Studentdebtclock.org

studentdebtclock.org

Criticism welcome. Need ideas for context.

nope you already had your stupid thread
>not doing national debt
>not doing debt to gdp
>not doing import export
>not doing trade deficits and whatever the other word is

how are you monetizing this site btw

When will this bubble pop?

We're gonna have it again. I need some damn ideas! ffs

Haven't thought about monetizing. That usually comes later for me.

you could start up a blog and then do some soft affiliation/ads

you could visualize where the money is actually going, to which institutions and whatnot, which states have the most amount of debts and whatnot

\Like the blog idea, gonna def do that. But should it be a landing page such as it is now and link to the blog separately or the blog be the landing page?

If landing page. What other information should be added?

Already have what it is and comparable debts.

autodebtclock.org

This is a huge problem that isnt just going to go away. FREE CARS FOR EVERYONE

As mentioned in the last thread, can't read your stupid message in the picture. Can't you make it bigger?

thats for you to decide

>live with parents
>get any job that pays 10+/hour
>pay it off in a year or less

Wow, hard.

>10/hr
>full time
>20k a year
>before taxes
>before expenses
>before living
>assuming all parents can help their children in this manner
Wow, math.

>having parents
shove your privilege

shes cute
i'd help her pay it off :-)

>30,500
>a lot

This is one of the dumbest ones I've seen. Even if you got a bullshit degree at a tech school and barely passed you should still be able to have half a brain and pay it off in 3 years or so. She looks fucking 14 too

You already did this thread.

Either use advertising or fuck off.

>it's not gonna fully pay for everything plus restaurants every night and alcohol on weekends
>oh well i give up. Give me loans I can bitch about on the internet
People like you are the worst. Get a fucking summer job and stop bitching

> being this salty

>history ba, four years
>public policy ma, one year
>am $29k in debt

how the fuck do these people rack up so much debt so quickly? i have both my grad and undergrad done in five years, below average student debt, and i'm doing fine.

Are you literally or not literally retarded?
>HURR FUCKING DURR
>30k is smaller than 20k
GOOD JOB DIPSHIT!

Please tell me this is referring to the students who take out the debt without a plan to repay it as the ones who are greedy, because they feel entitled to an expensive education without working to support themselves through it and are effectively ruining the student loan industry for the hardworking people who just need a temporary leg-up to get a lucrative degree.

R-right?

I hope the goddamn system crashes.

Too many non-academics studying bullshit for bullshit reasons all the while taking out enormous loans without the ability to properly capitalize on the degree leaving them in debt.

You could interpret it that way.

But wouldn't the greed be the universities taking advantage by raising rates, book publishers spitting out new versions every year, fees upon fees, and everything else that goes along with it?

How are you going to blame a child for getting diabetes when you'd given it candy?

The amount of zeroes gets the point that they're big numbers, but nobody wants to count them out. Consider having them worded as well

>raising rates, book publishers spitting out new versions every year

I agree the whole textbook versioning is the biggest scam of all of them. To boot, my uni has a few textbooks unique to our university. This is why I feel 0 guilt when pirating textbooks.

Raising rates though is completely dumb kid's fault. Demand being as high as it is (higher than it should be) is going to come with higher tuition. Fortunately most debt is held by kids who drop out after 2 years and pay it back soon and grad students who usually get high paying jobs after graduation. It's stupid the amount of kids that go to college, but I honestly don't think the enormous amount of debt is really as bad as people think.

If she had more than a 3/10 face I'd give her a way of paying back her student loan more quickly.

>tfw only 7.5k left on my loans
>I ain't even graduated yet
>manager at mcdonalds
Gonna pay for my last semester out of pocket.

I worked more than full time for the last 2 years to pay down my loans.

It's really not that hard.

Jeez!
Get some standards m8!

OP are you a Bernie cuck? If someone lends you money shouldn't you pay it back instead of bitching about it and biting the hand that feeds you

$10 an hour for 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year is how much money?

My dentist (very cute woman in her 20s) has over 220K in debt.

I'm not saying she is living lavishly, but I can't think that if she just made some sacrifices for a few years, like say a more modest car (like an accord or camry), skipped out on vacations and whatever else she could pay down her debt much faster, but I don't know her finances.. maybe she would rather live a normal life and pay off her debt in 20 years VS living poor for 5 years and paying it off then.
Granted not everyone is in the same position as her, some people only have a fraction of her debt but they can't seem to find good paying jobs to be able to pay it back fast enough.
Median household income in the US is 52k, obviously much less for the median individual. After you pay all your expenses what is left ?
I have no easy fix for this, maybe consider making student debt dischargeable

The last thread we told OP this and he said he was too good to work a summer job to pay for college. Lol fucking Bernouts, your guy is out give up already

Like, the job is shitty, but I live with my parents now, so it's the least I can do, at least take advantage of this opportunity to get rid of my debt. My parents had saved a bunch for me, I told them to take it out and put it towards their mortgage instead of paying my loans.

I think it's ridiculous that you can't go bankrupt on that shit.

Other than that, I only had $20K in loans so why should I worry?

>Voluntarily get's into debt
>Goddamn government forcing me into debt I'll never be able to pay it off it's not my fault though

>take out massive loans
>get degree
>file bankruptcy at 22 years old
>credit fixed by 30
>saved $100k

Do you understand how high interest rates would be if that was legal?

Not my problem if I profit from the system.

Well now you know you why it's not ridiculous. And why it's not how the system works.

to be honest, the website feels a bit clunky.. it has some things going for it though, the art style is appealing and it is simple enough. with those kinds of sites though, i normally expect a plug for some product. not sure what your aim with the site is.. it would work well as an entry point to a blog selling your financial advice for students entering the real world, or something along those lines.

when i say clunky, its i mean that the scrolling doesnt work well, its a bit too sensitive. not sure if you are able to adjust that.. one site that comes to mind as looking really slick is the ethereum site. if you are able to emulate their style in wordpress, i would go for a look similar to that.

sorry if these seem like misdirected criticisms. i am planning to start my own site in the near future, so if you have any responses, i would be interested to hear them

>incest 4ever

The picture in the middle is too fucking small. Also you should be able to click it and make it change.

I would pay that debts if she married me.

Just wait for USD to collapse

Dentists make bank, so she can probably pay it off as quickly or slowly as she'd like. I guarantee you if she went ramen and mom's house mode she could pay it down in like 2 years.

So lemme get this straight.
>Be kid
>Want to go to big fancy expensive school rather than community or state college
>"I know, I'll take out a hige fucking loan to help pay for college, I don't even need dem scholarships"
>Get a degree that has a low job count/job marketability
>"Wahhhhh, I can't get any jerns, all boomers fault"
>Get called stupid fucking cunt by boomers
>feelings hurt
>"Must be their fault, it's a rigged system man. RIGGED!"
>Don't even get jerb in entry level since it's way beneath me.
>"Haw haw stupid guberment, I know! I'll just stop paying. haw haw I win WHITE OLD MEN!"
>People call be stupid cunt for being stupid
>"I went to college to become more knowledgeable about things! Even though the internet has the collective works of mans knowledge I still went."
>Can't pay back loan and it starts piling up from not paying it
>"You fell right into my trap card guberment! I activate "demand student debt forgiveness""
>With this card you have to let me not take responsibility for my actions and forgive my debt for no reason other than I have a lot of it.

People take out huge loans for shit degrees and demand that they not pay it back and THEY are the greedy ones?

Yeah that pretty much sums OP up

If she'll never be able to pay back 30k in student loans how would she expect to pay back 125k loan for a small house on the poor side of the tracks??? Poor Bernout!

2 to 3 years depending on expenses and ira contribution but yes if this girl has parents she needs to fuck off to work

Agreed except for age but 19ish isn't that much different

Shhh we all know she will be a rent thrall

meanwhile my buddy took out a 100k loan to pay for law school. he's confident and indeed has the means to pay that back in

I know what you mean by the scrolling.

Whatcha mean by responses?