How to attain ADVENTURE! core?

How to attain ADVENTURE! core?

posting more examples

wearing boots this high without looking feminine because of it

can look aesthetic in all locations

mate in the mountains

that dude looks aesthetic as fuck, so I looked him up. the kid from zoey 101 is his nephew, making him the grandson of errol flynn. weird relations, heh. looks like the genetics went south unfortunately

let me post medicine for posting that uggos face

what is it about exploring unknown places that makes men get +5pts to their faces?

Half of looking good is attitude and context. Granted most of these men are genuinely good looking but in general it applies.

Hell, there are some male sex symbols who aren't even that good looking, but they have this aura of genuine badassery that elevates them. Even as straight dudes most of us would probably say Harrison Ford is good-looking. He's ok, but would anyone look twice at that face if he was an accountant?

well, you're straight. no gay dude is going around lamenting that they want a guy who looks like harrison ford, lol. even in the original star wars he was ugly

First, go on adventures.

Do you think Harrison Ford would have trouble getting women (hypothetically, if he were single)? Do you think there's a shortage of women who list him as their #1 celebrity crush? Do you think most women who're familiar with his career, even to the extent of enjoying Indiana Jones & Star Wars, think of him as ugly or attractive?

I'm not disagreeing with you. He isn't that attractive, physically. Except he is. Funny how that works.

to me, attracted means someone I want to be around. being famous usually makes me less attracted to someone, since they're usually a blowhard. if I didn't know who he was, I would just think he was a decent looking old guy. I see more attractive people at my midrange grocery store

as for women, they'll think anything is attractive if you tell them it is. I don't exactly trust their opinions on anything other than shoes maybe

>have a masculine face
>be somewhere adventurous

If you fail the first point, don't even bother trying.

holy shit that is fucking god tier

Be adventurous and go on adventures.

Using old, clunky, poorly functioning gear is not Veeky Forums. I'm all for bushcraft and retro aesthetics, but sodden tweed, heavy welted boots, fucking waxed canvas and thread-through leather straps and buckles are just LARP tier. Peasants in the himalayas use velcro, quick drying material, plastic buckles etc.

Viruses and the diseases ticks carry evolved from 100 years ago. Bears have evolved their behaviour, they can now open bear cans and cut down food hanging from trees. Animals are now more human friendly, so their risk is higher. Acid rain is now a thing. Male testosterone levels are lower, we have done research into wearing out the cartiledge in your knees from rucking heavy useless cast iron and waxed canvas shit.

Some things stay the same, for instance fatigue induced risk of hypothermia, pneumonia and skin conditions are just as risky as they were 100 years ago.

What I'm saying is, update your gear. Stop larping and dress properly, function over appearance, then you're free to go further, stay out longer, survive on less, carry less, and deal with the new dangers of the 21st century, from ticks and lymes disease to rivers polluted with heavy metals and bears happy to claw you while you sleep for the snickers melted onto your kooky hipster tweed bedroll.

Autism over

Came to post this

This is one of my favourite looks, but I've always thought ADVENTURECORE! was best incorporated into fits in small doses. A worn jacket that has a bit of the adventurer look, or a safari shirt instead of your regular button-up, you get the idea. These fits look fantastic when the subject is photographed alone, but the truth is, they look kinda tryhard and cringe when everyone else you pass on the trail is wearing a stained t-shirt and goretex jacket. That goes double if you are actually a field scientist (geologist, archeologist) and you do field work in interesting places. Back when I was an undergrad I really wanted to dress like the Indiana Jones archetype (not necessarily that costume, just that kind of 30s pulp influenced look) but I quickly realized after meeting a few actual field workers how out of place that would be.

I think this look can look FANTASTIC when it's just one or two pieces incorporated into an otherwise normal (but still tasteful) outfit. I'm on my phone right now at work but I'll try and find some inspo when I get home.

I am not normally a shoes-make-the-man guy but I do think the boots/shoes are very important here. You should take good care of your boots of course but if they look fresh off the rack the whole outfit will look like a costume. Wear in your boots first, THEN buy all the safari/explorer-themed gear you want.

My friend who did research in the Galapagos and Ecuador had this ratty pair of flip flops he wore everywhere and a snakeskin cowboy hat and he fucked like 30 girls that year

how was this movie? i like the actor on the right

I think part of achieving this aesthetic is actually being in an exotic/adverse environment. Otherwise just slap on some earth-tones and you'd be G

That ventures into lunarcore or techwear, if you’re talking aesthetics, because otherwise you just look like a regular hiker

I’d say there’s an uncanny valley in terms of practical fashion, so things like milspo and whatever’s going on in this thread are on one side, techwear and lunar on the other, and normie hell in the middle

holy shit that is fucking god tier

>ywn roll up to a campaign fire wearing a black beret and your whites smokejumpers with all your bros matching
>nomexcore forever after
why even live

(also tfw you can't roll your sleeves up or safety will yell at you)

>t.thru hiker who has never slept next to a fire or gone off trail

yeah, synthetic clothes are really great for sleeping next to a long fire or walking through thorns

unironically kys you modernist consumerist faggot

I don't know about you but tweed is a hell nicer than what ever plastic shit they push at you. You can easily dry it by the fire anyway, and it doesn't release microfibres to waterways like fleece for example.

>t. Backyard cosplayers

been planning some hobbitcore fits unironically, basically just casual jackets and vests made from rustic/country materials in various earth tones

Retro Aplinists and Selous were the peak of outdoor aesthetics.

Those look like the Swiss wool gaiters, surprisingly good. Dunno what they're treated with.

lmao i cut buckthorn in the winter along a bunch of trails and if i wasn't wearing my carhartt jacket i would get scratched and stabbed by every thorn on those fuckers. we burn the buckthorn too and synthetic fabrics are hazardous if they catch on fire because they can melt into your skin. i get it that most retro outdoors gear is outdated for modern use (like no one needs a pair of 11lb hiking boots anymore) but not everyone is just outdoors to hike or climb shit.