Was this the single most incompetent empire in history?

Was this the single most incompetent empire in history?

The American empire is by far

>The American empire

Not an empire, bub.

ERE

>empire
Youre dumb mate

It's a tie between this and the Palmyrene empire.

Fuck you, the Seleukid Empire was great you Ptolemy loving Roman cocksucking barbarian.

>Defending a crappy rump state of a much better empire.

Disgraceful.

Mali Empire.
The only thing they are remembered for is crushing the Egyptian money with no survivors.

Austria

Yes.

That's not what incompetence is.

>ctrl f

>no HRE

Not an empire.

HRE, Austro-Hungarian Empire, Qing Empire.

desu the Hoy Roman Empire for all of its short comings was pretty good. It was the Reich that lasted for a thousand years.

Yes, they lost to the maccabees

Lel I just read up on that. Mansa Musa 10/10 economic trolling

>Not knowing the difference between hegemonic and imperial power
Your ignorance saddens me brother, but you know what brother gets me down brother? You said that unironically.

Nubian, Mali

Japanese?

Only able to defeat over-matched foes.

In fighting a foe with similar technology, made a critical error (because said foe had infinitely greater resources), bringing about its demise.

And finally, it was VERY short-lived.

It only lasted because it was an empire in name only but a confederation of independent entities in actual practice. The "Emperor" spent all his time trying to keep all the counts and dukes happy that there wasn't any real "imperial" ambitions to be had

One could argue that all feudal monarchies were confederations, with vassals paying lip surface and being loosely united under their lord's banner. The HRE, for most of its history, was no different organizationally from its contemporaries, just at a larger scale as it was the largest entities in Latin Europe (Latin as in excluding the ERE and Rus). But as Europe entered the Early Modern Period, while most states entered into a more centralized model of governance, the HRE failed to accomplish such, for several factors, the most significant being religious tension. The 30 Years War reeeeeeally fucked up the HRE.

The Mexican Empire.
I win

>much better empire
that "much better empire" melted right after Alexander died, the only good thing about Alexander's empire was Alexander and his army.

Haitian Empire and Central African Empire are both strong contenders for worst """""empire""""" of all time

This.

Nothing else compares.

I came here to call you a retard

They survived for 3 centuries until a civil war toar apart the Empire. That's not really incompetence.

How good is Tricare? Is it any better/worse than the benefits a normal government employee would get?

Wrong thread, whoops

Byzantine Empire

what is it about greeks ruling easterners that dooms them to failure?

As long as Alexander was dead, a Hellenic empire in that area was never going to work for long.

It lasted for more than two centuries.

Your empire being ruled by history's biggest baller is not incompetence

LEL FUCK THOSE BYZABOOS, LET'S TROLL THEM LE 9GAG ARMY XD

Calm down Stelios, you got debts to pay

The meme of HRE being a meme state is the worst meme ever

not as incompetent as the umayyads. fuck islam.

>No Eternal Anglo shitposting

Thanks, God!

Umayyad, Christian?

The Eternal Anglo is evil and mischievous, not incompetent. It's actually pretty competent on the dark arts of perfidity and deception.

OP said empire.

>Alexander and his army

was shiet and you know it

figured it was only time before this got posted. I'd actually like to find out more about the Seleucid Empire desu

they get taken away by the eastern way of living with strange monotheistic cultures(aka christianity and so) and they usually get rich from multicultural societies and economy so they lose the drive to improve more.

>incompetent

It was a population of like 20,000 Greeks and Macedonians holding down a population 500 times bigger. That's not incompetence.

Austria-Hungary

Korean Empire.

References to
>Eternal Anglo
=
Eternal butthurt.

If there had been no Alexander, what would the Persian empire look like.
Would they conquer Greece or just leave them for the ultimate Roman conquest.

>
>
>Empire

I wonder why...

They couldn't Expand more
They were already exceptionally big for their time and were Only Surpassed in size in 600's by the Umayyad
Even the Romans and Han China while coming close were still smaller in size by a large margin and still couldn't expand more

Strange since Anglos are the most butthurt people on the internet whenever anyone says anything bad about them.