What brand is the best for basics? Quality is a priority, how bad are h&m or uniqlo items like t-shirts and socks?

What brand is the best for basics? Quality is a priority, how bad are h&m or uniqlo items like t-shirts and socks?

Other urls found in this thread:

gildan.com/state/landing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

uniqlo is the best

I have pretty much every single gildan hoodie color and wear them often. You can't get a better price for what you get there. Only hoodies tho. Obviosuly not great quality but amazing for the price

Uniqlo is overhyped simply because it's Japanese. H&M is on par with Uniqlo in terms of quality.

H&M non-sale
Uniqlo non-sale/sale
GAP sale

I feel like H&M gets a bad rep around here. I REALLY like their jeans, especially for the price, and I picked up some tshirts recently which were £4 (non sale !) and they feel nice. I guess just don't get anything heavy duty which has more points for failure.
Uniqlo is overblown imo. Their stuff is nice, but as a britbong (maybe in the US its different), its really not that cheap compared to most basic stores, dont have a lot of stores, and are out of stock a lot of time. Again it does feel good though and I'd feel confident picking up saying a coat or knitwear from here.
GAP just doesnt fit me well, their jeans are kinda poor, but they have sales all the time (they just had a 50% store wide sale recently, picked up coat + pants (underwear), both really nice.) Wouldnt buy off sale tho.

uniqlo like said. Cos is also good for basic clothing. Just stay away from asos and only buy specific items from h&m since most of their stuff is shit quality.

I've owned some h&m jeans in the past, they really are nice. Not elastic like other cheap jeans

hm is literally garbage. i bought a plain tee last week and after i washed it i had to throw it away

Overall, Uniqlo's quality is overrated on Veeky Forums. Veeky Forums is full of broke teens and college students who want to convince themselves the only thing they wear is any good.

Fast fashion is fast fashion, you should know what you're getting.

In reality any fast fashion company will have hit or miss quality. Some of it is acceptable, some is not.

From any fast fashion place tees and sweaters will generally be OK. Stay away from shoes or anything really cut-and-sewn.

H&M is very variable. I had stuff that wasn't great and stuff that was actually ok. You are better off buying stuff that has natural fibers if you get something from them. Stick to simple stuff, no coats. If quality is of the essence then get H&M premium if. I did hear that Uniqlo dropped in quality some time ago. I however don't have anything from them so I wouldn't know.

H&M sales are god-tier for poorfags.

I dunno man. I've had UNIQLO shit that's lasted me years. But I don't think I've had any clothing fall apart on me except for a pair of H&M chinos.

I've never really had any issue with H&M stuff. It's cheap, yeah, but I've never had issue.

whatever they got at goodwill that looks cool

Why ASOS?

This

H&M and Topman are pretty much your basic plain stuff.

Debate price quality whatever you want but make sure the shit you buys fits you and your look fa or youll look awful no matter what you wear, cheap or expensive

Zara and Sringfield BTFO those

You can buy great clothes in UNIQLO. If I were a young person, that’s where I’d shop.

>H&M is on par with Uniqlo in terms of quality
topkek

H&M is trash tier in general but you can find a few gems in each collection. It's only good if you know your shit well enough to cherry pick those (and if you're making that kind of thread I assume you don't, so go and shop somewhere else).

Uniqlo offers consistent good quality for its price range. Jeans are pretty much the best you'll find for low-end brands. Same for their knitwear. Their supima / airism / heattech tees are all you'll ever need for basic tee shirts. From time to time you'll also find shirts with interesting fabrics.

You've got Muji too. It is probably the best low-end brand for linen shirts.

Those brands are trash and you know it.

I bought one of my favorite jackets from h&m around 8 years ago. Sure, I've had to stitch and repair it in a few spots, but I've put it through hell (ps that's my jacket, but that's not me. Dude looks like shit but the jacket looks nice on me)

I also have a red tshirt from there that's so broken in and comfortable and faded that it may be my favorite non black/white shirt.

I don't know why people keep pushing the "h&m shit falls apart after the 1st wear" meme. It's not true.

How can you break in a t shirt? Sounds like it's crusty or some shit

I live in Asia (inb4 English teacher meme) and so half my wardrobe comes from Uniqlo. I wash my clothes regularly because I'm not disgusting. I have never had a garment from Uniqlo fall apart on me the way H&M, Zara etc stuff does.

Call it "fast fashion" if you want but I simply don't think it's an accurate descriptor given what that implies about the quality of the product. It is not like the designs are stellar or anything, they're pretty basic, but it is very durable and high-quality for the price.

>Which cheap brand is best
The topic.

>What brand is best for basics not tied only to price.
If you want quality basics go to APC.
If you want quality t-shirts buy merino or good cotton.
Muji has ok socks and underwear.

Exactly, this is the
>debate where to buy a cheapest plain tee
the topic.

>I don't know why people keep pushing the "h&m shit falls apart after the 1st wear" meme. It's not true.

it depends on the garment. some are decent and some really suck.

I bought two pairs of drop crotch shorts from them and both have developed holes where the back pockets attach. Its not really a design flaw they're just that fucking cheaply constructed.

shit quality

Call me an idiot, but I think investing in high quality basics is absolutely worth the money. American Giant and Reigning champ make the best t shirts and sweaters hands down, both in quality and fit. However it depends on what style youre looking for in my experience. If you have an aesthetic that requires many garments, uniqlo is the way to go, as their items are cost efficient. Spending on a lot on basics works well for me because ive built a capsule wardrobe and dont like to have a bunch of clothing. I suppose a good middle ground is to go somewhere like GAP or BR and get their t shirts on sale for like 10 bucks. still though, buying high quality basics just means down the road youll have to worry about it less

>H&M is on par with Uniqlo in terms of quality

Anybody shopped at American apparel since they went under? I know their shits made in China now...

>investing in high quality basics is absolutely worth the money
True, which is why I only buy merino wool underwear and baselayers now. Really worth every penny. Fuck pure cotton shit unless it's Ventile or something

Outlier

Honestly don't listen to anyone. Like seriously. Every user will tell you either uniqlo or H@M and the only argument they will have for not getting the other is "their stuff is shit quality" or "their stuff isn't as good as it use to be" that second one seems to be everyones go-to reason for not getting something from there. Anyway find a good outlet mall and get Banana Republic (my favorite and first choice), J. Crew (second choice), or GAP. Real talk the shirts there aren't any different than the ones they sell in retail stores and are still 10xs better quality than the two that Veeky Forums always boast about. I swear I feel like a kid in a candy store because of how many basic tee's I can cop on the cheap because of the many sales they always have.

Merino is fucking sick but its just too bad that really nice brands like outlier are so expensive. its pretty hard to justify 120 dollars for one t shirt when you could get like 3 good ones from RC. If you have the money though its some good shit

maybe it's different in the us but here in germany, h&m is shitty af.
i buy my basics at COS.

Uniqlo or cos, cheap Monday for jeans

You really don't have to buy Outlier if you're on a budget though. Outlier is luxury/functional wear and their prices reflect that. Icebreaker, Smartwool, MEC and other more readily-available brands are widely distributed online and in brick-and-mortar stores and go on sale fairly often. A lot of their shit has horrible branding (which is standard in "outdoor" brands) but they do have generic/minimally branded shirts and layers as well.

nibba just go to ross for socks

>H&M is on par with Uniqlo in terms of quality.
Holy shit, you can't be this retarted.

I've never bought anything from H&M that didn't fall apart after one wash.

Where the fuck can I buy Gildan? Every site sells them in bulk only for retailers.

it isn't
it's simply not even possible if you think about the logistics and how differently these two operate

>not having Uniqlo in your country
Why even live? Got shit like H&M, Zara, Massimo Dutti, Pull & Bear, Bershka, Kenvelo, Lee Cooper, Stradivarius, Timeout... What the fuck even are half these brands?

American apparel and gap

You don't know how to wash your damn clothes

Are Zara skinny jeans tighter than H&M skinnies, every model on zara look damn near scrawny

I used to work at the Gap, most of the men's shit they had on average sucked balls except jeans, t-shirts, and button downs every now and then. They have frequent 40% sales, and most of the men's items rarely have exclusions. Keep your eyes peeled on Gap sales, especially on weekends.

Have worn the same $15 pair of H&M black jeans every other day for 3 years and they are still kicking ass

JC Penny’s and Macy’s if you want basic at low cost; H&M can be pricey

Is it just me or is everything at the Gap really wide?

What are the names of some Italian-made retailers and brands? Interested in low end or high end.

you may not believe it but you should try ross burlington marshalls tjmax etc etc. you can find alot of in expensive cool shit there. also wear adidas!!!

H&M brand H&M clothing is garbage. Dividend or LOGG from H&M is pretty good shit tho. I have a LOGG sweater and a Dividend shirt that lasted well over a year but H&M tag clothes fall apart after a month.

What the fuck is this? Some kind of shill bot or just autism?

Uniqlo ain't shit man.

>find a good outlet mall
ok...
>get Banana Rebublic and Jcrew
The fuck? If you buy from them, DON'T go to the outlets. They're one of the staple brands that raise the price on their factory clothes to give a bigger discount.

who /h&memployee/ here?
Which department are you at?

Kidswear here, it's alright, absolute nightmare though during school holidays when the kids ransack the place and stupid arse Indians and other foreigners have no sense of retail customer etiquette

uniqlo, muji, h&m

who cares nigga

its kind of dope buying heaps of cheap shit in bulk once u got ur highend expensive shit already on lock

Lol Romania?

Yeah.

Socks: HM
Plain tshirts (black/grey/white): decathlon.
Other basics (chinos/polos): Springfield.
Dressy: Pedro del Hierro.

I buy my classic/basic shit from Brother and never going back to H&M/uniqlo

gildan.com/state/landing