/DIY/

Do it yourself/ re-purposing general
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" edition
Anything about making your own clothes, customizing and/or tailoring goes here. Talk about your projects. Ask Questions. Share information. Help each other out.

PASTEBIN:
pastebin.com/hnXtzTk7
(if you think the pastebin lacks any information, just ask)
Japanese magazines, just in case you need them
pastebin.com/Q2iDYiAM

last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/fa/thread/S12063970]
www4.zippyshare.com/v/dWWW4PnW/file.html
pastebin.com/cPsW7xue
vam.ac.uk/content/exhibitions/exhibition-from-club-to-catwalk-london-fashion-in-the-80s/club-to-catwalk-downloadable-dress-pattern/
blog.pattern-vault.com/2014/05/05/free-designer-pattern-patrick-kelly-one-seam-coat/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No happy birthday edition? This thread exists in it's current iteration for one year already? [warosu.org/fa/thread/S12063970]
You should make a collage containing the best projects of this year!

Finished the brown t shirt. Have to wash it and iron it. Bought a yellow and a brown yarn in preparation of a sweater.

How complicated is it to make a tee/hoodie from scratch? Recently picked up a sewing machine and I want to try it out but I have literally never used a machine in my life

It's really not difficult, but if you're new to sewing you might want to try something with woven fabric first, since knits can be a bitch to work with if you don't know what you're doing.

Bought that parka liner meme but it didn't fit like I wanted so I just cut it to be a vest and added some buttons. In b4 han solo

Good job. You even got the texture right.

rate me gats fah

looks good but ur a meme

Oh shit one year already? I shold know, I posted them
The collage is a great idea, but unfortunatly I don't have the time, I gotta work for my exams
Can another user do it?

But... parka liners are supposed to be worn with parka shells

It was really annoying to wear under my jackets. The shoulders were a little too tight and the elastic cuff was hindering my range of movement. I get a lot more use out of it now that I can wear it more comfortably

ruined

kek

I could make a selection first. It's the least I can do.

Hidee ho' neighboreenos

Nice doodle, but where is your sewing project?

yeah if you make a selection and post it as an album on imgur I could make the collage
let drawautist draw, it's unrelated but it's cool

I like u but drop the name

I’m back at it again, boys

I got this 60's adidas jacket, and I strive to reanimate it.
It has got a few paint stains which are about 20 years old.
The zip and the velcros are broken but are replaceable.
The cuff has a large paint stain, and I'm thinking about getting both cuffs covered in reflective paint.

But I have no clue what to do with the small paint stains that are all over the jacket.
Because It's unlikely that I'll be able to remove them even with gasoline.

What could I do?
Also, I'm open to suggestions

thanks Veeky Forums

looks clean

here have my wet unidentifiable black object (quilted paper vest)

Quilted paper?
Is it wearable?
Can you post a fitpic?

yes, with fabric backing
not yet, it needs a zipper so it can be put on
see above

That is the most avant-garde thing I have ever seen

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. I want to see more from him, regardless.

even more avant guarde than the flesh shorts?

Is there any way to color white leather sneakers into this slightly off white / cream color?

Dunk them in a bucket of fruit tea

Fuck you I actually googled this

Tomorrow I'll post a picture of the pair of underwear.

looking forward to this

lol it's not nice to make fun of people

www4.zippyshare.com/v/dWWW4PnW/file.html
>79 images
I attempted to make a selection. Projects like patches, dyeing and simple alterations I excluded. Wasn't sure to include Christian Nassif, because he made his own threads.
To everybody: if there is anything I forgot and you think should be included, say it!

My Dickies 874's are starting to flare out at the bottom due to cuffing & look kinda bad..should I cut them near the ankle or is that basic?

back with tasty fresh fitpics

do whatever the fuck you want dude

doesn't look very good in all honesty
it looks like kid decided to make armor out of cardboard

looks like Shit

I imagined it a lot bulkier, like a harness.
Here you go.

LOL what the FUCK are you wearing holy shit w omg I can't even stop laughing right now

It's made of paper I don't know why y'all were expecting it to not look like it was made of paper

I'm just saying it doesn't look good all things considered, paper or not, it's not very good look

What was the inspiration/idea behind the vest?

I wanted to see if I could make something out of paper that wouldn't rip into pieces immediately

Somebody once told me

That looks fucking dope! If you bought it online pls link. I would just leave it and wear it as is but if you want to customize it I guess you could go full meme and do a kind of Margiela/off-white paint splatter effect.

I support this idea, considering we're the sole positive thread on this board/It's the only reason I keep checking here.

Shrek-core

I really don't
I stopped posting pics here entirely because I don't really appreciate the shit I make popping up in the opening post of next thread

Just tell me and I won't include it then
-OP

Have you ever mentioned this problem you have before?

Does anyone have a pattern for a pair of pants like this? With or without the knot is fine.

I hate how my phone camera screws with the colors, but it'd be too much work to use my DSLR to take these pics. I just picked up some tie fabric earlier today.

nah I just stopped posting
I think I'm good, while these threads are nice and I follow them, I don't really like how the 'format' and the increasing circlejerkiness of them and I don't wanna sound discouraging to anyone just not my thing anymore I don't think

Why didn't/don't you speak up?

How difficult would it be to print this (half page or page size) for the back of a denim jacket?

whoops, image only obv

Put this together a bit ago. Some elastic on the sling bag for a narrow water bottle. Fits perfect and holds really well!

Make a pattern on your own, look at some existing ones then modify them

Ur pic shouldn’t be too hard to get right, considering the loose fit

Is this spacejew

I don't see how we're circlejerky?

I made the coin pendant last thread (The one in the header image) and I got a lot of comments in response to the finished product that were critical of it.

If it were truly circlejerky, I would've gotten nothing but fellating comments, nor would we be mocking something for looking like it's from Shrek/a low-budget ren faire.

I am Jewish but lunarcore is for Zionists.

Yeah it's hard to keep the niceness of the first threads without becoming a circkejerk, I know what you mean
Goodbye, you'll always be welcome in these threads

Whoa
I got it from my granddad, he won it in a chess tournament a few decades ago.
That’s a real nice idea you have. Thanks a lot friend

What paint did you use?

Currently waxing my Black german army parka to give it a texture closer to something like julius' gasmask cargo jacket.

Not sure I may also paint something on the back before I wax it.

Bump

what am i supposed to do with all this fruit tea asshole?

what software can i use to make real world patterns? i have 0 experience, is there any easy one? efi optitex or marvelous designer maybe?

That's fuckin gay lmao

Idk but just a heads up, these kinds of softwares are usually p expensive and almost impossible to crack

Since you got a link to the Japanese magazines, here's another from another thread.
pastebin.com/cPsW7xue

Repost from previous thread:
Juliana Sissons The Scarlett Dress
vam.ac.uk/content/exhibitions/exhibition-from-club-to-catwalk-london-fashion-in-the-80s/club-to-catwalk-downloadable-dress-pattern/
Patrick Kelly one-seam coat
blog.pattern-vault.com/2014/05/05/free-designer-pattern-patrick-kelly-one-seam-coat/

how do i make a polo shorter in lenght without looking like i cut it with a knife

bring it to a tailor

styleCAD is basically what you're looking for but it can cost like 15K for a license key

cut it staright across, serge the edge, press it, then top stitch.

I was thinking about transforming this into a kimono jacket, what do you guys think and what do you recommend ?

This is one of my inspo

i have nos experience but i'd imagine removing the collar in a way that was comfortable and aesthetically pleasant would be pretty difficult. its also a nice jacket to begin with.

perhaps try customizing it rather than fully transforming it if you get me

You would have a hard time. A kimono collar wraps all the way around the neck to the bottom of the actual jacket, creating a sort bomber jacket effect at the neck. A regular western jacket with a collar does not do this, instead opting for an O-neck with two 90 degree angles met at the first button (and obviously a collar on top).
You could do it if you really wanted to, but I think you think it's just a matter of cutting one seam while it's a whole series of additions. I hope you decide to do it though because I'd love to see the result.

Yes, i thought about adding a black or brown line like the blue one on the picture and removing the buttons but not much more. It has an already an "chinese/japanese shape"

Good point man
I think i should cut half of the collar and add the stripe. my kung-fu kimono helps me :)

bamp

co ty narobiles polaku?

p difficult
don't you want to paint it on instead?

anyone got some trouser repair/patch inspo?

2 super simple DIY.

made a stencil for the jacket and tailored and added ribbon strip to the pants

might find some cargo pockets from a pair of black pants and do something like pic related

as a friend, dont ever wear this outside

practical diy I can dig

uiuc?

yup, im a sophmore studying aerospace

Signed up to an 8 week sewing class at the community college for the new year.

Wish me luck.

holy shit, another /DIY/er
m80 i made the maroon cargobomber and the flannel track stripe jacket. I wonder if I've seen you around

Do you like my kitschy bullshit?

I hate how cut-in sleeves look on a mannequin. It's a pain in the ass because it's harder to get an accurate representation to sell it.

ohh dang your stuff is sweet. I wish there was some kind of diy fashion group on campus. I really want to get into screen printing and heavy alterations/making things from scratch

There's tfn but it's mostly girls and they don't really make stuff. I occasionally go to the art and design building to make stuff with one of my friends but im a business student so i can't go in alone. I'm sure you could find me on ig if you tried.

I'll check that club out. looking at pictures tho it doesn't look that interesting. seems like they are more about modeling

Yeah it is, i modeled a little for them a while back, but it's more about finding people with a shared interest in fashion, some of which want to make things.