u can wear, and they dont particularly look good either.

Gotta agree. SLP in the hedi years were going to get old if he continued. Even Dior Homme Hedi is pretty similar to SLP Hedi.

MILKIES

I like the SLP aesthetic that being said every single one of hedi's fits could be attained for much cheaper and probably look better for much cheaper than ehat he's asking.

>dressing for girls
Never gonna make it

Because it's just not an American thing? I mean it's called Americana - don't remember any Chelsea boots being part of that style. America is largely more defined by workwear

agree. Looks tryhard and ugly

It must be because I go to college in FL so we don’t have “winter”. Fashion boots look tryhard/gay

Anything other than real basic shit looks out of place in FL.

Looks more like "I have to dress business casual and am too lazy to tie my shoes".

A few things:

This board is incredibly disappointing. There is no reason why anyone should make a thread giving thought to what someone on TWITTER cares about fashion, nor why such a thread should gather 57 replies. An online imageboard that sought out to be anonymous, where ideas can be freely discussed with no association or repercussions should not be conjoined with social media of any kind. The whole point of Veeky Forums (and Veeky Forums in general) was to get away from the qualities found in social media.

Chelseas are so bland, they're practically inoffensive. Like ripped jeans, gray sweats, or Nike trainers; pieces of clothing which do not hope to say anything, but are just functional, appealing, and comfortable. Easily digestable by the general public, they are temporary, and disposable. People who wear Chelseas do not hope to accomplish what a traditional Veeky Forums poster is. To judge them under the same criteria makes no sense.

This board is too underage friendly. I get that underage lurkers will always be on boards, but the fact that so many of you are so blatantly open and admitting of the fact that you're not even in your 20s is just upsetting. Finish high school and come back when you can actually afford the clothes you like.

>twitter

>shook AF

>tryhard

>cancer

>salty

oh how the mighty fall

...that whore can't dress too, you beta soyboys.

chelsea boots are just part of the mens equivalent of a basic bitch how is this thread even up s m h

goes to show how trash this flyover state board is

Hey I'm from Texas too, nice. After Christmas ends I'm copping some grey suede chelseas from Aldo

chelsea-boot wearer detected

Nice pasta I'm stealing it lad

suede chelseas are for fags though

You need to shrug off your own positionality for a second. Tennis shoes are de facto (and incidentally, de rigueur) in almost all normie contexts. In such environments, even footwear that appears staid to your or me is going to draw attention, if not direct ire; and this is the environment many people come to Veeky Forums from.

Yes, the board is incredibly disappointing. Yes, no one here (or anywhere, really) should care about what some nobody has to say about clothing. In fact, we might crib a line from Samuel Beckett (and Barthes, Foucault, etc.) and ask, "What matters who's speaking?" regarding fashion.

However, we can't presume our perspectives are the only right and true ones out there. It remains that, for a large group of people, Chelseas look bizarre as fuck.

>I only see black leather chelsea and never calf skin
What?

Why would anyone care about her opinion? She's fat and ugly.

what the fuck is a tennis shoe you utterly inbred rhesus monkey? what the fuck does that even mean? fucking "tennis shoe"?

Loakes are very sturdy, can't say what happens to chelseas specifically. I'd imagine they look like old oxfords - slightly creased and scuffed but basically fine.

2015 was the year when this happened, also shia

I hate u all

On the gay boot spectrum Chelseas suck dick. Even their name is gay. Only thing worse are pointy pixie boots. These are estrogen producing boots.

Nice fuckboy jeans too. Lol

I'm going to put mustard on your back and let it run down your butt cheek and lick it faggot.

take your supreme hoodie off first. you don't want to stain it with mustard, do you?

I buy another one with my daddy's money shenpai

Lol ok im going to work you have good day buddy.

>those with old navy jeans, thick rim glasses and a black pea coat
Literally fucking everybody at my college

Chelsea is a district of London, Tyler. Or Taylor, Baker, Plumber, or whatever your name is.

mfw i impulse bought these type of shoes and worst of all, they are not the pictured color, they are much lighter :-(

They're chukka boots

imagine being this upset over some meme pic

>dress good
>good

What a dumb bitch. She's right though, Chelsea's are awful.

she's right. brown suede chelseas are trash.

leather is the only chelsea boot you should ever be buying, these are fine.

What's a good boot alternative that has the same look as Chelseas

Chelseas? Just don't buy suede. Jodhpurs and zip boots are similar tho, but gayer

This board is for shit. It's mostly students replying to you, by the way, who are proud attention whores and will post their garbage mall outfits in the WAYWT threads and talk like Twitter users. This board is /soc/ for people who dress as well as people from /soc/

They're basically desert boots but without the crepe sole, you're more or less in the clear

bitch lookin like she was vomited up by a sentient thrift store and wants to criticize men for chelsea boots lmao

The Empire military issue ones are pretty dope.

>An online imageboard that sought out to be anonymous, where ideas can be freely discussed with no association or repercussions should not be conjoined with social media of any kind. The whole point of Veeky Forums (and Veeky Forums in general) was to get away from the qualities found in social media.
Wrong the point of Veeky Forums was for English speakers to discuss anime, Veeky Forums for fashion discussion. Everything else is correct

what happened to /sleazecore/?

If it's just that, then why has anonymity been expected from the very beginning of Veeky Forums?

I haven't even considered taking the twatter girl seriously, and I'm surprised anyone else has.

I hope this post is bait. One of the most pretentious posts I have read in this shit board.

She looks like a nerd that plays video games. Why would anyone listen on her?

This.

>durr dued why do yuo caer abuot things?? hurr

I'm specifically arguing against people who use twitter you thick fucking retard. Did you even read my post? You're just agreeing with me you dumb cunt. Kill yourself.