Thoughts on Timberland boots?

I’m going on a ski trip and I want something that can take a little grit that still looks good

Not my favorite boots but they look good enough for your purpose. I wore a pair of Doc's for 7 days in Switzerland. Terrible choice

You don't actually wear them when you're skiing, you'll probably change into skiing boots before you get on the cable car

Why was it a terrible choice

They were hurting my feet badly when I walked through the ski arena or went sightseeing in the towns. If I had worn them in before for a month, I probably wouldn't have had any problems
I also fucked them up little by going sledging one night(sole cracked in the middle on one shoe)

Yeah of course, I’m just talking about the parts of the trip when I’m not in ski boots and I’m just walking around the mountain village sightseeing

Even moderate winter hiking will destroy them most likely.

They're comfy as fuck and pretty versatile. People from Veeky Forums will probably look down on you but normies will love them.

Only downside is nubuck leather is a pain to clean, and will get these black splotches if you walk through mud a lot.

Post timberland fits

From experience, the only Timberlands that will hold up to any abuse are their PRO line.

if you take the extra couple of bucks to actually waterproof them, they can be very durable. nubuck is notoriously hard to clean though, so i'd keep an old toothbrush and baby wipes on deck.
if you don't care about how they look, timbs will last you forever

Red Wings, OP. Iron Rangers i think? I bought a pair in 2012 and put them through hell, they are waterproof and in good shape despite a number of shit winters around the country.

Trash only underclass people, manual laborers, and blacks/Hispanics should wear. They are a low class, basic, workwear boot. They aren’t fa in the slightest

DC have a couple that are similar but nicer.

must be bait

Why would it be bait?

Timbs would not only not serve that propose well, but look out if place to anyone who notices what you're wearing because they aren't built for where you're going. Don't be fucking try hard. Get some actual winter hikers like merell or something.

this is awful. timbs have theyre place. but i dont think the wheats can ever be pulled off in an actual fit. thinking about copping a pair of black myself.

>low class, basic, workwear
that's where all fashion gets its inspiration from, you dumb fucking idiot

Literally nigger tier