How do you guys get into fashion, im just a poor autistic college student...

how do you guys get into fashion, im just a poor autistic college student, i dont wanna get bullied for trying too hard but i look like a hobo currently. the only pants i have are the ones i use for work and they have stains on them, i usually wear a hoodie to hide my body but i cant wear it anymore for person reasons

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/sxm9t
youtu.be/gwJwpF16oEs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>lose weight if fat
>have good posture
>think before you speak
>good skin care
>lurk here until you have a good grasp on fashion

ive been doing all of that except maybe posture... i lurk every so often but most of the clothes or fits i like are girls... its not fair :( thank you for the tips though

The first and most important question you need to ask yourself is what YOU find aesthetically pleasing. Could be a character in a film or TV show, a painting, an interest.

Post what you find interesting to look at and I can help.

try goodwill man, get some sweatshirts and maybe check the jeans and pants.

step 1: be white, tall, and handsome
step 2: if not kill self to reroll

thats about it faggot. Good thing I did the steps

>Think before you speak

I never got this, how can you guys filter every thought before you vocalize it?

I do this and it’s incredibly autistic. It feels like I’m playing Fallout but in real life. Conversations are easier for me if I don’t think at all. But it didn’t stop me from getting grills snapchats and numbers.

t. Good looking autistic spaz

It's called being an introverted overly analytical idiot. You don't want to do this, trust me.

Find a middle line

Reading that gave me anxiety.

I mean, I'm on the other extreme, sometimes I find myself in altercations but mostly people seem to like me saying whatever bs materializes in my mind.

Buy bitcoin and u will automatically be Veeky Forums

thank you friend, i did not expect nice people to be on here

a lot of pics ive saved are of asians... or girls.. or asian girls. i think androgynous goth/emo/grunge looks are very qt although i could not find older grunge pics ive saved. something kinda subtle and solemn but comfy and still looks good, at least to me. im terrible with colors though and matching them as well, i mistake people with brown hair to have blonde hair and i cant tell the difference, and so people make fun of me :(

imgur.com/a/sxm9t

sorry if you cant glean much from it, since im male

will do, ive gone to salvation army too, before, but in my high school years my taste in /comfy/ thrift clothing and despondent behavior got me labeled a stoner, even tho i am a pure boi.

Find things you think 1. are nice to wear 2. fits good 3. looks good

then buy them and wear them, its not really rocket sciene

Should I get a left earlobe-piercing? Haven't ever really considered it but I work at a chemist that also does piercings and another employee asked if I would like her to do it for me for free.

Are male ear piercings Veeky Forums?

>lurk here until you have a good grasp on fashion

Loving every laugh m8.

just move to a big city and copy everyone else

I know how you feel man.
Id say save up a bit and buy some cheap basics,also try thrifting.

Same boat user, some videos that helped me a good bit are from “Real men real style”
Here’s one of their videos: youtu.be/gwJwpF16oEs

Dress more feminine then. It's 2017

Yeah I feel autistic when I'm in a conversation, especially in group convos.

Im a poor fag but I've built my wardrobe over the years by buying only basic timeless pieces(gotta love Uniqlo). Get a job so you can start buying more clothing. And don't be afraid to look like an idiot.

I use to get bullied for wearing suspenders, cropped chinos, and flannel shirts most of the time. But when I got to uni everyone actually like my style.

It's just a matter of time until you figure out what works best for you. You just have to start dressing for yourself and not for others.

You're lucky, the style you like is super easy to shop for. Just get a bunch of monochrome basics more or less. You could probably find every piece in that album within 3 or 4 thrift trips if you're in a bigger city. Get some plain black pants, white sneakers or combat boots a few plain black tees and b/w band shirts, maybe a more colorful jacket, and then some feminine accessories (choker, rings, pink sunglasses) and you're set. If you're a real skinny femboi tho it's probably worth getting your favorite pieces tailored since in my experience thrift stores basics, especially pants, are made for much larger people.

The key tho is to keep experimenting, if you're always out shopping, trying out new things, evaluating how everything looks in new fits, etc you'll naturally develop an eye for what works for you and what doesn't, and you can start branching out into more experimental things and statement pieces. That's what's wonderful about thrift stores-lots of variety to try out new things at little financial risk. If you avoid the clothes that really advertise that you shop a thrift store and get more unique things that fit well most people won't even notice.

If you dress well tho people will assume you do drugs regardless probably.

find a good thrift store
you'll be alright mane

Think the autist Ryan goaling plays in drive. That's what these people are like.

stop being a soyboy

Actually, lurk elsewhere before you have a good grasp on fashion, and use that knowledge to not post here because this board is full of teenagers who will recommend you dress like a teenager
OP don't listen to anyone here and whatever you do don't buy a Carhartt beanie

Literally just work your body into a healthy shape you're capable of maintaining, buy clothes you like that fit that shape well, and then keep clothes and body clean. It's easy as fuck. Anything can look good as long as you do the above

I think it's supposed to be a general skill that we develop through life knowing when to say something to who at the right time. It's like a set of orders and codes that you refer to in dependence to your circumstances.

there are no rerolls atleast i hope so

>but I can't wear it anymore for personal reasons

There is little "personal reason" which should disallow you to wear an article of clothing. Address the problem you have with your own body first. Look into the mirror and ask yourself what about you, if anything, is due to an unhealthy habit, and then work into a framework that will allow you to correct this.

Go into the /diy/ thread and go check out the link that has a ton of Japanese fashion magazines for you to sift through.

After you link together what looks good to you then you will be able to find a lot of pieces that will make you feel good about yourself from almost anywhere.

If you want a more formal introduction into fashion, then there's no better place to start than reading some books about clothing history from the turn of the century to current day.

I'm trying to study silhouette at the moment. There's very little information on it pertaining to fashion, or I haven't found any yet.

Honestly man, im struggling with the same thing now. Im mostly trying to find my aesthetic, and while i have a good idea on what it is, its too damn hot where I live to wear it.

My suggestion is to go look around in goodwill, buy the risky stuff there but buy typical t-shirts at places like Macy's. Also if you find clothes that you think you can pull off something you found in the women's isle, try it out in the fitting room.