I want to get some nice thick sweaters for winter but I am worried about cleaning them...

I want to get some nice thick sweaters for winter but I am worried about cleaning them. I don't want to have to dry clean any of my clothing. Cotton sweaters don't have the comfiness that I desire. What do

Other urls found in this thread:

asket.com/
endclothing.com/us/inverallan-1a-cable-crew-1a-cc-blk.html
llbean.com/llb/shop/43324?page=commando-sweater-crewneck
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Give up

If you want something nice, you need to effort to care for it

dont get yoru stuff dirty or smelly - ez

hand wash
roll up in a towel and step on it to squeeze out water
lay out on another towel to dry

asket.com/

outlier. cotton face, merino lining, machine washable

nigga im not paying 200 dollars for a sweater

wool is self cleaning

handwash in lukewarm water and there is special fabric shampoo for woolen and other delicates like silk etc lightly spin and air dry flat

howlin' are pretty comfortable, though the epitome of soyboy attire

You don't have to wash wool as frequently as cotton. Air it out, and if it's absolutely necessary hand wash.

There's a wool sweater I've not washed in like five years. Nobody knows

cant find this sweater on the site anybody know something similar?

Give up on wool and wear North Face fleece with absolute disregard on aesthetics.

I literally wash my sweaters once a year. And I only do so to preserve their softness, if I was only worried about hygiene and odors I could wait a lot longer. Also the vast majority of sweaters don't require dry cleaning.

This sweater looks like shit and you should be ashamed of shopping at ASOS.

This. Hand wash gently in cold water. Use dishwashing liquid, not Woolite, despite the name. Don't agitate. Squeeze the suds through it. Rinse the same way.
Dry cleaning is a scam.

I have some woolshirst I have never washed. I just hang them outside when it's freezing or put them in in a freezer overnight.

You know that cold and odors / bacteria are completely unrelated right ?

I didn't know that. I actually only used freezer once and it seemed to work for tobacco smell...Usually I just hang them outside when it's cold.

you don't need to wash wool you dummy
unless you spill something on it but just don't do that

Look for milsurp or old wool sweaters from eBay or your local thrift store.
Gently wash in warm water with shampoo then soak in conditioner for a while if you want to make it a bit softer. Dry flat.
Congrats, you now have a clean, comfy wool sweater for ~$30.

You're half right. You only need to air out (not in direct sunlight) after wearing, but you should absolutely wash wool before you store it. Sweat and other shit attracts moths.

The freezer is actually good for strengthening the fibers of the fabric though

go back to terrorwave thread u faggot

>wearing plastic
Disgusting pig american

You can actually very safely machine wash 100% wool sweaters provided you first let them soak in a bucket of cold water for a few hours. After it's soaked for a few hours in cold water just put it in a washing machine, put in a tiny amount of Woolite and set it on gentle \ hand wash, being absolutely sure that the machine too uses only cold water. The pre-soak is 100% crucial, so absolutely do not skip that step, or else it will very likely shrink. It works great, though - I've done it tons of times, and it always comes out perfectly. I've got this really, really old black diamond-shaped stainless steel Bertoia chair that's exactly like pic related. I just lay the sweater on it as flatly as I can, and then let it air-dry overnight. You DEFINITELY don't want to hang it up to dry, but instead try to find something similar to my chair, and dry it layed out flat. I don't know what you might have available to you, but improvise something so that the sweater also airs out and dries from the bottom.

Both of these sweaters are nice and thick, and super-high quality:

endclothing.com/us/inverallan-1a-cable-crew-1a-cc-blk.html

llbean.com/llb/shop/43324?page=commando-sweater-crewneck