Apparently this is a poleaxe wound (skull is from battle of Towton which is pretty well known for similar gruesome...

Apparently this is a poleaxe wound (skull is from battle of Towton which is pretty well known for similar gruesome finds) I wonder if he got hit with the blade or the hammer part.

Post damaged skulls.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AWFosb98Kec
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This skull is from viking age and it's a sword wound so there goes the myth of ''le blunt european swords''

This one is from battle of Visby and I don't know what killed this guy but he is still wearing armor which is pretty fucking metal.

Also from Visby and also no details what happened to this guy.

Battle of Marathon

Filename.

poor lad never saw it coming

bump

sickly enough, he survived. There are signs of healing.

I've seen this one in person. The hole through the helmet and skull are mostly on the other side. Pretty crazy to see one that old

Damn, war must have been so much more intense back then.

what museum is that in?

that's brutal

I've always wanted to own a human skull.

this is shit we do to our fellow humans

man, we fucking suck as a species

Same but it'd also be kind of creepy. I'd rather just buy an extremely realistic 3d printed skull.

It's gucci nigga, the bad is offset by the good. Can't have one without the other.

Nah. It's no good if it's not the real thing.

Don't overpay and get tricked with a fake. Get the real ones yourself youtube.com/watch?v=AWFosb98Kec

fuck

>grave robbing

There's few things in this world you better leave alone and graves are one of them.

What's sad about Visby is a lot of the dead were kids and old men, not to mention the disabled

Royal Ontario museum

Really nice place but they ruined the building by putting a giant crystal shard in the middle of it.

>I've always wanted to own a human skull.

This skull you posted is Towton 16, a veteran who must have been over 50 years old, survivor of many other battles (His inferior mandible has wounds much older than the one who killed him), and his face was crushed by a mace, 8 times.

What I don't understand about the Towton findings is how gruesome and horrible it was. We found the corpses near a church, where the victims must have fled to demand asylum. They had a lot of wounds to the head, so they were probably ran down by cavalrymen. They were killed in a gruesome fashion and their corpses mutilated, some had their ears out, probably because their killers wanted to keep a trophy. They were then all buried in a mass grave, and their heads were positionned to the east, while christian tradition said you had to be buried facing west.

How is it possible ? Why was there so much violence for what was a civil war between people speaking the same language and having the same religion ?

King Karl XII of Sweden, shot at Fredriksten in 1718. We don't know who killed him and it's completely possible it was one of his own soldiers.

How can they know its a warhammer? I've seen one that looks very similar to this and he was said to have been killed with a crossbow bolt.

Civil wars are often the most gruesome.

What.

Dude, that's insane. Poor guy.

To build off Visby, here is a guy with three bodkin arrow heads and a hammer wound in his skull. The arrows did not kill him, the hammer blow did. I think it was a mercy killing on a wounded soldier

I was there in that thread as it update live... was disgusted the second OP uploaded the first picture

>How can they know its a warhammer?
Size of the hole most likely.